RUF ~ BTR '86

RUF ~ BTR '86

• Thread starter AngHell
  • 2 comments
AngHell submitted a new tune:

RUF ~ BTR '86 - Nurburgring 24HR RUF BTR '86 550PP Race 8:12 video included

Read more about this tune...
I can appreciate the lap time, however this is in terms of basics a Porsche 911, The weight distribution is key to the basic layout and personality of the car. Since you now almost have a 50/50 weight distribution by adding 200kg to the nose of the car to me kinda defeats the purpose of driving a rear engined car.

I have 77kg at -12, which gives a 43/57 split F/R, this is similar to a 997 as over the years the engine has crept forward and was even practiced on the 935 race cars of the time. One of the key elements of a 911 is the transfer of weight from the back to the front under braking, as the weight shifts forward there is a perfect balance achieved F to R which is why 911 are renown for there stopping power. The goal is to minimize any extra slack in the suspension so these transitions happen in a controlled manner, brake balance is also a strong factor in getting these transitions under control.

It is in fact a very difficult car to tune but i would recommend sticking closer to the original weight balance as a base lline and fine tuning the suspension and the diff. which especially controls the tendency of lift-off oversteer as well as initial power understeer.

Back