Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
I realized how good Dropshot is for practicing ariels.

That and Hoops are game modes you cannot get far in with ground work alone.

I could probably argue that Hoops may be better for practicing because you have a specific area to shoot in, there's less people so you can focus more on making your shot count than racing for the ball.

Is anybody having issues with lag? Rocket League is about the only game I play and it is horrid with lag for me right now and has been for a few days. My internet is running smooth with everything else.

Also, I would love to play with fellow GTP folks in the future.

I mostly play under my main PSN account (kolio123). Add me and tell me who you are on here if you want. :)

Wasn't planning on a second touch, but I instantly spotted an opportunity after making such a soft initial touch.

Is anybody having issues with lag?

Unfortunate servers you're getting connected to? Git PC, dood!

Wasn't planning on a second touch, but I instantly spotted an opportunity after making such a soft initial touch.

What was your opponent doing with that ball? :lol:

Nice shot. 👍

What was your opponent doing with that ball? :lol:

Nice shot. 👍
I think he wanted to dribble it up the wall and start an air drib, but he wasn't able to change its direction toward my net before he popped it away from the wall. Seems like he wasn't able to get the ball to transition from his roof to his left side. Lack of practice really. Other people accomplish this pretty easily- I myself still can't.

I saw the ball had left him, saw that hesitation I know all too very well from personal experience and took a stab at stealing it.... and then I saw the opportunity to touch it again.

I was pretty happy with this dribble considering my fingers tend to turn to spaghetti when I need to take a shot.

And then this double dunk play worked far too well for how impromptu it was.

That feel when you score the equalizing goal after the timer hits 0, ensuring that you'll at least go into overtime.
And that feel, when 90 seconds later, you score an own goal, finishing the match in the opposing teams favor.

My feelings are so mixed right now :boggled:

That feel when you score the equalizing goal after the timer hits 0, ensuring that you'll at least go into overtime.
And that feel, when 90 seconds later, you score an own goal, finishing the match in the opposing teams favor.

My feelings are so mixed right now :boggled:
Been there a few times :lol:

I did an epic save with 3 seconds on the clock the other day to go to overtime. I then did 4 more saves, 3 being epic in overtime. Then I messed up and jumped over the ball and let in a simple one.

This save might not look like a big deal:

But when you see it from another angle:

I think it was simply latency of data transfer between everyone.

This save might not look like a big deal:

But when you see it from another angle:

I think it was simply latency of data transfer between everyone.

Doesn't get much closer than that!
Your team mate really dropped the ball on his save...

Here's a recent replay I saved.

In the meantime, the new car only one this time it seems has been revealed for the next update to either be locked away behind crates or behind tons of playtime for items to trade
Jager-619-RS-Hero-4k.jpg

Shame too, it does look quite decent.

Yus. More real cars. I'm excited to hear its engine sound.

RL may not ever do DLC made-up cars ever again when crates rake it so much more money for them.

For blokes like us, it means waiting to get our hands on it.

Edit: WOW you missed the best part of that update:

No more octagon nor slanted stages, and TRANSPARENT GOAL POSTS 🤬 YES!

Doesn't get much closer than that!

I think it was waaaay past that point lol

Also, I don't put 100% of my faith in any save or clear until I can confirm there is no opponent who will reach the ball before we do. This is like the no.1 rule for defensive playing. :lol:

Last edited:
This is why you should do the bump kickoff when you play Hoops:

Notice how opponent only reached halfway to the ball when I've already made contact by that point?

From stranger's POV. I didn't tell him to jump. I guess it was instinctive.

I call this 'The Drunken Perfectionist'. :lol:!

Great adjustment.

Invisible posts are here. New maps are here. Still gamer name ego-boosting decor is here. New crates (new items) are here.

2.7gb update.

Get going

Happy with my placement so far.

3v3: Platinum I
2v2: In progress
1v1: Gold II
Solo 3v3: Gold I

Traded a good few of my crates for some items I've been looking for. Also bought some keys for the first time, got a set of dracos and a distortion skin for my Takumi RXT. Woo. :lol:

Does anyone else find that the game runs slower after the update? As in I'm lagging a bit more and having more frame rate drops.

Nice to see that Rumble mode still preserves quite a few maps. Aside from the old Wasteland, I've seen the plain Octagon map as well as the original Neo Tokyo back in the rotation. I wouldn't be surprised if the ring map made an appearance too. :dopey:

Noticed this too, though I'm experiencing more server lag since the update.
The server lag is what gets me the most. It's worst on Champion's Field and Farmstead, which incidentally are the maps that I suffer most from frame rate drops as well.

The server lag is what gets me the most. It's worst on Champion's Field and Farmstead, which incidentally are the maps that I suffer most from frame rate drops as well.

Yep, definitely had the same experience on champions field and sometimes aquadome.

But maybe it's because I play in Oceania servers :lol:

Would love to play against a few GTP'ers in RL one day.

Yep, definitely had the same experience on champions field and sometimes aquadome.

But maybe it's because I play in Oceania servers :lol:

Would love to play against a few GTP'ers in RL one day.

I play everyday... just hit me up (if you're on Steam)

Psyonix is paving the way towards cross-platform parties. This test will be PC only, but eventually they plan on extending it. So hey, maybe it's not rip forever.

Hopefully PlayStation will see the light. In the meantime I can use my Switch or Xbox One to play with the PC lads. :D

I hope that cross-platform between the PS4 and PC doesn't become a thing. Being able to type fast just enables all the idiots. Playing online on PC is downright insufferable, not because their community is worse, but because it's easier and faster to throw abuse at people.

I hope that cross-platform between the PS4 and PC doesn't become a thing. Being able to type fast just enables all the idiots. Playing online on PC is downright insufferable, not because their community is worse, but because it's easier and faster to throw abuse at people.
Imagine hearing "trade" every .3 seconds. :nervous:

Back