Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Majorwolf72, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

... there will be „rain“ in the next update :confused:

My usual trustworthy source (so actually no rumor...), couldn’t say if it was going to be dynamic or just „wet surface“...

I still believe dynamic isn’t in the cards, so my guess is we‘ll see new tracks (looking at Nations and Manus timetable I expect 2...) with wet surface scenarios.

LeMoRi, Yui-san, J.D and 35 others like this.
  2. CJ1045

CJ1045

Very interesting, thanks

3. Lazybike

Lazybike

Does that mean working wipers?

Qyn and GOTHRETRO like this.
  4. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

wipers work since launch :D only with wheels though

L_Kesan, Qyn, fortbo and 8 others like this.
  5. Haitauer

Haitauer

If they really add wet and since last month was without cars, could it be "spec 2" at this point..:odd:

Latest physics change could also be due to preparations for wet surfaces..

6. Lazybike

Lazybike

Wow..I never knew that, I guess that would be a clue that rain was coming :) I'm definitely doing manufacturers with my wipers on tonight!

Qyn, fortbo, Interstellar9 and 3 others like this.
  7. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

I'll certainly believe this over GTPlanet just randomly picking a track with multiple layouts and creating news out of it.

Qyn, KinLM, Interstellar9 and 6 others like this.
  8. Lazybike

Lazybike

New tracks and rain...result!

Qyn and Lgirasol like this.
  9. GT5Power

GT5Power

EDIT: People have rightfully complained about the leaking of information that was supposed to be revealed at the world tour so I've removed the picture.

Source unknown so this is by no means confirmed to be legitimate (in fact I heavily doubt it), but apparently it's everywhere on Discord right now so I thought I'd post it here.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Qyn, AgentBlackDog, AlanH49 and 10 others like this.
  10. Loverson

Loverson

I certainly wish people would keep for themselfes and wait for the actual event to begin .

11. Lazybike

Lazybike

It's funny that a lot of people moan about heavy tyre wear....and then we get reduced grip but it's ok because it's "wet".

12. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Are you being sarcastic or do you think you have said something incredibly clever?

L_Kesan, Fosterions, Qyn and 13 others like this.
  13. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

Didn’t expect this. Nice surprise if it’s true.

J.D, Qyn, fortbo and 5 others like this.
  14. Lazybike

Lazybike

I'm going for cleverly sarcastic....or....racing in the wet is the same as racing with high tyre wear, I'm not sure.

Qyn and kub_man like this.
  15. ASH32

ASH32

Rain won't work in Sport mode, especially under the current penalty system rules and with ghosting and penalty zones, you won't even see the ghosted cars at some tracks with reduced visibility, it's hard enough now. Moving some penalty zones will help of course, not that I expect this will happen.

However even keeping it on the track to get results won't work when one car misjudges a corner and brakes too late and clips you on the way off track, that'll be a penalty to you even though they were out of control and never making the corner and this will happen a lot on wet tracks, it'll get annoying very quickly indeed.

Qyn, phil_75, Lgirasol and 3 others like this.
  16. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

People hate high tyre wear rates because of multiple reasons, but it isn't because of high tyre wear being equivalent to wet racing.

For cars with different drivetrains (which is very common in Gr.3 and Gr.4, the majority of FIA Races), the tyre wear the cars receive is slightly different. If you multiply the tyre acceleration, then you are multiplying the difference between the cars too. The higher the rate is, the more unbalanced the class becomes, and suddenly the Gr.3 and Gr.4 races are farcical with entire drivetrains of cars being obsolete.

Also, high tyre wear rates punish spins, be it your own spin or being hit off, hugely. Leaving it practically impossible to continue being in the race.

Also, it becomes farcical as drivers are having to pit every 4 laps due to their tyres being dead, even when driving safely. It changes the races from actual racing to just 'who has the best car for tyres'. There are many other reasons too, but it isn't just because of reduced grip, it is due to the unbalanced nature of high acceleration and farcical nature of racing it brings.

Qyn, cleanLX, Project_Crimson and 7 others like this.
  17. TS050

TS050 Premium

I think I speak for everyone where I say;

Finally.

silverman_GT, L_Kesan, fortbo and 6 others like this.
  18. Lazybike

Lazybike

I get that...I was vocal in my criticism of high tyre wear, it spoilt a lot of races, I don't know anything about computer programming, so I'm assuming that the wet will just replicate the feeling of 4 laps on x15 tyre wear, It will not come as a shock if the FF Gr4 cars are slow in the wet.

19. p78

p78

Repechage, you guys know what that means right?

I didn't know GTS picked up players who didn't qualify by a small margin?

Or if it's literal, then it's a rematch

20. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Repechage races have been in the World Tour events for ages now. The opening stage of the live events have a few automatic final qualifiers, and then most of the others go into the Repechage race(s) to decide the last few Final qualifiers

AgentBlackDog, Lord Protector and p78 like this.
  21. dimassa19

dimassa19

I don't like rain... But I confess I would like to do something different in the game. :tup:

KinLM and kub_man like this.
  22. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

Hmmm, Gr.B on wets on BRB... I agree there are things making more sense, then again never rule anything out with PD :lol: (wouldn’t rain on Fisherman‘s Ranch be a blast!!!)

Yeah, we‘ll see, right? My source is very sure of the rain topic, so hey, rain in the repechage at the New York event, why not?

Thanks for posting that, guess in the end we all have to sit tight unless Kaz posts a rain picture or some strange clue :cool:

Oh crap, true, I need a button for wipers then :scared: :lol: It‘s going to be the „look back“ since I found out that I can use the little joystick on the Formula V2 to look around :p

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    AgentBlackDog, Vspectra and sirjim73 like this.
  23. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

My intuition says it's 100 percent true :). I can't wait until next week...

SestoScudo and courageC60 like this.
  24. Schalkehelmi

Schalkehelmi Premium

I just believe it after the update. But it is welcome!

Aero2000 likes this.
  25. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

This is some interesting news/rumor indeed.

But again even with trustworthy sources rumors are rumors....

26. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I hope you can switch it off. I have enough trouble in the dry!

27. dimassa19

dimassa19

:lol::tup:

28. snowgt

snowgt

No, you’re not.

29. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

This should be fun.

Animedeaf likes this.
  30. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I wouldn't expect the update so soon. I think it will be at least a month after the event.

AgentBlackDog likes this.