Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

If we do get rain, there's always a compromise, I suspect there where be much smaller grid sizes, not expecting shiny wet road surfaces.
There might be a FPS drop as well if it's present in the race, too.

If we get Circuit de la Sarthe with rain I will let it slide that we didn't get a night version this time. Next game needs dynamic everything though.
great point about the night version of La Sarthe and even more after the last edition of the 24 hours, the night race looks great with those high spotlights from the LMP cars

That wouldn't be ideal, because PD wanted a stable frame rate for this game... Hopefully it has been optimised correctly to handle wet conditions.
Who knows? We can never say yet. But it could probably be one reason why there is still no rain in GT Sport yet.

Looking at PD past, they will probably dump quantity over quality, in previous titles such as GT3 it had a wet version SR5 with just two cars, in GT4 there was a arcade race to showcase convertible cars which only two cars. In the current game they might go with a rain version of some of the tracks with fewer cars just to showcase with what might be, but I think there focus is PS5 & the next version of GT.

Potentially another alternate possibility of supposed new-to-be-revealed content could be rain + a new track + the Norther Isle infield layout(s?). Having that as one or two of the TBD tracks could widen the possibilities of other tracks, and depending on the actual layout it could be Gr. B on the wet infield. If I recall PD has done a new track plus layouts of an existing course in at least one update (Monza+Maggiore variants), and we technically already have the infield running with rain in the game already (conveniently also with Gr. B cars), just not usable outside of the mission events.

Silverstone is still a highly likely prospect though, and it’s not like we have long to wait to find out anyways.

Last edited:
Rain would be cool. But, I'd rather have la Sarthe at night, and the Bugatti layout.

It, honestly, does baffle me why La Sarthe doesn't have a night option. Home of the biggest 24H race in the world, famed for the challenge of night-time. It's a track where the lack of night really feels like a glaring omission, especially considering Mount Panorama and the Nordschleife, who also host long and famous endurance events, have it. This is looking to be an update where new conditions will be added to tracks and it would be nice to have a dry night option on some other tracks, along with the wet.

How is it so much bad to spoil this info now and not only on the event to be announced ? I think thanks to that leak even more people will watch the event to see the new things but it would be bad if they won't shown anything new again the disappointment will be even bigger.

J.D
How is it so much bad to spoil this info now and not only on the event to be announced ? I think thanks to that leak even more people will watch the event to see the new things but it would be bad if they won't shown anything new again the disappointment will be even bigger.

The info is race format information of the event...so it will be shown.

If this turns out to be true it will keep my faith again in this game because the last updates were small with no new features only a few cars with a few circuits between months of no new cars or tracks. I still play this game occasionally a few days in the week to do daily laps.

The stage of development should be good enough for Kaz to bring this feature. I think if this affected a lot the game performance, the rain would not happen. But let's see...

When developing a game franchise, the new game is developed on a new branch of the code so as not to cause issues in the current game. However, some new features (especially features that were initially intended for the main branch) get merged back into the original branch.

Remember, the game performs much better at 1080 with no enhancements, so (as with the replays) individual performance may be dependent on your video settings.

It looks smooth to me in 4K.

I think the new tracks may be Nurburgring related. We are missing the VLN layout, the WEC layout and the DTM short track with both chicane versions.

I wonder if PD are getting nickel & dime for each variance, maybe explains the absence of some of these missing layouts on Nurburgring, Suzuka, Catalunya.

I wonder if PD are getting nickel & dime for each variance, maybe explains the absence of some of these missing layouts on Nurburgring, Suzuka, Catalunya.

I'd assume that each contractual agreement would be unique to each course. I'm sure some do get pretty nitpicky demanding multiple payment for each layout where as Willow Springs probably didn't care at all.

This talk about the soundtrack just spurred me on to finding it on Spotify. No Communication and Dream Machine are my favourites.

It looks smooth to me in 4K.

I think the new tracks may be Nurburgring related. We are missing the VLN layout, the WEC layout and the DTM short track with both chicane versions.
Wasn't the WEC race held on the GP, or 'normal' configuration of Nurburgring?

I think that if there's really gonna be wet weather racing they might have some stuff to do. Regarding performance at least.

A field of Mercedes f1 bunched up on some of the, i guess you could call it worst optimized tracks like Blue moon Bay and Kyoto or some other day one tracks with the most demanding condition which in most cases is sunset with long shadows really seems to hurt the frame rate.
And because of the big drop in performance the Anti-aliasing solution seems to disappear, but as soon as it reaches 60 FPS again the image becomes smooth again. But that almost never happens when racing with the Mercedes since it appears to be quite heavy on resources or just badly optimized.

I personally think that if they want to keep some kind of stable performance they might have to lower the maxinum polygon count and perhaps an even more aggresive LOD-scaling for wet weather racing just like they did in GT3.

If you have GT3 you can see this on SSR5 wet with for example an RX-7 where it actually uses an lower LOD model.

Screenshot was taken on a base PS4 with HDR btw.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190618214354.png
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190618214354.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 67
Back