Round 21: London 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 173 comments
Easily the highlight of the entire series
12049042_1012833478756278_1563635805_n.jpg

Great racing all...and a shout out to Hyperion...even the baby deer :lol:....very well done. It just proves that if you put your heads down and hit your marks that almost anything can be overcome. Superb driving.

On a personal DART note one of our drivers had to bail in the middle of the night causing a bit of mayhem but the guys jumped right in ....including @RobbiefromBC AKA Robbie...who had a stellar race starting 3 hours stint and then finished off the remains 7 hours later....getting very well into the 26.xx s . Nice job Robbie

I wish to thank warrior for the fight we made in the last 50 minutes. It's in these moments that I believe GT is a great driving simulator.

*wall grab him because of ****** modeled hitboxes*

Nevermind that

I'm sorry team, I screwed all your great work up at the last corners :(
"great work?" I crashed/spun on my own at least 10 times. :lol: Lost us 3 minutes of time... :\

Yeah, sorry about that. The first one was a surprise but the second was ridiculously close!
You were slow. :lol: I was fast as you on the first lap or 2 that you did. :D did you not practice this track much?

You were slow. :lol: I was fast as you on the first lap or 2 that you did. :D did you not practice this track much?
No, I'm just not very fast. My talent is consistency - and aside from three cock-ups (one reasonably large) all of my 85 other laps were within 1.2s of each other in each stint.

No, I'm just not very fast. My talent is consistency - and aside from three cock-ups (one reasonably large) all of my 85 other laps were within 1.2s of each other in each stint.
My stint was terrible today. So many spins... :/

Wow what a great beginning to this race. From the flag drop it was a little mayhem into the 2nd corner. @theewar stellar drive along with the two intense battles we had. I was told by some people on my team that it was the orange CRZ I was battling to beat not your CRZ. Had I known that our battle would have been way more intense. Again I applaud you for great Clean Fast as heck racing, I tip my hat towards you :-)

On another front halfway between the 2nd and 3rd hour I had an incident with the Black Lotus. Coming into turn 5 I knew you were gaining fast on the DRR Lexus and I left the whole inside of the track wide open to you. I don't know what happened but the next thing we both whacked each other. I hope you didn't get any damage like I did. A minor incident like that did make the difference in the end of the race.

I also want to give a shout to the DRR crew, Sk8, Pfeffer and Conte you guys did a hella job for our team, we may have come up short this season, but next season in TCN we are coming back with a vengeance :-).

Congrats to Sk8 if the Official Standings show you are the Driver Champion. With your dedication to the team you deserve this!

Congrats to SCAR also if the Official Standings show that you guys won the Team Championship. A well deserved win. I remember at the first Lemans racing you guys and it was stellar racing against you then along with racing against you at the beginning of this race :-)

Tried to watch the last 20ish minutes of the race just to see the stream abruptly end on YouTube. Is anyone else not able to watch the finish or is it just me? I hope this is fixable by AJ, the stream just ends out of nowhere on a massive cliffhanger.

With the full 12 hour video up my version also stops with 20 or so minutes remaining. Previously it showed me the last 4 hours including that final 20 minutes; so I'm not sure what's going on.

You wait all that time to get one, then two come at once! Insanely happy to score wins on consecutive days of the weekend.

I didn't really have many expectations coming into the race has we had no practice or qualifying, but when @TNR_KING_FILO gave the team
his tune and told us the times
he was doing, suddenly my eyes lit up.

@Konnor deserves a huge wrap for recovering to the lead lap after being terminally damaged after an incident, he did a remarkable job. When Filo hopped on and proceeded to get us a lap ahead, I was stunned and amazed. He had incredible pace and consistency. @skywalker was in next and he didn't have the smoothest of runs due to the red flags, but he did very well indeed. @warrior2167 performed his usual heroics, and that battle with @Il_Conte_Sky was amazing.

A perfect weekend for RaceOnOz then, the best way to bounce back after some terrible bouts of luck. Congrats to Hyperion on the GT Cup win, Green Hell Heathens on the title, and SCAR Honda on the TCN-1 championship.

It definitely felt good to get some sleep in, 44 hours without sleep is not good! I hope you also enjoyed my little surprise with Matt Simmons coming on for an interview, it was a great pleasure bringing him on comms.

