Round 14: Japan 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 142 comments
That's the second week in a row the #67 has been ruined in some fashion, this time completely out of our control.

My guys did insanely well, @mustafur's pace obliterated all
comers, and @TDZdave and @Konnor were pretty much peerless in the changeable weather, cannot be anymore pleased with the driving aspect.

However all that speed again has just gone to waste with 2 DSC's and an unfortunate penalty when we got mixed up with the rejoin rule, I'm still struggling to wrap my head around it. Mustafur claimed he DSC'd just as he was about to cross the line to start lap 35 and his in lap, if there is a worse possible moment to DSC I'd like to be corrected. For a manager, to see a 40+ second lead get wiped out for something so silly is enormously frustrating and stressful.

I got in the car knowing I had to make a repeat performance of Tsukuba, and I'm glad I did. I hate this track but I really didn't want to get out of the car! There were a couple of instances where I was less than impressed, such as getting driven off the circuit at turn 10, how I can go from the apex of a corner to 20m deep into a gravel trap with damage is beyond me, nor was there any suitable position to re pass me there, very lucky on both counts. Like I said, the pace was insane, and I believe I overtook each GT300 at least once.

But of course, it would all go to waste as TDZDave's PS3 froze just as we were performing the driver change, so poor old Mus had to come back in again. Why does this crap keep happening to us? This is the second race in succession where the pace we had should have seen us lead very comfortably, only for outside interference to put paid to it.

I really wanted to join the commentary and give my insights to the stream, but with the chaos going on out back with things like "how the %*+& are we going to finish the race now?!?" and many other expletives, along with me falling asleep, it wasn't possible for me to join. Maybe I should only commit to rounds where I'm not racing from now on.

I'll hold off on congratulating a winner as the results weren't updated since hour 7 so much could have changed. Well done to all on a great race!

Cheers, Jono.

Well, I drove the last 2.5hr on the assumption that we were second in class with a gap I don't have the pace to close ahead and a reasonable gap that I could manage behind. But the last few minutes of commentary suggest that we might have actually been leading.

Now it's the long wait to find out which of the two RX-7s has won GT300 - we were either 85s up or 35s down!

Edit: Of course either way, I'm just the putz who toured round in 2'10s for 150 minutes. The groundwork was done in the previous 9.5 hours by @Beau Albert, @Chocochocochip5 and @Seth123

Well, I drove the last 2.5hr on the assumption that we were second in class with a gap I don't have the pace to close ahead and a reasonable gap that I could manage behind. But the last few minutes of commentary suggest that we might have actually been leading.

Now it's the long wait to find out which of the two RX-7s has won GT300 - we were either 85s up or 35s down!

I was going to hold off till we had some idea beyond 7 hours but the result isn't everything in these races.

I cannot say enough about the team I get to manage race in a race out. We all have our flaws but when it comes down to it we all have the same goal and are committed to the team beyond anything else.

I demand a lot from these guys and they come through time and time again. Regardless of the bop, other teams and all of the things that can happen in a race the streak is alive and well.

@Jasogreeno I cannot even put in to words how awesome your drive was today. The first stint was fast and insanely consistent and yet the rain stint is the one I'm more impressed with. It's an amazing opportunity to have someone like you on our team that not only makes me look over my shoulder but pushes me to be better everytime we hit the track. 2 THREE HOUR STINTS at the highest level possible, couldn't be prouder of you than I am.

Was pleased with my start in the early hours of the morning though it took me a while to find a rhythm. Was able to settle in and take the lead back from Seeeeth, who drove a great stint, just before we both exited the car.

Chris you did a heck of a job with the limited practice you did. Driving in the changeable conditions on slicks like you did may have won us the race.

While we're hopeful for the best result, the times we spend practicing, doing the races and the toast we have and the end of each race makes this all worth it.

Thanks to all for the great race.

Words can not Discribe how Frustrating this race was, we started at the back of the grid due to one of our drivers having issues putting Stint photos up so we had to get @JonoStan96 in to replace the driver, but after our first flying lap I was able to take the lead. Then I was pumping out a big lead of somewhat 40 seconds before I get a Disconnect just before my First stop, I rejoined as quick as I could and did the next two hours of my Driver stint as fast as I could but I knew we would be several laps down after this but @JonoStan96 did an excellent 3 hour stint which got us some time back, and from what I know after a brilliant stint with @TDZdave got us back onto the lead lap or there abouts. Our Final driver was able to catch back up to the leaders.

Still unsure where we finished but we should of dominated this race we had soo much pace.

Last edited:
That was a pretty cool race, I was quite happy to see a fixed dry race, and I have no problems with weather being switched on at a red flag, made for a very interesting finish.
Congrats to the Reaper guys who pushed as all day long, to the Russian Roulette guys who have really found form as the season has gone on, notable Bambi who very quick on cold tyres and even better in the full wet. Unfortunate day for the TWR guys to get DCd twice, and I recall other DCs as well but due to not sleeping all night and then passing out moments after race finish I genuinely don't remember.
Gutted to not have pulled off another 12 hour result, but things don't always go the way you want, and I was happy to have not lagged out, even if I had to run from 3am onwards.
Looking forward to the full results midweek, should make for some interesting reading catching up on the GT300 battles and filling all the gaps I missed!

