Rubber Band Trick What?!

• Thread starter neowman0
  • 103 comments
Originally posted by gtmaniak
well?

Now you've got to be kidding me...the answer's in the very thread, it's been answered quite a few times, and you're ASKING THE SAME QUESTION!?

Maybe next time you should read the thread. ;)

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Now you've got to be kidding me...the answer's in the very thread, it's been answered quite a few times, and you're ASKING THE SAME QUESTION!?

Maybe next time you should read the thread. ;)
hey i figured at least he didn't post a new thread, he made the effort to search for the topic before. too bad his effort didn't last long enough to READ it! :D

lmao :cool:

Originally posted by Nightmage82
how do you work out warp from kph? i thought 2c was warp 2... clearly im mistaken. i rounded 1.99 up to 2 :D

Warp 1 is 1c - 1x the speed of light. Warp 2 is roughly 10c - 10x the speed of light.

Warp is a logarithmic scale - Warp 10 is infinite speed and is theoretically unobtainable. However, since Warp 1 is also theoretically unobtainable for anything with a non-zero rest-mass, don't let it bother you. Although that's last bit's not actually entirely true.

Originally posted by Famine
However, since Warp 1 is also theoretically unobtainable for anything with a non-zero rest-mass
eh? how about this? :)

Attachments

• cnn_columbia.jpg
    cnn_columbia.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 48
There's no smiley for *slaps hand to forehead in a Garfield-esque pose*, so I guess I'll just have to type it...

The Shuttle hits the atmosphere at the equivalent of Mach 25 (Mach is measured at just over 740mph in dry air at sea level and 0 degrees Celsius at normal pressure (101.5kPa)) - which is a stupid speed.

Edit: Oooh. Found a "Speed of Sound" calculator, where you can allow for temperature changes - you multiply the Celsius temperature by 0.6, and add that to 331.4, which is Mach according to the definition above in metres per second - multiply by 2.237ish for mph...

There's no smiley for *slaps hand to forehead in a Garfield-esque pose*, so I guess I'll just have to type it...

The Shuttle hits the atmosphere at the equivalent of Mach 25 (Mach is measured at just over 740mph in dry air at sea level and 0 degrees Celsius at normal pressure (101.5kPa)) - which is a stupid speed.

Edit: Oooh. Found a "Speed of Sound" calculator, where you can allow for temperature changes - you multiply the Celsius temperature by 0.6, and add that to 331.4, which is Mach according to the definition above in metres per second - multiply by 2.237ish for mph...
hey i know... i have a-levels in maths, further maths and physics amongst other things. but that picture is still funny! :D

You'll like this then...

Warp 1, 1 billion km/h, 1x c
Warp 2, 11 billion km/h, 10x c
Warp 3, 42 billion km/h, 39x c
Warp 4, 109 billion km/h, 102x c
Warp 5, 229 billion km/h, 214x c
Warp 6, 421 billion km/h, 392x c
Warp 7, 703 billion km/h, 656x c
Warp 8, 1.10 trillion km/h, 1,024x c
Warp 9, 1.62 trillion km/h, 1,516x c
Warp 9.2, 1.77 trillion km/h, 1,649x c
Warp 9.6, 2.05 trillion km/h, 1,909x c
Warp 9.9, 3.27 trillion km/h, 3,053x c
Warp 9.99, 8.48 trillion km/h, 7,912x c
Warp 9.9999, 214 trillion km/h, 199,516x c
Warp 10, infinite, infinite

Can anyone say "Star Trek Fan Site"? :D

A little from column a), a little from column b) :D

Hey I DID win "Most Knowledgeable... :D

You'll like this then...

Warp 1, 1 billion km/h, 1x c
Warp 2, 11 billion km/h, 10x c
Warp 3, 42 billion km/h, 39x c
Warp 4, 109 billion km/h, 102x c
Warp 5, 229 billion km/h, 214x c
Warp 6, 421 billion km/h, 392x c
Warp 7, 703 billion km/h, 656x c
Warp 8, 1.10 trillion km/h, 1,024x c
Warp 9, 1.62 trillion km/h, 1,516x c
Warp 9.2, 1.77 trillion km/h, 1,649x c
Warp 9.6, 2.05 trillion km/h, 1,909x c
Warp 9.9, 3.27 trillion km/h, 3,053x c
Warp 9.99, 8.48 trillion km/h, 7,912x c
Warp 9.9999, 214 trillion km/h, 199,516x c
Warp 10, infinite, infinite
you have a graph or equation for that?

Guys I'm trying this and it's not working. I have gas set to the right stick pointing up, and the steering set to the left analog stick going left and right. I have it at max hp, but the thing keeps on grinding the wall and the other cars pass, or another time whenever it came off the wall it would just go to the pits when I tried putting the band just around the acceleration.

I took a gamble but it paid off.. i had about 1.5 the amount of money to buy the escudo, meaning if it costed $1, i had $1.5.. neways.. i bought it and with the money left i beefed it up to max HP, bought hard wheels and that's about it.. then i went into the 100 super speedway thing and set my car so that it was as low as possible, hardest suspension springs and lowest compression and springback for the springs.. ooh and of course max downforce and no TC.. then wot i did was instead of using a rubber band i got a piece of wire, the type u get when u buy cables and they use em to tie the cables together.. neways.. so i made a loop and wraped it around the 2 joysticks and shifted the one on the left so that i pushes towards the right a little bit, not MUCH.. just a lil.. and then i got some weights and "sumhow" made it so that it stuck on the the accerator.. then i just unpaused it and went away.. came bak bout 30-40mins later and i'm a rich bastard.. did it about 6 times til i got bored.. ended earning about 8x the original amount of money i had..

Back