Round 03: 6 Hours of Silverstone

• Thread starter AJ
  • 101 comments
Should the race director have taken action because the intensity of the rain would be dangerous in real life? Yes, I believe so.

Water becomes dangerous when cars aquaplane. At Daytona 24hour, the safety car came out due to this issue with the field on the wrong tires and cars going everywhere. At Silverstone, there was no aquaplaning, the cars were safe, you just had to drive the car as fast as your abilities/track conditions would allow. The nice thing about GT6 is it will never get wet enough to cause full wet tires to aquaplane, therefore there will never be a need to call a race off due to weather.

Was a great race! Thank you to the organisers.

That rain was pretty epic, but wasn't so bad actually. Rained for the first 90mins of my stint and I think I was keeping up somewhat of a pace after a little warming into it lol. It was fun to even be able to not get blitzed by the P1 cars.
It would've been nice to have more dry racing or even half wet but I don't think we should've taken away racing because it was too bad... It was still fun and challenging and from what I saw everyone was coping okay... It was just a long time haha.
It just sucked once it went dry I was still on a very wet setup so lost a bit of pace once I was able to go onto Hards.

Thank you @Pedroleol for putting in an awesome opening and ending run for ORA, unfortunately suffered a dc towards the end for a very short time but regardless I'm proud of our efforts into our first GTPES race!

Looking forward to seeing the results :D

Results Publication

- Provisional Race Results have now been published.

Well I think I speak for all of GTORacing by saying this:

We have a long way to go in terms of our development within the team, and we have gained a massive amount of experience from the conditions at Silverstone and the performance of the other teams. I hope that we can draw from those and come into the next leg of the GTE calender with a renewed vigour and as a stronger team.

A fantastic qualifying effort provided us with a lot of hope for a strong run for this race.

Unfortunately a couple of costly mistakes on our part resulted in disappointment for us.

As always, lessons were learned. We also had some very positive takeaways, as our driver swaps showed some great speed and efficiency.

We'll be back, and we will be stronger.

Congratulations to all the class winners, and well done to all of our competitors. Weather conditions made this event very challenging for all teams

Was a great race! Thank you to the organisers.

That rain was pretty epic, but wasn't so bad actually. Rained for the first 90mins of my stint and I think I was keeping up somewhat of a pace after a little warming into it lol. It was fun to even be able to not get blitzed by the P1 cars.
It would've been nice to have more dry racing or even half wet but I don't think we should've taken away racing because it was too bad... It was still fun and challenging and from what I saw everyone was coping okay... It was just a long time haha.
It just sucked once it went dry I was still on a very wet setup so lost a bit of pace once I was able to go onto Hards.

Thank you @Pedroleol for putting in an awesome opening and ending run for ORA, unfortunately suffered a dc towards the end for a very short time but regardless I'm proud of our efforts into our first GTPES race!

Looking forward to seeing the results :D
i was hoping for 100% rain conditions for a slim chance of a p2 team getting a podium overall. Also thanks to the organizers and all who participated for a great race event.;)

I had an absolute blast in the rain! Was great to vent my connection issue frustrations on a wet track, cracking sideways under breaks, cracking sideways on throttle... just cracking sideways at all opportunities really. Had way more fun battling every corner in the wet, was fantastic fun.

Here is my highlights from the Silverstone race. Mostly it was watching other cars make mistakes in front of me as I climbed from 4th to 1st during the opening hour of the race. Short, but great, battle with PASM, before a quiet final stint with a couple of laps throwing the car about at the end with Bambi (sorry again for the nudge!)

Hope you enjoy, really should have been livestreamed, would have been brilliant to watch!

throwing the car about at the end with Bambi (sorry again for the nudge!)
No issues about the nudge. Our car had nothing to lose (literally) and the only thing damaged was the suspension, engine, and my self-esteem. :lol:

Here is my highlights from the Silverstone race. Mostly it was watching other cars make mistakes in front of me as I climbed from 4th to 1st during the opening hour of the race. Short, but great, battle with PASM, before a quiet final stint with a couple of laps throwing the car about at the end with Bambi (sorry again for the nudge!)

Hope you enjoy, really should have been livestreamed, would have been brilliant to watch!

Hey my C60 Courage pressuring ya @3:24.:D

Hey my C60 Courage pressuring ya @3:24.:D

Yep, got past me a lap after i took overall lead. Then i was under pressure from eol for many laps until i think he made a mistake. Then rcb caught me, at that stage i just let lmp2 cars go by, wasnt worth the fight.

No issues about the nudge. Our car had nothing to lose (literally) and the only thing damaged was the suspension, engine, and my self-esteem. :lol:

Really damage you that much? As you can see on my video, it appeared i missed you at the time, then you sailed by so i thought i may have caught you, but didnt realize the extent of the damage. At least it was last lap!

Really damage you that much? As you can see on my video, it appeared i missed you at the time, then you sailed by so i thought i may have caught you, but didnt realize the extent of the damage. At least it was last lap!
Bambi_vs_Sharvi_by_TadCougar.jpg

Yep, if this were real life the car wouldn't have made it to the finish. GT6 for the win, right? Again, no big deal. On to Spa and the Nürb.

Last edited:
Back