Road Atlanta is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in November 24 Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex511
  • 245 comments
  • 39,977 views
An important point about confirming Road Atlanta. At the end of GT Sport's life, miners located data on GT Sport and leaked information that Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Tokyo R246 would appear in the future of the franchise, or in the GT Sport, or in the GT7.

As it all indicates, everything is being confirmed. Apparently the next circuit will be Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley or Tokyo R246. Furthermore, it is highly suspicious that these circuits will be the remaining circuits to complete the full roster of GT7 tracks.
 
Last edited:
An important point about confirming Road Atlanta. At the end of GT Sport's life, miners located data on GT Sport and leaked information that Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Tokyo R246 would appear in the future of the franchise, or in the GT Sport, or in the GT7.

As it all indicates, everything is being confirmed. Apparently the next circuit will be Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley or Tokyo R246. Furthermore, it is highly suspicious that these circuits will be the remaining circuits to complete the full roster of GT7 tracks.
Red Rock Valley is my favorite track of the entire series followed by a tie between Tokyo R246/Rome so I can't wait to see that one next.

Also glad to see Road Atlanta as I now have a new track to do custom races on. Hoping they increased payout for those aswell.
 
This new track is great news :)

About 25th anniversary "ideas", iconic cars from previous GT would have been great for sure. Another thing that would be cool for nostalgia, and might be less work for PD, is to add some "classic Gran Turismo" events with cars/livery that were in first opus (like this guy does with custom race on some of his videos :
or ...).
 
But somehow the haters will still find a way to attack PD for daring try a new track....but they're the ones saying they're tired of the same old Nissan GT cars and wanting more variety....


Well we don't know what it has until it releases so why claim it's not special...sounds like you're just trying to hate on PD despite them actually listening to fans...


Also the Toyota GT-One is a classic ,.it's been there since GT1 and 2....
Actually the Toyota GT-One appeared first in GT2
 
An important point about confirming Road Atlanta. At the end of GT Sport's life, miners located data on GT Sport and leaked information that Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and Tokyo R246 would appear in the future of the franchise, or in the GT Sport, or in the GT7.

As it all indicates, everything is being confirmed. Apparently the next circuit will be Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley or Tokyo R246. Furthermore, it is highly suspicious that these circuits will be the remaining circuits to complete the full roster of GT7 tracks.
GT Sport's database also houses grandcanyon_ps2, permanent_01_WTF, test_fishermans_ranch, test_bake01, test_movie01, test_tsukuba_grass, laguna_WTF, and test_mulligan_02. What gets spread publicly is just a cherrypicked, filtered list of many courses that the developers have dabbled with. Yes, some of them end up being real, but that's barely 10% of what's even in there.

Remember that GT5 had fully functional versions of almost every single track from GT4, yet none of them were ever released in any official capacity. What I'm getting at here is - don't hold your breath.
 
GT Sport's database also houses grandcanyon_ps2, permanent_01_WTF, test_fishermans_ranch, test_bake01, test_movie01, test_tsukuba_grass, laguna_WTF, and test_mulligan_02. What gets spread publicly is just a cherrypicked, filtered list of many courses that the developers have dabbled with. Yes, some of them end up being real, but that's barely 10% of what's even in there.

Remember that GT5 had fully functional versions of almost every single track from GT4, yet none of them were ever released in any official capacity. What I'm getting at here is - don't hold your breath.

Not to mention so many assest from PS1 days making it into GT5 files even GT Psp.
 
Glad to see a new track. Not familiar with Road Atlanta. From the track map it looks like a boring Hockenheim, and the onboard didn't really fill me with excitement.
I'm hoping driving it in game will feel a lot better and that the racing on it will change my mind.
 
kjb
Actually the Toyota GT-One appeared first in GT2
Yes I must be thinking of the Nissan GT ONE.... I just remember it was red and fast and not that expensive
 
Video on the Tube



I'm already trying to decide which Gr3 car will be the META. That long back straight screams Supra but the other parts of the track might make others good as well. I am thinking I'll start with the Mustang.
 
I worried about that they didn't say something in the official site about new races...
 
17th most requested. ;)
Pikes Peak Hill Climb is still the most requested/voted/liked.
I am stunned that there are people who actually like Yas Marina, and not that many fewer than like Road Atlanta!
 
