Round 14: Japan 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 142 comments
What a race! Can't say i could be any prouder of the Endurance Experience boys, you all did fantastic and i believe we are 2nd in class. Not bad for a team that hasn't existed for 100hours yet!
I believe you guys are the winners, won't say too much in case im wrong, but congrats to NingDynasty and your team, you guys were fantastic, i believe i saw in the YT Chat it was JasoGreeno in the car when we had our battle, huge credit to you for being a fantastic clean, quick and consistant driver, your pace was phenominal and i tried every trick i knew in the book from going to turtle speeds on apex to positioning the car in any way i could to get the advantage but it wasn't to be, you were just too quick. If thats the racing we get in this class, AJ, can our team be permanant?!?!? :P

Thanks to all, hopefully my 1am commentary wasn't too boring, i did the best i could while running the team at the same time!!
Next up on Bobo's japanese tour, Fuji! Motegi and Tsukuba both ticked off. Not long until the flight to the Green Hell though....
Cheers guys, Bobo.
This is 2 races in a row that we've battled in the same class, whats next?

Yeah, it looked a bit slippery :lol:
Are you in GTP ES? you said you watched all of it.

I watched all of it, thinking about joining 4 the next season or maybe one or two races this year..
Are you as good of a good driver as many of the people here? Did you set a time in GTAcademy? I was the 32nd fastest in the USA this year, and I was that red Lexus spinning out of control. :lol: TNR_Zigen who was in a GTR was also somewhere around 35th? And many other people in here can give a similar performance. It is a lot of fun and a very high quality series.

Getting a ride is pretty easy.

Just look at this calendar and pick a class that you think you would like to be in, a general rule is that the further left <-- you go the faster the drivers and cars are.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...CHEDULES - 2015 GTPLANET ENDURANCE SERIES.pdf

Then ask here for what class you would like to drive in, and someone will add you if they need a spot. There seems to be a lot of mid-season attrition going on so there should be a lot of empty spaces, good luck and see you on track.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-endurance-general-discussion.320939/

Note: I am in LMP2, GT500, GT300, GT4 and TCN1. I will probably not do a GT500 race though because I am a reserve driver. I am going for a driver championship in TCN1.

I have to say I had a lot of fun watching the stream! As some may recall I even took my laptop to the bathroom and watched it as I took a shower, it was that intense! Well done to all that participated in organising, commentating and driving. It was a heavy slog for all of you and that rain in the dying hours looked like hell to drive in, I hope you all slept well after it.

Gotta say one of my highlights was watching @Timlour fend off two very fast GT500 front-runners for 3 whole laps, keeping his positioning solid and making his Nissan very wide where it needed to be.

I have to say I had a lot of fun watching the stream! As some may recall I even took my laptop to the bathroom and watched it as I took a shower, it was that intense! Well done to all that participated in organising, commentating and driving. It was a heavy slog for all of you and that rain in the dying hours looked like hell to drive in, I hope you all slept well after it.

Gotta say one of my highlights was watching @Timlour fend off two very fast GT500 front-runners for 3 whole laps, keeping his positioning solid and making his Nissan very wide where it needed to be.
I hope the next 2 VLN races are just as intense. :D will be fun.

One of the keys to a great endurance team is to have all the drivers equally matched, don't think we did too bad! :sly:
WINNING.PNG

*Sadly famine's stint was all in the rain, but i'm sure he would of been right with us!*

This was the worst race from TWR by far, I was very very dissapointed with how things went specially after the 2 early lost connections, everything happened to us but I guess it can happen to all of us.

We wanna congratulate the winners and all drivers that participated in the race, also sorry if there was any touch or situation from our side, I can guarantee it was not intentional. As always good job from AJ and the guys behind the scenes, stewards, commentators & co., always amazes me the effort they put in into these events.

Race ended badly for ORA, seems like we always have something going against us. From the start we were demoted to just 2 drivers, one of which (myself) whose first GTPES race was Tsukuba. We had a very good middle part of the race, we kept in the top 3 for majority of the time until I had to do a driver change cause of fatigue and planning but my teammate @Pubs16 got involved in very bad connection issues, causing us to drop to 5th. Everything is ok though, I am still proud of our performance and we'll come back stronger.

I have successfully condensed the last 4 hours of this race into 7 seconds.

