Round 05: 4 Hours of Silverstone

• Thread starter AJ
  • 140 comments
AJ
Results Publication

Notes on Results

- The following Drivers will not be awarded Championship Points, due to not meeting the minimum required driving time of (for a 4 hour race) 72 minutes;

TEX-36
gr8racrs
alexmavis
TOMAHAWK-TOM1
ParamorePlayer

My photos clearly indicate that I drove 72 min.
0 to 60 in first stint - 60 to 72 in second
Unless my confusion in the "Hold" directive, or the absense of one photo has disallowed the last 12 min.
Not unhappy or complaining - just communicating my thoughts.
Your judgement is accepted.

Edit: Just reviewed the Stint Analysis - Understand the reason

Last edited:
Provisional Results Update

- The #73 was incorrectly awarded post race penalties totalling -5 Laps.
- These penalties have now been removed.
- The #73 moves from 6th to 3rd place in class.

My photos clearly indicate that I drove 72 min.
0 to 60 in first stint - 60 to 72 in second
Unless my confusion in the "Hold" directive, or the absense of one photo has disallowed the last 12 min.
Not unhappy or complaining - just communicating my thoughts.
Your judgement is accepted.

Edit: Just reviewed the Stint Analysis - Understand the reason
I was about to send you a message through ps3 but since you're here I'll post it here. My dear friend @TEX36 i loved to share asphalt with you again and i confess that when i left pit with you straight on my tail i was chocked with your speed and fierce driving through that first set of corners and i think that only the battle between you and the light blue Nissan aloud me to run away.
You have always been my guiding light to the fact that it's never too late to learn, to improve and to be faster.
Cheers my friend.

Try changing DNS servers and see if it helps. :)
Sadly, that appears not to be my problem...
image.jpg

might need a stop watch beside me next time, because basically i lost track on my driving time since the clock on the screen was not correctly counting and i didn't have time to check my own clock at the start of the race.

maybe the steward/race-control could post time-elapsed once a while?? lol
I tried something new...I left the live stream up and out of the corner of my eye (I will move the monitor before the next race) I could see the race time and noted the elapsed time for my pit stop and when it popped up ... in I went. AND....it kept me sort of appraised of my location in the grand scheme....realizing that the commentators are human (except for the Dutch one who is an ALIEN :lol:) and they do not (can't ) get it right all of the time....and there is a time lag in the stream. It , however , was not fun to hear the commentator describing my revolutionary antics upon occasion....nor did they notice the LMP3 car mugging me while in hot pursuit of his competition...LOL.

Congrats to @TMR and @Jasogreeno for bringing Lightning Speed Motorsport our first victory! 0 time lost on track and 0 time lost off of it makes me a very happy crew chief and team owner.

@Jasogreeno Doing double duty after I pulled myself out of the race and with only one night with the car/track combo, epic drive.

@TMR I know you we're judging your efforts against what you did at Daytona and Bathurst but with a short week you kept us in the race and did the job.

Also a special shoutout to @TMR who became a first time grand parent in the past two weeks! Nice win Grandpa!

Special thanks to all the LMP3 drivers as only once did we get smacked which was a massive improvement over Bathurst for us. You all did a fantastic job. :cheers:

To all the GT4 teams, we had some nice battles throughout the race, especially the 3 way battle for 2nd over the first 40 minutes, great racing. If you had events happen during the race that caused you to be out of position, keep your chin up. We paced Daytona and Bathurst but some bad luck kept us from victory. Finally a clean race and the result is there.

See you at the Ring!:gtpflag:

Firstly, a big thank you to AJ and the commentators for organising and commentating on this event. The live stream was nail-biting to watch as a TM waiting to do my stint! It was a great idea to open up the series and expand it with more classes, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to take part.

Secondly, it was a pleasure to race against everyone in such a professional, competitive environment.

As a team, we were blown away by how on pace we ended up being and were completely surprised that we'd managed to take the win.

We hope that the rest of the season is as exciting as that was and are looking forwards to Monza. See you there!

Firstly, a big thank you to AJ and the commentators for organising and commentating on this event. The live stream was nail-biting to watch as a TM waiting to do my stint! It was a great idea to open up the series and expand it with more classes, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to take part.

Secondly, it was a pleasure to race against everyone in such a professional, competitive environment.

As a team, we were blown away by how on pace we ended up being and were completely surprised that we'd managed to take the win.

