Round 06: Silverstone 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 123 comments
AJ, I note that the supp regs lead to a document not yet completed; can you please confirm when it will be available?

Cheers mate

HP

@AJ Can you give us a simple explanation as to how the split days racing affects any lead built up from the Saturdays race? I know Tom explained it at the end of the race yesterday but I'm still confused - the way I understand it is any lead is nullified come the restart on Sunday - I feel like I'm missing something though?
for the S12 does the lead resets after race 1 for race 2 as it is a scheduled red flag? also are driver changes permitted?
AJ, I note that the supp regs lead to a document not yet completed; can you please confirm when it will be available?

Cheers mate

HP

The Supplementary Regulations will be published later today.

@AJ when you have a moment may you please clarify this for me?

The Sporting Regulations state that a driver is to do no more than 4 hours in a six hour period. So, when six hours has elapsed, does a new six hour period begin? If this is the case, then theoretically I am allowed to drive the final three hours of the first half and the first three hours of the second with no penalty. Right?

@AJ when you have a moment may you please clarify this for me?

4.3.a A Driver must not drive for more than 4 hours in any 6 hour period.

So, when six hours has elapsed, does a new six hour period begin? If this is the case, then theoretically I am allowed to drive the final three hours of the first half and the first three hours of the second with no penalty. Right?

No, it is a rolling time period.

AJ
4.3.a A Driver must not drive for more than 4 hours in any 6 hour period.

No, it is a rolling time period.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. 👍

@AJ -- You have probably been asked before, but I have been searching and reading through all the rules and regulations, and a few threads, but unable to find an answer. How/what will the weather settings for the race be?

Do you use local weather reports on the day?

It's a subject I've been meaning to bring up before, as my testing time is limited, so don't want to spend what time I do have, testing in the dry, for the race to turn out wet. Main reason I'm asking, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, it's going to rain! :lol:

@AJ -- You have probably been asked before, but I have been searching and reading through all the rules and regulations, and a few threads, but unable to find an answer. How/what will the weather settings for the race be?

Do you use local weather reports on the day?

It's a subject I've been meaning to bring up before, as my testing time is limited, so don't want to spend what time I do have, testing in the dry, for the race to turn out wet. Main reason I'm asking, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, it's going to rain! :lol:

Always be prepared for rain! ;)

in approx. how long thump... I mean Bambi :) (let the games begin)
I'll open up a room now but I'll be AFK. Please check this post for room status.

ROOM CLOSED

Last edited:
Starting Grid

- Provisional Grid published.
- #86 has a Grid Penalty for not qualifying all their required drivers.

AJ
Starting Grid

- Provisional Grid published.
- #86 has a Grid Penalty for not qualifying all their required drivers.
Actually # 86 is being penalized for its manager being stupid and missing the friggin box to check. Lol. :crazy:

rain.jpeg

Back