Round 04: 6 Hours of Suzuka

• Thread starter AJ
  • 109 comments
@GTP_AJ are we allowed to change to slicks before we get back to SC procedure?

Results Publication

- Full Provisional Results have been published.

- The #11 & #18 have not been classified due to only making 1 driver change.
- The #54 has not been classified due to commencing its final driver change within the final 60 minutes of the race.

AJ
Results Publication

- Full Provisional Results have been published.

- The #11 & #18 have not been classified due to only making 1 driver change.
- The #54 has not been classified due to commencing its final driver change within the final 60 minutes of the race.
There is no rule saying how many driver changes you have to do. Please explain our non classification.

Ah well it's always good to see that getting up at half 5 in the morning and driving almost 100 laps around Suzuka for 3 hours was worth it... :/ :lol:

I wish that these non classification rules were communicated/highlighted better to new drivers. Myself and Aug were completely new to this series and we would've abided by the rules if we were aware of them. Just missed reading it in the regs. Would've been helpful if there was a pre race briefing style document warning each driver of severe race ending penalties if rules aren't met, but at least we know 2 driver changes are needed for classification in the future.

Pretty gutted to have the LMP2 class win stripped from us and 3rd place overall, in a non racing environment, but I'm proud of our performance anyway. Well done to the winners and thanks to the organisers @AJ, it was a fun and challenging experience and gave a real insight into endurance driving. We just have to learn from this.

Last edited:
I can't believe we won first time out in LMP1 back to back! With a lack of preparation from our side, I had told the team I don't care where we come, just keep it clean and have fun. Who would have thought fun would have been fastest!? I don't think anyone in LMP1 would have expected us to take out both races. Although I think external factors and not just pure pace allowed us to place better than a more straight forward race, it does give us a great spring board heading into the next 2 rounds in May.

Congratulations to everyone who took part, some tough races, with Suzuka by the sounds of things being far more difficult than Silverstone. Looking forward to the next rounds!

Ah well it's always good to see that getting up at half 5 in the morning and driving almost 100 laps around Suzuka for 3 hours was worth it... :/ :lol:

I wish that these non classification rules were communicated/highlighted better to new drivers. Myself and Aug were completely new to this series and we would've abided by the rules if we were aware of them. Just missed reading it in the regs. Would've been helpful if there was a pre race briefing style document warning each driver of severe race ending penalties if rules aren't met, but at least we know 2 driver changes are needed for classification in the future.

Pretty gutted to have the LMP2 class win stripped from us and 3rd place overall, in a non racing environment, but I'm proud of our performance anyway. Well done to the winners and thanks to the organisers @AJ, it was a fun and challenging experience and gave a real insight into endurance driving. We just have to learn from this.

It's unfortunate mate but the rules are the rules and it stands to reason that you would read such a comprehensive document before entering the race/series.

There are 2 main categories of rules that you must be across: 1. Those that affect classification and 2. Those that have penalties as a result of breaching.

Get those ones memorised and your 90% there.

When everything is going right it always goes wrong. That's the story of Inferno Racing. I guess were never going to get that first win.....

You will get it mate, you guys are crazy fast so hang in there and the victory will come 👍

I can't believe we won first time out in LMP1 back to back! With a lack of preparation from our side, I had told the team I don't care where we come, just keep it clean and have fun. Who would have thought fun would have been fastest!? I don't think anyone in LMP1 would have expected us to take out both races. Although I think external factors and not just pure pace allowed us to place better than a more straight forward race, it does give us a great spring board heading into the next 2 rounds in May.

Congratulations to everyone who took part, some tough races, with Suzuka by the sounds of things being far more difficult than Silverstone. Looking forward to the next rounds!

Well done guys! Great effort!

Back