Round 06: Silverstone 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 123 comments
What a race!! Well done all!!

I am so proud of the GHH guys, you all drove flawlessly and are a pleasure to boss around for 12 hours :D

Now we wait for the results, fingers crossed lads!

Honourable mention to all other teams and the banter in the chat! Dishonourable mention to the chat trolls, you were hilarious for about half a nano second, don't come back!

Once again, great job AJ and team, loved it 👍

I was disappointed to learn I closed my stream instead of muting it, thus losing all the chat banter from when I was driving.
With the red flag and all those shenanigans, should be a longer wait than usual to find out who ended up where, but overall great racing guys, again to the super courteous GT Cup guys who left space and held their lines, you guys making choices early made it super easy to cleanly get ahead.
Thanks again to AJ, Peelstar, PASM for their tireless work, to all the teams and drivers who make it possible to go racing, to Tom brookes for his cameo in qualy for the first hour today and to the guys "in the booth" yesterday as well.

I want to say I enjoyed myself, but I really didn't. Started off badly DC'ing upon entering the room, then when attempting to re-join I received the network incompatibility error, so done a full system restart which cost us about 6 minutes. Then we obviously had the red flag drama. Then the pileup on the formation lap causing a painstakingly long spell behind the safety car which I understand the reasoning behind the pace, but is so frustrating as a driver to just sit there at that speed.

Anyway, wet weather has never been my speciality, nor do I enjoy any aspect of it, so there went our chance at a win, which frustrated me even more as the rest of the lads had put in a stellar effort to get us to the front. It was probably my best ever wet performance, but I've never been happier to see the chequered flag!

Good job by everyone involved, and see you another day!

@StigsTC great battle! Also, you gotta work on that jerk-lag man. It's scary being around you. 👍

I kinda spun after going wide at Maggots... slightly in the path of two other cars... a bit.

But it was all good and I lost about 10s.
And flawlessly avoided them too I bet :D

Congratulations everyone. The rain really killed us this weekend. T500 with a cast on my right arm do not mix with rain.

I'm running a cabled connection, nothing I can really do without shrinking the globe.
At speed of light running in a straight line from Melbourne to London, (which internet cables do not) there will always be at least 0.056 latency. GT doesn't compensate for latency too well with the jumping around.

Awesome event. Cant wait to see the results. A slight hiccup in the confusion of the restart after the red flag may have cost us some laps, but I think its still going to be close and hopefully we have done enough for a GT Cup podium. Whatever the outcome, SCAR Lotus did an incredible job and I am immensely proud of them. The banter on the youtube thread was great as HP has already said.

Great racing everyone.

I'm running a cabled connection, nothing I can really do without shrinking the globe.
At speed of light running in a straight line from Melbourne to London, (which internet cables do not) there will always be at least 0.056 latency. GT doesn't compensate for latency too well with the jumping around.
For me it was like a lag spike just every 1 min or so nothing major but did worry me a tad.

hopefully we have done enough for a GT Cup podium.

Great racing everyone.

You guys were practically pacing the GT Cup cars, I would be surprised if you didn't get that class podium! Great job!

After yesterdays mistakes, my team was aiming for a class 4th, and we're nearly positive we got it.

Congratulations everyone. The rain really killed us this weekend. T500 with a cast on my right arm do not mix with rain.

To be fair, you were absolutely on point yesterday in the clear conditions. None of us in the class could keep up, great job, you should be really pleased with yourself regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering how many racers are patiently waiting for the results, or if your refresh button is as worn out as mine :)

Cracking race, think i had the easiest stint of the weekend not even a drop of rain fell whilst I was on track, big thumbs up to those who had to race in the wet.

Thanks again to all those involved on the track and behind the scenes :)

I'm wondering how many racers are patiently waiting for the results, or if your refresh button is as worn out as mine

They are on the way. There have been some post race penalties and lap compensation to deal with.

Apologies, for the lack of updates after Hour 8 The Red Flag and extended SC took Race Control's full attention, and then there was simply too much data to process in time for before we had to concentrate on the end of the race.

AJ
They are on the way. There have been some post race penalties and lap compensation to deal with.

Apologies, for the lack of updates after Hour 8 The Red Flag and extended SC took Race Control's full attention, and then there was simply too much data to process in time for before we had to concentrate on the end of the race.
I meant that in no way aimed at you AJ :) I don't envy your job at all :) (Too many numbers)

Just want to say what a great weekends racing we've all had, gt cup and gt500 were all very fast clean drivers, had a ball in the dry and am glad it was someone else's turn when the rain came down, you Heathen boys are quick! And the nsx was blinding on a straight too. My Lil lotus had to try make up time in the corners just to keep up with you guys.

All in all another great race, thankyou AJ and the commentators, and a big round of applause for the drivers! :cheers::gtpflag:

Results Publication

The following are now available;

- Race Control Notices
- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

Results Update

- The #89 team has provided there final stint photo from Parc Ferme, therefore they are Classified. Everyone is classified and everyone scores points. :cheers:

Wait.. second place? That's freaking AWESOME! Big comeback for us thanks to all involved. Thanks to my teammate @Timlour and a HUGE thanks to my team boss and teammate @AJHG1000 for the opportunity to race this event.

Thanks to the GTCup drivers for being predictable when you were. It's highly appreciated that you guys hold your line unless you move over WELL in advance. I had to slam on my brakes for a few of you cutting me off unfortunately. :( But overall a pleasure to race with and congratulations to the GTCup podium finishers.

HUGE thanks to our race director @AJ, stewards @Peelster1 and @littleregret265, and @PASM for the coverage you could provide. Your hard work and dedication to this series is what makes it work! Thank you.

I'd like to apologize in general to anyone I may have incidentally made contact with, and forced substantial time loss. I take a lot of care to be a clean driver and it always bums me out when there's contact.

Finally, thanks to all of the other teams for providing the fabulous racing/rolling obstacles. It was an honor to be on track at the same time as GT Academy finalists and I hope to have the opportunity to do it again soon. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks to the GTCup drivers for being predictable when you were...I had to slam on my brakes for a few of you cutting me off unfortunately. :(

Sorry if we were one of the ones that cut you off. Our car was dreadful in the rain so odds are we were trying to save it then. I know in the dry I had my drivers pick a side early, but I think at one point John hesitated and wound up cutting someone off around the end of the 7th hour. None of us had any reason to cut anyone off, we weren't racing you, just our class. :)

Last edited:
Wait.. second place? That's freaking AWESOME! Big comeback for us thanks to all involved.
A lot of credit to you mate, you were super quick in the wet for that final 2 and a bit hours, absolutely was the difference with a single lap covering 4 cars!

Back