Last edited:
All GHH had to do was finish the race to help me win the Drivers Championship, but yet again this team proved that simply finishing endurance races isn't the way to go racing, and that the best way to race is to fight until the very last second!!
A huge honour for me to take to the track representing the Green Hell Heathens every weekend. When we made our debut at the 24 Hours of Daytona in this series, after the first QP session we saw just how hard this competition was going to be, and it came as a huge shock to myself as to just how quick all of these drivers in this field are. I struggled initially and after 2 disappointing results in the "Kazboat" i had enough, and told HP that if i'm going to be competitive, i needed 4 wheels, not 2 sail's and an outboard motor. :lol:

He responded by putting me in the GTCup megane and from there, this team has been remarkable!!
Myself and the Megane clicked together like a Fish to water, and soon with the help of the GTAcademy 2015 International winner Mint_GTR and the stupidly consistent Famine, GHH took their maiden win in the GTPES Series!! Boo-Yeah!!! :cheers:

The Green hell we had 110% of our focus on, and we came away on a track i call my own with poles and wins in both VLN races, and the GTCup victory in the N24! Safe to say our entire team were more than ecstatic!
From there we had Brands Hatch and oh boy..... do i hate this track!! :scared:
Somehow we fought on to an Unofficial podium to finish the season off. All of us at GHH are eagerly awaiting the final results to see if we have got the 4th place required to fend off any possible late season charge from SCAR to win the Teams Championship! C'mon AJ, my nerve's can only hold on so long!! :nervous: ;)

No matter the result, a huge thankyou from myself to AJ for running this series, thank you to the stewards for making this series the way it is, and a huge thank you to all the drivers for making the on track battles as hard fought as they were. You never made life easy, and i'd never have it any other way! :) Thank you to SCAR Lotus in particular for being a phenomenal benchmark this year, you guys are insane!! SokaGT, been a pleasure fighting with you too, you are one heck of a talent, and have 0 doubt you are top 5 in the entire series!
However, the biggest thanks has to go to HeathenPride/HP for taking an unknown rookie and putting that rookie in his vastly experienced team. Let's hope i can pay you back with a teams title too!
Sorry for the huge paragraph guys, but i'm on top of the world right now! :gtpflag:
GTPlanet 2015 GTCup champion.png

Loved my first experience in the GTPES. I am extremely interested and love this entire organization. It was a great event and the officials handled the huge issues with professionalism and I hope to return in the future. I had great battles with the drivers and have no complaints. All in all, I had a great experience with GTPES. Thanks guys.:cheers:

Last edited:
Great fight with car number#87 at 3h to final.
Yes it was a good fight, thank you for racing me clean and with respect. I was tired of sitting behind you and made a risky move into to turn 1, glad you recognized I had the line and gave me ample room. 👍

Still hoping that the last part of the race will pop up, but it looks as if YouTube doesn't want me to re-live taking the checkered flag, bummer. Only hope now is if AJ has it archived somewhere and is willing to tack it onto the end, but I doubt it.

The following have now been published;

RACE RESULTS

- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

NOTES

I have seen a number of comments along the line of; 'there shouldn't have been a red flag for sake of one driver'. There was not. There was a Red Flag for the sake of everyone. When drivers joining the lobby become invisible to drivers who are already in the lobby, it is broken. This is a result of Polyphony's net code not being able to keep up with large numbers of new user refreshes/pings in a short space of time, and is not related to an individual's connection quality.

Half the field was was due to make another driver change at this point (2nd Red Flag). Once we established that there was an issue, the race was neutralised. The extra 5 laps/18 minutes spent under SC allowed me to complete the data input from the previous red flag, to ensure we had a clear picture of everyone's position before going Red again.

AJ
The following have now been published;

RACE RESULTS

- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

NOTES

I have seen a number of comments along the line of; 'there shouldn't have been a red flag for sake of one driver'. There was not. There was a Red Flag for the sake of everyone. When drivers joining the lobby become invisible to drivers who are already in the lobby, it is broken. This is a result of Polyphony's net code not being able to keep up with large numbers of new user refreshes/pings in a short space of time, and is not related to an individual's connection quality.

Half the field was was due to make another driver change at this point (2nd Red Flag). Once we established that there was an issue, the race was neutralised. The extra 5 laps/18 minutes spent under SC allowed me to complete the data input from the previous red flag, to ensure we had a clear picture of everyone's position before going Red again.
I have found an error. @miata13B was only credited for 114 laps... but in stint photos the picture clearly says 116. :D

I have noticed the race replay has been pulled from the GTPlanet YouTube channel. Maybe there is hope I'll be able to re-live that amazing moment. :)

I'll contemplate doing one of those big post-race essays with the pictures and such. If I do you'll see it here when I find the time to actually do it! :lol:

I have found an error. @miata13B was only credited for 114 laps... but in stint photos the picture clearly says 116. :D
Yeah I can post the pic again, but it did say 116 laps when I handed the car over during the Driver Change.

Back