We hope that the rest of the season is as exciting as that was and are looking forwards to Monza. See you there!
Yes, AJ and the commentators, (Tom Brooks makes everything sound epic) did a great job. I know a lot of people complain, but I think that is because we all enjoy the stream and the series and we want it to be as good as it can be. :) This series is great. Cant wait for our next race, VLN2 I believe. Going to be fun. :)

And good luck to everyone in the Silverstone 12 hours! Ill be checking in to see how SSR is doing in GT500 @TNR_KING_FILO

Ping of 48 ms is excellent! The stats look perfectly fine to me.
The lower the PING the better. PING is how long it takes to give and send back information. And you want the upload & download to be much higher than what I have...

The lower the PING the better. PING is how long it takes to give and send back information. And you want the upload & download to be much higher than what I have...
I know what they all mean. I run fine with 90 ms ping 1.2 mbit down and 0.7 up.

The problem you had was a filter, possibly originating in the DNS server or your modem.

Well I think I'm getting an upgrade to 50/50, so it ought to fix it.

Just In addition to clarify ping a bit more to people who may not know it. The ping an internetconnectiontest provides doesn't have to be representative for your GTP Es lobby connection. But it sometimes can give you an indication what the problem might be.

I see this ping was setup between two points in the us however when connecting to AJ's lobby you should take in to account the transatlantic delay because data is sent over a much larger distance it will take much longer to get there. The most important thing is the weakest link between you and the endpoint the greater the distance the greater the chance a slow link be between you and your destination. in this case I can't see between which points the ping is made for all I know the endpoint of the ping could be the router from your neighbor. So these diagrams are a lot of fun and give you a general idea although they aren't an exact science.

talking about experience and neighbors. Another factor is the time the ping is made e.g during office hours when everyone is at work school and a long way from home the response will be different then during the evening hours also your neighbours are important in having a good connection. In the evening when your neighbours come back home and start watching huge amounts of P... euhm Poniemovies while their wifes are watching "So you think you are bridezilla" on netflix, litlle brothers are doing home work on their xbox's while making lovely intriguing monologues about motherlove (which is ironically the same subject of daddies poniemovie), the sisters are in a skype converence call with all of the 51 unmuted friends, the fridge is busy ordering from ebay while an hacker is busy copying your wife's family portraits and last but not least you happen to be the guy at the far end of the street whose the furthers away from the connectionpoint in your neighborhood. The neighbours use so much data so your connection will suffer big time but as companies do they never admit this.

Just In addition to clarify ping a bit more to people who may not know it. The ping an internetconnectiontest provides doesn't have to be representative for your GTP Es lobby connection. But it sometimes can give you an indication what the problem might be.

I see this ping was setup between two points in the us however when connecting to AJ's lobby you should take in to account the transatlantic delay because data is sent over a much larger distance it will take much longer to get there. The most important thing is the weakest link between you and the endpoint the greater the distance the greater the chance a slow link be between you and your destination. in this case I can't see between which points the ping is made for all I know the endpoint of the ping could be the router from your neighbor. So these diagrams are a lot of fun and give you a general idea although they aren't an exact science.

talking about experience and neighbors. Another factor is the time the ping is made e.g during office hours when everyone is at work school and a long way from home the response will be different then during the evening hours also your neighbours are important in having a good connection. In the evening when your neighbours come back home and start watching huge amounts of P... euhm Poniemovies while their wifes are watching "So you think you are bridezilla" on netflix, litlle brothers are doing home work on their xbox's while making lovely intriguing monologues about motherlove (which is ironically the same subject of daddies poniemovie), the sisters are in a skype converence call with all of the 51 unmuted friends, the fridge is busy ordering from ebay while an hacker is busy copying your wife's family portraits and last but not least you happen to be the guy at the far end of the street whose the furthers away from the connectionpoint in your neighborhood.
The basic problem with our intercontinental connection is: The speed of light is not fast enough. :) light travels 176,000 miles per second. To get halfway around the world and back takes about 25,000 miles. For simplicity lets use 175 and 25.

25/175 = 1/7

So it takes 1/7th of a second to get our signal to everyone and back. Not counting the processing time. And with a game where 1/7th of a second really matters. Everything we can do to lower our processing time helps. Even if its only a few hundredths of a second.

Given that everyone has optic fiber supporting their internet connection, instead of DSL/Dial Up, which makes it even worse.

I'm still on DSL though, so that's why. Upgrade soon.

I'm still on DSL though, so that's why. Upgrade soon.

DSL is more than fast enough to run fine. From what you have described in this thread, you can see everyone, other drivers can't see you. So unfortunately, it would be the other drivers not having their modem configured properly to play online, therefore blocking your car position, so they can't see you.

You can help by making sure your PS3 is in the DMZ of your modem/router to make sure it's not an issue at your end. We need everyone doing this to help alleviate the issues had by all

Back