Round 11: 4 Hours of Monza

• Thread starter AJ
  • 179 comments
Did me running head on into the wall on my way to the grid come up? That happened.

EDIT: I don't think the floating camera would have caught it, but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious.
I was flicking through my own cams but didn't catch it. Saw a request to pit for damage before the warm up though - may have been you.

We did predict the XBow's rain woes though. I drove one in a Cannonball Run LAN event and know how they drive quite intimately...

I was flicking through my own cams but didn't catch it. Saw a request to pit for damage before the warm up though - may have been you.

We did predict the XBow's rain woes though. I drove one in a Cannonball Run LAN event and know how they drive quite intimately...
In all of that though I can't blame the car. With a good setup and this BoP it can be a calm and docile thing in the wet, unless of course you ham fist it off track or get wild with the brakes. The car felt (better?) once I had it setup for rain the second time I was in the car, but I just got caught in an odd place (right before the red flag), and I had practiced maybe thrice in the rain, collectively for about 10 minutes.

I'm itching to see these results! Fingers crossed JBM didn't finish 4th and Spinning Arrows got a podium! :)

Race Results
The following classifications have now been published;

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

Congrats to the GTR Blackhawks on an awesome drive. You guys pushed the pace through the whole race, no matter what the conditions were. You guys deserved the win and you deserve the Gold labels you have in the driver ratings column. My hats off to you.

For any of you in North America I am sick of seeing the Blackhawks beat the Lighting though! /end hockey rant

Congrats to my boys @Jasogreeno and @TMR on the effort during a challenging race. I was frustrated with only getting 5 laps of running myself, but not with the effort that you two gave. We learned a few things like we always seem to and it should make us stronger going forward.

Last edited:
Firstly a big thank you as usual to the organisers for taking their time to put the race on, even though the racing was cut short by connection issues.

Congratulations to TRL for the win.

A big thank you and well done for my drivers who put in some great lap times, noting StigsTC in the wet and tanky1 for his start and securing us the pole. We're already planning for Fuji where we're expecting another great battle!

Oh horse pucky...the bow was AWESOME in the rain...just flat ass out of power...and it showed. Remember this X does not even vaguely resemble normal handling due to MAX ballast and NO power...it is sweet in the corners and dead slow elsewhere...thus the placings and qualifying.

Congrats my fellow Turtles on the P3 victory! :cheers: On the GT4 side... Well... It could've been better. Can't wait for Fuji with the extremely long straightaway with an underpowered car! Awesome! :lol:

Congrats to the GTR Blackhawks on an awesome drive. You guys pushed the pace through the whole race, no matter what the conditions were. You guys deserved the win and you deserve the Gold labels you have in the driver ratings column. My hats off to you.

For any of you in North America I am sick of seeing the Blackhawks beat the Lighting though! /end hockey rant

Congrats to my boys @Jasogreeno and @TMR on the effort during a challenging race. I was frustrated with only getting 5 laps of running myself, but not with the effort that you two gave. We learned a few things like we always seem to and it should make us stronger going forward.

Thank good race!!

I guess I better update my tentative congratulations to TRL to a full one! Well driven guys, stint analysis shows you brained us.

Also I think Penalty log is backwards for #13 and #14, I (#13) received my penalty for avoidable contact at 1:50, and served it the next lap (1:53), not 0:46. And I recall our driver commenting #14 had a penalty in the first part of the race, before I'd swapped in.

Was that the LMP3 (orange ) hitting the Ox (yellow with Tex driving) and the car he was passing in the Parabolica??

Was that the LMP3 (orange ) hitting the Ox (yellow with Tex driving) and the car he was passing in the Parabolica??
Umm... Are you talking about Inferno? We are the #12 car.

Sorry it was the orange car (Mazda) that took out Tex by trying to go three wide into the Parabolica..Tex was hit and crashed ....the other guy (the one he was passing) continued on.

And.... this is as good a place as anywhere to restate the obvious. There are no real stewards in that they can't watch everybody....and there are no replays. So when you shunt somebody concede a'ready.

This is supposed to be fun and expecting a slower car to evaporate or beam out of your way is just plain impossible. We have already discussed that this combo of GT4 and LMP3 has way too much difference in lap time and it really takes some serious attention to avoid contact....so ...try not to hit the slower than Snails and Turtles (puns intended...lol)X Bows....its not their fault....its physics.

Sorry it was the orange car (Mazda) that took out Tex by trying to go three wide into the Parabolica..Tex was hit and crashed ....the other guy (the one he was passing) continued on.

And.... this is as good a place as anywhere to restate the obvious. There are no real stewards in that they can't watch everybody....and there are no replays. So when you shunt somebody concede a'ready.

This is supposed to be fun and expecting a slower car to evaporate or beam out of your way is just plain impossible. We have already discussed that this combo of GT4 and LMP3 has way too much difference in lap time and it really takes some serious attention to avoid contact....so ...try not to hit the slower than Snails and Turtles (puns intended...lol)X Bows....its not their fault....its physics.
I'll ask my drivers if they had contact with your car, but from what they told me, they didn't hit any traffic. It's multi-class racing, this stuff will always happen. I will say, (from the 5 laps I did) the GT4 traffic need to make sure they make a designated sign to show which line they are going on. Some people sat in the middle of the road under a heavy braking zone, which is probably the worst thing you could do.

For the most part the GT4 guys have been fantastic at picking a line and sticking to it, or making their moves early. Only a couple of times where they've sat in the middle of the road and made it a bit risky, but everyone gets caught out unexpectedly occasionally, it happens, and ultimately its up to the LMP3 to get passed cleanly. If there isn't a gap, there isn't a gap.
I made a mistake on reading a GT4 car, and I paid the price, and I have no problem with that (beyond me making silly mistakes).

Hey mate, I'm so sorry. I was behind the wheel when I hit your driver. I was already alongside Tex and the other GT4 car braking for parabolica and I didn't see him on the outside. I understand you guys were racing and I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience I caused you. I was having trouble with some GT4 traffic before the incident and was getting frustrated. I do agree that I was at fault and I hope you accept my apology.

EDIT: @StigsTC really? I was having a lot of trouble with some cars. The closing speed isn't too much so when you do get close to a GT4 car, it's difficult to get by them in corners. So places like the Lesmos and Ascari and even Parabolica a couple of times are where I was having a lot of trouble

I caught several cars in Ascari, and I passed them after the exit. As it should be. They have the line, and we have to make the pass clean, which I couldn't do, so I didn't.

EDIT: The slower classes have no responsibility to jump out of the way or evaporate when a faster car comes through, blue flags are to warn them that faster cars are approaching, so they don't turn in on a car that is legitimately beside them.

Congrats my fellow Turtles on the P3 victory! :cheers: On the GT4 side... Well... It could've been better. Can't wait for Fuji with the extremely long straightaway with an underpowered car! Awesome! :lol:
380rs needs more POWER!!!!!

Back