• 116 comments
@Flaco13
@John Wells
@Harsk100
@LexLathor
@nonka

Thanks everyone for a nice rally! Here are the results from the test round:

Score_summary.png

These were the results in detail. The laps that were counted for your score is marked with an *.

Flaco.png

Max.png

eran.png

Lex.png

Harsk.png

wells.png

@J_Starscream Strange that it wouldn't allow you to join the lobby. Maybe our networks are incompatible? Could we test it tomorrow and see if you can join then? You and @Downhill Dino can do your laps then as well if you want to.

Last edited:
@Flaco13
@John Wells
@Harsk100
@LexLathor
@nonka

View attachment 511871

These were the results in detail. The laps that were counted for your score is marked with an *.

View attachment 511867
View attachment 511870
View attachment 511866
View attachment 511869
View attachment 511868
View attachment 511872

@J_Starscream Strange that it wouldn't allow you to join the lobby. Maybe our networks are incompatible? Could we test it tomorrow and see if you can join then? You and @Downhill Dino can do your laps then as well if you want to.
Fifth? I wasn't expecting a 5th place...

I can't believe that you counted the slowest lap time too....

The laps are selected by random, it's the same for everyone.

Lap 9 and 10 are what raised your score. Lap 9 didn't count, but as it was the furthest from your average it means that lap 10 did lower your average, and gave you a higher score for lap 5 and lap 2.

Had lap 10 been around 2:16, your average time would be higher and you would have gotten a very low score, probably around 2 points in total.

@Flaco13
@John Wells
@Harsk100
@LexLathor
@nonka

View attachment 511871

View attachment 511867
View attachment 511870
View attachment 511866
View attachment 511869
View attachment 511868
View attachment 511872

That sounds like an idea, test compatability

Eran, I think that it should be changed from "Draft" to "Open". Anyways, will the next round be in February 13th, right? Just making sure.

Eran, I think that it should be changed from "Draft" to "Open". Anyways, will the next round be in February 13th, right? Just making sure.

I'll post a race calendar tomorrow, but yes we'll probably have a round on Saturday.

Rule change
I've made a change to the way the scores are counted: the maximum score of each round will be the length of the track in kilometers. For example, a 4 kilometer track would have a maximum score of 4 points, and for a 10 km track, the maximum score is 10 points. This change is made because the difference in lap times is proportional to the length of the track, so it makes sense to have a bigger maximum score for longer tracks and a smaller maximum score for shorter tracks.

Because of this change, and because you hopefully have a little better understanding of how this works now that you've seen to scores, the scores from the test round will not carry over to round 1, so everyone will start from 0.

Rally results
@J_Starscream couldn't enter the lobby at the test round, so he did the round on Sunday instead. These were his results:

Starscream.png

@Flaco13 @nonka @John Wells you all joined the test round. Do you want to sign up for the full series as well?

Everyone, please do not forget that this saturday, the GRC Round 2 starts. If you wish to do it before the RRRRR starts, then you are welcome to join. 👍

Anyways, I will be able to join at 19:00, but need to leave the lobby at 20:00 UTC, as GGTC R1 will start at 20:20. 👍

The series has changed from draft to open! A race calendar was added to post #1. This Saturday we go to Tuscany and Castelmartini!

https://goo.gl/maps/jrWnydgW9fn

Edit: A small change to the timing and points system has been made. To make the results easier to read and to reduce the amount of work needed to manually input the times, all times are rounded off to the nearest decimal (for example, 2:02.577 becomes 2:02.6).

Last edited:
Having technical difficulties it seems. Tried joining at first but timed out, then the room disappeared unless it's closed.

@J_Starscream @Downhill Dino @Harsk100 @Flaco13 @LexLathor @nonka @John Wells

Plan B

No event tonight, it's not possible to get a good connection.

We will try a reserve heat tomorrow:

Reserve heat
If a driver can't make it to the main heat on Saturday, a reserve heat will be hosted on Sunday. The time trial starts at 16:15 CET (15:15 GMT) and the lobby will be open from 15:30 CET (14:30 GMT) for practice and warm up.

If that doesn't work, or if someone can't make it tomorrow, we've got a Plan C:

Plan C

Download the track (link here) and run an arcade mode single race, you need to set the distance to at least 4 laps (since the 1st lap will be counted as a pit-out lap). Save the replay, then go to the gallery, select the replay and export it as MoTeC data (you need a USB stick for this). Then send the MoTec data to me and I'll grab the lap times from there.

If you set the AI difficulty to 'beginner', you will only have five AI cars on the track, which means less cars for you to overtake.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It doesn't matter, you can do it online, in offline free run mode or in arcade mode time trial. I think all of the replays can be exported as MoTec data.

Edit: Actually, it needs to be an arcade mode single race, because in free run mode and arcade time trial you can see your own ghost and that makes it too easy to keep the same pace.
Then, how can we keep keep the consistency if there will be AI Opponents during the race? I think that I will go slow this time, for the sake of the consistency. 👍

Back