QUEUE THE MUSIC!

And remember, slippery when wet. :lol:

eotGpeO.gif

Was that you or Me? Laughing so hard here great video

Are you as good of a good driver as many of the people here? Did you set a time in GTAcademy? I was the 32nd fastest in the USA this year, and I was that red Lexus spinning out of control. :lol: TNR_Zigen who was in a GTR was also somewhere around 35th? And many other people in here can give a similar performance. It is a lot of fun and a very high quality series.

Getting a ride is pretty easy.

Just look at this calendar and pick a class that you think you would like to be in, a general rule is that the further left <-- you go the faster the drivers and cars are.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/338058179/2015/CALENDARS & SCHEDULES - 2015 GTPLANET ENDURANCE SERIES.pdf

Then ask here for what class you would like to drive in, and someone will add you if they need a spot. There seems to be a lot of mid-season attrition going on so there should be a lot of empty spaces, good luck and see you on track.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-endurance-general-discussion.320939/

Note: I am in LMP2, GT500, GT300, GT4 and TCN1. I will probably not do a GT500 race though because I am a reserve driver. I am going for a driver championship in TCN1.
Yeah, would like to drive those GT300/GT500
But can't make it those last 2 races..

Race ended badly for ORA, seems like we always have something going against us. From the start we were demoted to just 2 drivers, one of which (myself) whose first GTPES race was Tsukuba. We had a very good middle part of the race, we kept in the top 3 for majority of the time until I had to do a driver change cause of fatigue and planning but my teammate @Pubs16 got involved in very bad connection issues, causing us to drop to 5th. Everything is ok though, I am still proud of our performance and we'll come back stronger.
Yes sadly! Am so annoyed at my connection performance for that last driver change as many would have seen. I would have to say my best luck for the whole season regarding my dreaded joining time and luck. My 2nd stint was no lost time getting back in from @Brutaka's first stint, then the 3rd this was just terrible resorting to resetting my router and then suffering TWO DC's once I finally got in, got about 6 laps in the final minutes of the last hour. Aside from all that absolutely I'm still so happy looking back before the last hour.

I made a mostly very consistent first stint, getting in the lead even for the first time, unfortunately only due to @mustafur's DC early in his first stint though, just running out my own laps and pushing towards the ends before each pit stop for the first 3 hours as I could see I would close into everyone leading in GT300. Apologies for running into a driver in Lightning Speed around the 2 hour mark, great racing close by but I had got caught by some slightly earlier braking. Also to @Whitetail for our little bingle, following the incident with the RRR GTR I tried finishing my stint with light damage but lost it under the bridge into the wall. A late call to change over to @Brutaka 20mins early as I was just near the pits, it was a slight delay for him to get onto track. You ran a great stint mate, kept us in 3rd before handing it back over allowing me to have a couple hours sleep lol. We were hanging in there! Looking close for a podium by the time it started raining at the end of my stint. Again Brutaka holding our position quite well, aside having to suffer a lap in lhm mode you hung there as long as you could dude. For only your 2nd big race dude you've done awesome considering our situations. I just dropped the ball at the end though. Would have loved to have seen how we could've played out had I been able to join back no problems for the final hour, in the few laps I was able to do I managed 2:09s and my most enjoyable wet laps in any race so it would've been a fun finish with everyone.

Huge congratulations to Lightning Speed Motorsport, yet again a flawless race for you guys, you just keep it all together so well and that's how it pays off. The Endurance Experience team, guys absolute kudos to you achieving 2nd in a completely unexpected entry, holding an also perfect race and your results show. Unfortunate for @JonoStan96 and his RaceOnOz team but you boys still made the podium so a huge relief to still grab that considering your troubles, I'm sure, but a closer shot missed at a race win again I will not argue with that.

I'm now finally all rested up from this big night lol, had to go to my Pop's 65th pretty much after the race on 2 hours sleep. So now I'm kicking back day off from work watching the coverage to watch our the GT500 race also. Huge thanks to the commentary team, it gets better every race, and it's just so awesome to watch, I can't get enough of this series lol. And lastly as always thank you @AJ, @Peelster1 and @littleregret265 for providing us the foundations to be able to do all and enjoy all this, we're pretty damn lucky here on GTPlanet.