Well first off I have to say thanks to our supporters an organizers for this event. You guys did a stellar job. Especially everyone that was on the live feed :-) you guys need to get paid for that ;-).

I have to say @LITTLEBLACKO , @Sinyster , And @sk8er913 you guys held the team in form! From our 2nd and 3rd stint racers we battled back hard. You guys really keep DRR going the 3 of you. I on the other hand got dealt a hand of cards we were not ready to deal with. Should of, would of, but we did not plan for weather to come into play and with that I feel I let my fellow racers and Team down in the final hours. That was some of the absolute worse driving I have ever done and I apologize to my teammates for that. It was a Simple case of not following the 7 p's. "Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance".

That falls on me and it hurts the team more then I knew while racing... should of would of but didn't spec the car for running in the rain. The bottom line is my hats off to my 3 teammates for running a fantastic race and for pushing extremely hard to come from behind.

I give my hats off to both the whole GT500 and GT300 class that raced in the final 3 hours. It was epic and great racing :-).

Well first off I have to say thanks to our supporters an organizers for this event. You guys did a stellar job. Especially everyone that was on the live feed :-) you guys need to get paid for that ;-).

I have to say @LITTLEBLACKO , @Sinyster , And @sk8er913 you guys held the team in form! From our 2nd and 3rd stint racers we battled back hard. You guys really keep DRR going the 3 of you. I on the other hand got dealt a hand of cards we were not ready to deal with. Should of, would of, but we did not plan for weather to come into play and with that I feel I let my fellow racers and Team down in the final hours. That was some of the absolute worse driving I have ever done and I apologize to my teammates for that. It was a Simple case of not following the 7 p's. "Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance".

That falls on me and it hurts the team more then I knew while racing... should of would of but didn't spec the car for running in the rain. The bottom line is my hats off to my 3 teammates for running a fantastic race and for pushing extremely hard to come from behind.

I give my hats off to both the whole GT500 and GT300 class that raced in the final 3 hours. It was epic and great racing :-).
I also let the team down

I don't think any driver on any team prepared for rain so it's ok lol. :cheers: I think we've got 4th in class. but not entirely sure.

I don't think any driver on any team prepared for rain so it's ok lol. :cheers: I think we've got 4th in class. but not entirely sure.
Yeah, but I am going to need a little time and a little beating myself up over this one. Normally I am prepared for this, but we worked hard in dry that it overshadowed the fact we might get wet.

I also let the team down
There's still half a season for the rest of us to mess up a race too.

Yeah, but I am going to need a little time and a little beating myself up over this one. Normally I am prepared for this, but we worked hard in dry that it overshadowed the fact we might get wet.

I could not drive the car on RH tires on 8%, I spun 2 or 3 times in my last 2 laps. Our tune was not designed for rain at all. :P Maybe Sinysters tune would've worked better. But its all over now. Add it too the book, use it next time.

RRR dedicated the week before the race on the rain setup and driving in rain conditions (100% water on track only with non-stop raining).

But I have to say you will never be fully prepared for rain :)👍

There's still half a season for the rest of us to mess up a race too.

I could not drive the car on RH tires on 8%, I spun 2 or 3 times in my last 2 laps. Our tune was not designed for rain at all. :P Maybe Sinysters tune would've worked better. But its all over now. Add it too the book, use it next time.
We have a few more races to go and now with 3 classes for our team I will make up for this race ;-) plus I can't let you have the fastest time on the team every race :-)

RRR dedicated the week before the race on the rain setup and driving in rain conditions (100% water on track only with non-stop raining).

But I have to say you will never be fully prepared for rain :)👍
If youre good in the rain you might not be good in the dry. And that's not a good thing. I would think camber would help.

@miata13B I was disappointed with my race at Tsukuba last week, because it could've been so much better, but it wasn't a bad run.

I have successfully condensed the last 4 hours of this race into 7 seconds.

QUEUE THE MUSIC!

And remember, slippery when wet. :lol:

eotGpeO.gif

What a race! Can't say i could be any prouder of the Endurance Experience boys, you all did fantastic and i believe we are 2nd in class. Not bad for a team that hasn't existed for 100hours yet!
I believe you guys are the winners, won't say too much in case im wrong, but congrats to NingDynasty and your team, you guys were fantastic, i believe i saw in the YT Chat it was JasoGreeno in the car when we had our battle, huge credit to you for being a fantastic clean, quick and consistant driver, your pace was phenominal and i tried every trick i knew in the book from going to turtle speeds on apex to positioning the car in any way i could to get the advantage but it wasn't to be, you were just too quick. If thats the racing we get in this class, AJ, can our team be permanant?!?!? :P

Thanks to all, hopefully my 1am commentary wasn't too boring, i did the best i could while running the team at the same time!!
Next up on Bobo's japanese tour, Fuji! Motegi and Tsukuba both ticked off. Not long until the flight to the Green Hell though....
Cheers guys, Bobo.

Back