Rolls Royce to produce an SUV - Cullinan

must have had some rich options!
Any options would do it :lol:

The diesel is £135,800 and the W12 is £162,700, as standard. Any solid/metallic paint is £4k, pearl is £9k and satin is £20k. Polished 22-inch wheel is £9k. Rear seat entertainment is £5k. The cheapest pack with "top-view" camera I can find is £5k - which adds city driving assists, or there's an off-road pack with it and the drive-mode selector for £600 more. The HUD pack is £7k...

My favourite option of all is the dash clock. You can upgrade the standard Breitling clock for a special Breitling clock for - and I hope you're sitting down - £110,000.

The diesel is £135,800 and the W12 is £162,700, as standard. Any solid/metallic paint is £4k, pearl is £9k and satin is £20k. Polished 22-inch wheel is £9k. Rear seat entertainment is £5k. The cheapest pack with "top-view" camera I can find is £5k - which adds city driving assists, or there's an off-road pack with it and the drive-mode selector for £600 more. The HUD pack is £7k...

My favourite option of all is the dash clock. You can upgrade the standard Breitling clock for a special Breitling clock for - and I hope you're sitting down - £110,000.
Knowing that I had a standard clock when there was a more special one available would ruin it for me.

So that's either a Porsche 911 GT3 or a dash clock with extra bling... :eek:

Jesus Christ :lol:

Thing is, there are timepieces which cost much more than that, and for the most part they attain that price through technical achievement and superlative finishing and construction done entirely by hand. Breitling does not compete in that market. If you want a nice piece of horology with a tourbillon to go with your Bentley you can buy one of these gorgeous Vacherons for less, so even if you're interested in watches to the point where you can understand why people pay that sort of money for a watch, that Breitling is pretty shocking.

Personally I'd want my Rolls-Royce to come with Strontium and Lasers for a clock.

Anyway....

Looks much better not in Red...

upload_2018-5-10_12-50-44.png

Such a shame that both the Cullinan and Bentayga turned out so boring to look at, though I suppose it's indicative of the sort of people who will buy one over the equivalent saloon. I feel like both brands really missed out on an opportunity to make an SUV totally unique to their brand which has its own appeal separate to the saloon models. I actually feel Lamborghini got it right here, while I'm not a huge fan of the Urus it is distinctly Lamborghini in my eye.

I've got to say, the darker interior finishes might not look at of place in an old Taxi... :ill:

I commented about this on Shmee's video about it; the interior is absolutely vile. There's way too much chrome dotted about and the new leather finish looks like the cheap plastics you get in most other cars. I imagine it feels nice to the touch but how many people get in and stroke the dashboard?

Not that any of this matters because these will sell by the bucketload. You won't be able to move in London without seeing one soon.

Well I wasn't expecting that...
I wasn't actually. The sales of SUVs are (sadly) so big that Lamborghini probably would make one. Oh, wait.

I commented about this on Shmee's video about it; the interior is absolutely vile. There's way too much chrome dotted about and the new leather finish looks like the cheap plastics you get in most other cars. I imagine it feels nice to the touch but how many people get in and stroke the dashboard?

Not that any of this matters because these will sell by the bucketload. You won't be able to move in London without seeing one soon.
Show some respect, many cows died to get that leather that looks like cheap plastic lol.

I know this seems silly, but I honestly wanted to see a photo of the trunk referenced in the article. That was interesting.

If rumors of Forza Horizon 4 being in the UK are true, then I hope this makes it into the game.

Do you have to learn "The Knowledge" before you can drive a black one in London?

Exterior wise the new TX-5 does have a resemblance to a Rolls Royce, the interior actually looks a bit better in layout than the Cullinan's and used 200% less cows! :lol:

Seriously thought, look at it!

It looks like the plastic you see on suitcases!

Last edited:

For that kind of money I would expect it to dance!

.... oh wait

Bentley Clock.gif

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people who thinks it looks gash. Wraith still my favourite Rolls. Boat-like in the aesthetic sense of the term, rather than the Cullinan sense of needing tenders to be able to park it.

For that kind of money I would expect it to dance!

.... oh wait

qPegZHSGLHcXphaE9rs5s9nc.gif
lB5wmMp.png

Seriously? What's the point? I suppose it's handy in a rollover situation where, for whatever reason, you need to know exactly what time you kicked the windshield out to escape.

Phantoms are absolutely massive, and the hip height is pretty much the same as a mid sized SUV. You don't have to bend to get in to one!!

Not a fan of the Cullinan styling, but I expect it will be a bit outside my budget, so not a problem for me :lol:

Yea, apparently I missed the boat on that one. The Cullinan is too tall to get into easily so it shortens itself... not what I was picturing.

lB5wmMp.png

Seriously? What's the point? I suppose it's handy in a rollover situation where, for whatever reason, you need to know exactly what time you kicked the windshield out to escape.
The watch needs to be rotated to wind it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_watch
Like a expensive wrist watch if you wear it every day it will winded from you moving your wrist or you can buy a case that rotates the watch when you're not wearing it.

Last edited:
Back