Well that was one of the more difficult races I've done yet. Qualifying fourth I was surprised that we were second on the grid, thanks to a few GT500 penalties. The start was probably the best moment of the race for me. Racing with @rclark83, a platinum driver if I recall correctly, was mighty fun and really boosted my confidence in the car as a silver driver at the time. I reckon I took the lead close to the end of my stint when Reaper Racing made an unexpected pit stop and was trying to pull the gap out the best I could. Unfortunately while trying to make hay I had a little tangle with @Pubs16 under braking when he rear-ended me and afflicted rather significant damage. I tried to feel the car out and continue but on a DS3 I was losing too much time per lap to be worth staying on track so we were forced to make our first driver change moderately early.

When @Timlour hopped in he was doing extremely well but had a really unfortunate disconnect, costing us a lot of time in recovery back to our pit box. e also avoided quite a few accidents and was even the victim of some late dives but he held resilient and chugged on until the second driver change to put in out highest rated driver.

@Kross24's stint was probably the most adverse. Timlour's tablet had an error uploading a stint photo and in fact deleted it, earning us a 30 second penalty. I trust that tablet had had a baseball bat taken to it, I know it would have if it were mine. Along with that, a mass disconnect, and then ANOTHER individual disconnect we thought our hopes for a podium were just about shot. Although I have to thank both Kross and Timlour for putting in a really strong effort and taking a lot of bossy orders from me in our team chat in stride, lol.

After Kross's unfortunate exit from the race lobby we made the impromptu decision to put me back into the car for the remainder of the race, which it was now raining! It took me a while to get used to the intermediate tires as I've never practiced on them but I think I came to decent form after a couple laps. According to the timing and scoring I drove us from 5th to a podium spot, although I'm sure it wasn't quite that drastic. I am happy with my second stint, although I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. I'll sum it up quite simply for you all:

GTPES RainDrift.gif

Big thanks to @AJHG1000 for once again trusting me with his car and allowing me to take charge at times and plan things out, although I didn't really want to do all of the logistics. Also a thank you to my teammates Kross and Timlour for being reliable and not sleeping or browsing Facebook when it was time for them to drive the car. I'd also like to thank our race personnel @AJ, @Peelster1, and @littleregret265. Without you three this would be impossible. Thanks to all of you.

Congratulations to the winners and podium finishers, certainly well deserved all around. I am genuinely surprised we earned a podium finish and it is a welcome result given two disconnections and multiple accidents with other cars and technology. See you all next race!

Last edited:
Looking at the analysis it would seem @Whitetail and I were incredibly evenly matched; both extracting identical pace out of the opposing GT-Rs in the dry (My frozen game stint pic at the red flag was seemingly disallowed) as the 1:45.177 fastest lap was not shown in my 2nd stint.
In the wet I was told by my teammate he'd also run a 2:00.1, matching my 2:00.06 but I need to ask him if he ever managed any faster to confirm that we were locked together on pace in all conditions! Great racing out there mate, time for that beer!
Edit: Also sweet apex with the 60 degree entry

Times were very close between myself, Bambi and Tanky in the wet, I know I set a 2'00.1, I think Bambi was on a 2'00.2 fastest lap but could be wrong. Either way, was extremely close between all entrants! If it hadn't been for some connection issues there would have been more teams on the lead lap. Bring on the next one!

Looking at the analysis it would seem @Whitetail and I were incredibly evenly matched; both extracting identical pace out of the opposing GT-Rs in the dry (My frozen game stint pic at the red flag was seemingly disallowed) as the 1:45.177 fastest lap was not shown in my 2nd stint.
In the wet I was told by my teammate he'd also run a 2:00.1, matching my 2:00.06 but I need to ask him if he ever managed any faster to confirm that we were locked together on pace in all conditions! Great racing out there mate, time for that beer!
Edit: Also sweet apex with the 60 degree entry
That 2:00.1 was my fastest in the full wet conditions. :cheers:

Big thanks to @AJHG1000 for once again trusting me with his car and allowing me to take charge at times and plan things out, although I didn't really want to do all of the logistics.
It's been a tough month for me and just lately I was able to get on the PS3 regularly again.

Big thanks to you for taking a big role in the team by setting up practice rooms, doing the setups and organizing the QP and Race schedule for the drivers that took part, I don't really know how the team would have done this race if it wasn't for you :cheers::cheers:

Back