Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
  • 39,975 views
Messages
818
Germany
Germany
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

"Ein Update für Gran Turismo 7 wird am 24. November veröffentlicht und die Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, einige neue Features und drei neue Autos umfassen: BMW M2 Competition ’18, Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ’87 und Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14) ’96."

(only standing in german article)

 
Last edited:
197.gif
 
I couldnt drive it really in Forza, because of the car handling of Forza 7 i couldnt't stand driving this curves. With GT handling, I think it could better ^^
Which really has nothing to do with the track.
 
Hopefully that means the short configuration will also be arriving.

I can't say I'm familiar with the track, but looks like a high-speed affair, should be fun.
 
Road Atlanta is a fantastic track. Full of character, quite challenging, and really satisfying to nail. I have insanely fond memories of a lot of races I have done here in iRacing, so it's awesome to see it come to GT7.

Great addition to the roster.
 
Road Atlanta is a fantastic track. Full of character, quite challenging, and really satisfying to nail. I have insanely fond memories of a lot of races I have done here in iRacing, so it's awesome to see it come to GT7.

Great addition to the roster.
I never really understood the appeal. The curvy section is somewhat satisfying, but what else is there to it? An uphill back straight on which slower cars will only feel heavy 🤔
 
Decent track I guess. Hopefully I'll try it out in real life sooner than later since I moved somewhat nearby. Few of my new local friends go there for track events.

Edit: Ah yea and hopefully its got a full day/night cycle as Petit Le Mans is a big annual race event there.
 
Last edited:
I never really understood the appeal. The curvy section is somewhat satisfying, but what else is there to it? An uphill back straight on which slower cars will only feel heavy 🤔
Lots imo, the back straight is a bit too long but it leads into a downhill section where you build speed into a chicane, it's hard to get that completely right - then you have another uphill climb to a downhill sweeper that you can take flat with the right line, and easily have some side-by-side drag races to the line from.

Turn 1 to the curves are satisfying, as you say, and then you have a run to a double apex corner that births some good racing because of the differing lines you can take through it.
 
So not familiar with Road Atlanta at all so just watched an onboard on YouTube and it looks a difficult track to master with quite a few blind apexes! Downhill eases look a LOT of fun though!!
 
Lots imo, the back straight is a bit too long but it leads into a downhill section where you build speed into a chicane, it's hard to get that completely right - then you have another uphill climb to a downhill sweeper that you can take flat with the right line, and easily have some side-by-side drag races to the line from.

Turn 1 to the curves are satisfying, as you say, and then you have a run to a double apex corner that births some good racing because of the differing lines you can take through it.
Fair points, but I think my issue boils down to the track not having much variety beyond the little curves. Tracks like Road America feel more complete to me.
 
Now that we know a track is coming, I can finally get my hopes up for this update.

Last time we got a new track - Watkins Glen - was easily the greatest update so far, adding the Escudo, horns, a 360-degree chase cam and of course the infamous bonanza, so this update has quite a lot to live up to.
 
Back