Hopefully PD doesn't skimp on the weather, I can personally attest that it rains at Road Atlanta and Daytona, also the 12 Hours of Petit Le mans does finish into the pitch black of night, so the track shouldn't have only sunrise to sunset TOD.
 
i1gmrgnWoAQQihH.jpg
i1oxKm2S75y1I.jpg
i1lqdsg9WnTyJ7c.jpg
i1fsG1Cv2jm1VW.jpg
i1svns7J359EW8c.jpg
i17gU73K3l0nvW.jpg
 
Third from last image in the post above is exactly what the circuit looks like when Petit Le Mans is ending. I have faith that isn't just a generated screenshot but what the track can look like during racing. Hopefully I'm not wrong.
 
Here’s the bigger question, will there be rain?
:)

I’d guess a 1-Hour event. Maybe 10-Laps for Gr.4.
The trailer showing Gr.1 cars. Maybe a 1-hour event with 1,000,000 Cr. Payout.
There are also pics of the Gr.3 cars on A wet circuit. Could be another event with shorter race. We’ll see.
 
Just watched an onboard video of a GT3 RS running on Road Atlanta, seems like a fun track to me.
It's a very satisfying track to drive. I've only driven it in Forza but I didn't quite like the physics and AI in Forza although I love the track and the elevation changes.

I was thinking I would have to wait until the new Forza Motorsports before I could drive that track in a game again. So, this is a nice surprise to me.
 
No rain…again! They are totally out of their mind.
There is literally no mention of weather in general, just general information about the track. How about waiting until tomorrow before getting bent out of shape? :)
 
There is literally no mention of weather in general, just general information about the track. How about waiting until tomorrow before getting bent out of shape? :)
If they did that they'd have to admit maybe this time PD listened to the fans and gave us things we asked for.....it's more popular to hate on GT7 before even seeing the update
 
Probably mostly down to exposure. Anyone who watches F1 knows Yas Marina but Road Atlanta is only going to be known in the more niche motorsports, or other games. I am kinda surprised how few know about it here though.
Yes, I was thinking that the votes for tracks among GT players are going to be hugely affected by a lot of players not having driven them in other games. I only know a lot of these tracks from FM7, but a lot of playstation owners won't have played that, as they won't own an Xbox or gaming PC. For example, I like Lime Rock a lot, but it's nowhere on the list of tracks people want, and I'd guess a large proportion of GT players have never driven the track in a game.
 
The track has been in gaming as far back as 1999, in games like Sports Car Gt & Test Drive Le Mans and many more since then.
 
Yes, I was thinking that the votes for tracks among GT players are going to be hugely affected by a lot of players not having driven them in other games. I only know a lot of these tracks from FM7, but a lot of playstation owners won't have played that, as they won't own an Xbox or gaming PC. For example, I like Lime Rock a lot, but it's nowhere on the list of tracks people want, and I'd guess a large proportion of GT players have never driven the track in a game.
Still, interesting many don’t watch any type of racing on YouTube, for any type of reference.
 
I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind having a few more oval tracks, like we only have the oval at Daytona and the Special X course .......I'd like to see Talladega and maybe Michigan...both would be fast and open the way to adding stock cars from nascar...
 
I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind having a few more oval tracks, like we only have the oval at Daytona and the Special X course .......I'd like to see Talladega and maybe Michigan...both would be fast and open the way to adding stock cars from nascar...
there's also the Bristol clone, north island or something like that.

But yeah, having a smaller than Daytona but bigger than Bristol oval would be nice. Michigan, Atlanta, Darlington (please!!), or even Martinsville
 
there's also the Bristol clone, north island or something like that.

But yeah, having a smaller than Daytona but bigger than Bristol oval would be nice. Michigan, Atlanta, Darlington (please!!), or even Martinsville
If Motegi ever makes a comeback, the Superspeedway there might be what you're looking for.
 
I am stunned that there are people who actually like Yas Marina, and not that many fewer than like Road Atlanta!
Yas is a very fun track to drive, IMO. But, it doesn't make for the best racing as it's difficult to pass.
 
there's also the Bristol clone, north island or something like that.

But yeah, having a smaller than Daytona but bigger than Bristol oval would be nice. Michigan, Atlanta, Darlington (please!!), or even Martinsville
Then there's the Blue Moon Bay, based on Pocono but a bit shorter and more banked. Broad Bean as well, I guess.
 
Last edited:
Back