Round 23: Monterey Sports Car Championships

• Thread starter AJ
  • 120 comments
Looks that way Nail; 1:36.507 is indeed 107% of the 1:30.193 set by the Morphine car.
The 4 way battle for the championship is now down to 2, brutal luck for TRL and Morphine.
LSM and GTR_blackhawks the last 2 remaining in the race for the title!

Well that's me done for the GT4 season, big thanks to @GTracerEHTeam and spinning arrows racing for the opportunity to drive, really appreciate it, looking forward to next season. Good luck to all teams and drivers in todays race shall be a great one! :)

Even though their is nothing we can do about it now. But I just feel like connection issues shouldn't be the determination of your lap time.. again nothing we can do..just frusterating that connection issues is how we get eliminated,@littleregret265 had the second fastest lap time and Littleregret had a shot at GT4 drivers championship..

It was an absolutely phenomenal season racing with GT4 and LMP3, and I hope you guys can put on a great show today. I'll still be keeping an eye on the proceedings, and I think I'm justified in saying it's going to be a heck of a fight between LSM and GTR for the championship. Big Thanks to @Ph1sher for the seat and to my teammates @Schmiggz, @GTRacer22, @micantony, @BionicDerp, and also to everyone behind the 14 car for their support and help through the whole season. Of course I can't forget @AJ, @Peelster1, the Promoters, the Commentators, and everyone else involved in this extremely competitive series. Good luck to everyone today.

I honestly begin to describe how gutted I am right now. For our team to come this far and then be let down and eliminated by my connection issues is just the worst feeling ever. I'd like to thank everyone who made this season possible, starting with my manager @Ph1sher, and teammates @littleregret265, @Schmiggz, and also @micantony. Thanks to @AJ, @Peelster1, and the many commentators. Many thanks to all the competitors for making this such a competitive series.

Extremely unhappy with myself for letting this happen, and ruining LR's chances for a title. Sorry doesn't even do any justice.

Don't mind me while I go and listen to Adele while eating ice cream in the corner.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

It was an absolutely phenomenal season racing with GT4 and LMP3, and I hope you guys can put on a great show today. I'll still be keeping an eye on the proceedings, and I think I'm justified in saying it's going to be a heck of a fight between LSM and GTR for the championship. Big Thanks to @Ph1sher for the seat and to my teammates @Schmiggz, @GTRacer22, @micantony, @BionicDerp, and also to everyone behind the 14 car for their support and help through the whole season. Of course I can't forget @AJ, @Peelster1, the Promoters, the Commentators, and everyone else involved in this extremely competitive series. Good luck to everyone today.
I don't think I count, as my Ps3 hasn't been turned on in months... :lol:

I am making this post as an open apology to Turtle Racing League.
I sincerely apologize for being unable to fulfill my stint in today's race. I woke as planned, a few of you may have even seen me in the Youtube chat. However 1 hour into the race my family was shook by an event in our house. We had to quickly rush a family member to hospital and from there, the race meant nothing to me.
I apologize i couldn't tell you guys, however in this case, it didn't come close to priority.
Good news is, everything is ok. Bad news is, i missed my first ever time slot to get in the car and i ruined my teams hopes for a title.
I will be left kicking myself for that, but i would make the same decision again.

thanks to the MWM team, we had an awesome 1st season, we had an eventful season but thanks to all of you, been a pleasure racing against each and everyone of you all.. to Can Am VRL we were all cheering for you guys was special that applause and minute of silence.. was a fair battle right to the last stage..

@andrew1990 @StigsTC what a team manager and our engineer who is the master strategist!! been a please roll on 2016, new tracks new races new challangers and we come back to defend our lmp3 title.

thanks to @AJ and all the stewards and ofcouse everyone involved with coms and broadcasting, been a please, see you all at Spa24

Well... I'm pretty sure this LMP3 season has made me one of the most hated drivers in the series.... Despite that, I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish.

I started out at Silverstone being told just under a week in advance that I would be racing. I was jetlagged, the car handled terribly, and all in all, I hated it. Despite that, we had a damn good shot at the win until the leading P3 car sent a GT4 into us which cost us an extra pit stop. At Monza, we really did struggle thanks to lack of preparation for the wet. I'm proud of what I achieved in my stint but it still wasn't my best drive. Fuji was another tough one for us. I ran another decent stint but with track limits airtight, we lost a lot of time to our contenders. Red Bull Ring was the first time I felt really confident in the car. I was given a good position to finish in and I brought the car home in first.... until the stewards decided otherwise.... Coming into this final round, I knew my chances of winning the Drivers champ were slim(we had already lost the teams champ at this point). I wanted to prove to myself that I was capable of winning.

Not only was my stint sub-par, but I've also seen a lot of hate towards me for, what I can tell, no apparent reason. I'm really not sure why this is but it's extremely demotivating to see people call you a terrible driver after working your a$$ off to finish second.

I'm not happy with the way this season has gone as I feel we were cheated of two wins, but we'll keep going. Not every team has a championship and one in LMP2 is a hell of a lot better than one in LMP3. Also I'm proud that I've finished in the top 3 in both classes(P2(3rd) and P3(2nd)) I've competed in.

Massive thanks to my teammates: @rcb929, @Mike458, @ScuderiaLucas, @RacingLine, @TRL_Andromeda for making this season bearable.

We lost alot of time to MWM in this race on 2 ocations, first off, we did a driverchange under normal race conditions, whereas MWM did theirs under SC, thats easily a lap lost, and then some. (I kinda dont like how that is allowed, as it saves so much time)
And then we got a penalty, for resons I'm not sure of, but I'm confident it was fair, so thats on us. But is sucks nevertheless.

And because my driving time was so limited due to the extensive red flag, I never got the chance to really do any serious catching up when MWM got their "slower" driver in the car.

On another note, @cameronburner , you showed good pace, but I'm a bit pissed because of your lack of car control in our close battles. I'm sure you did'nt do anything on purpose, but you caused me a ton of problems.

Final thoughts: We had the pace for a win today, but when it all comes down, @TNR_5zigen had a slight advantage on me in raw pace, and even without our issues and all bad luck, I'm still not sure we would have won. It would have been close, but that pace advantage probably would have ment MWM would had come out on top regardles. So hats off for a well deserved win today!:cheers:

Hyperion congratulates all. We made the race due to TRL's misfortune, so sorry you missed because of connection issues. @Meister Fetz ran a great opening stint getting us to 2nd. I got in the car and then the issues started and finally a red flag. After the red flag I was in the car starting 2nd. On the first lap had a car smash into my rear going up the hill causing damage to both rear tires. I then pit and run a few more laps and 2 P3 cars who were not playing nice in front of me and both spin, fill the track, and collect me and possibly someone else. The good news on that one, is the crash threw me into the pits, right where I wanted to go :lol:. I had fun but was a bit frustrated having to pit twice in the first 9 laps after the restart. Not sure where we ended up, but it was still fun even with the incidents we had. Thanks to all the organizers for all your hard work.

Last edited:
Back