Rumors once, now confirmed (possible spoiler for next update)

Germany
Bonn
... there will be „rain“ in the next update :confused:

My usual trustworthy source (so actually no rumor...), couldn’t say if it was going to be dynamic or just „wet surface“...

I still believe dynamic isn’t in the cards, so my guess is we‘ll see new tracks (looking at Nations and Manus timetable I expect 2...) with wet surface scenarios.

EDIT: People have rightfully complained about the leaking of information that was supposed to be revealed at the world tour so I've removed the picture.

Source unknown so this is by no means confirmed to be legitimate (in fact I heavily doubt it), but apparently it's everywhere on Discord right now so I thought I'd post it here.

Last edited:
Rain won't work in Sport mode, especially under the current penalty system rules and with ghosting and penalty zones, you won't even see the ghosted cars at some tracks with reduced visibility, it's hard enough now. Moving some penalty zones will help of course, not that I expect this will happen.

However even keeping it on the track to get results won't work when one car misjudges a corner and brakes too late and clips you on the way off track, that'll be a penalty to you even though they were out of control and never making the corner and this will happen a lot on wet tracks, it'll get annoying very quickly indeed.

I'm going for cleverly sarcastic....or....racing in the wet is the same as racing with high tyre wear, I'm not sure.

People hate high tyre wear rates because of multiple reasons, but it isn't because of high tyre wear being equivalent to wet racing.

For cars with different drivetrains (which is very common in Gr.3 and Gr.4, the majority of FIA Races), the tyre wear the cars receive is slightly different. If you multiply the tyre acceleration, then you are multiplying the difference between the cars too. The higher the rate is, the more unbalanced the class becomes, and suddenly the Gr.3 and Gr.4 races are farcical with entire drivetrains of cars being obsolete.

Also, high tyre wear rates punish spins, be it your own spin or being hit off, hugely. Leaving it practically impossible to continue being in the race.

Also, it becomes farcical as drivers are having to pit every 4 laps due to their tyres being dead, even when driving safely. It changes the races from actual racing to just 'who has the best car for tyres'. There are many other reasons too, but it isn't just because of reduced grip, it is due to the unbalanced nature of high acceleration and farcical nature of racing it brings.

I get that...I was vocal in my criticism of high tyre wear, it spoilt a lot of races, I don't know anything about computer programming, so I'm assuming that the wet will just replicate the feeling of 4 laps on x15 tyre wear, It will not come as a shock if the FF Gr4 cars are slow in the wet.

Repechage, you guys know what that means right?

I didn't know GTS picked up players who didn't qualify by a small margin?

Or if it's literal, then it's a rematch

p78
Repechage, you guys know what that means right?

I didn't know GTS picked up players who didn't qualify by a small margin?

Repechage races have been in the World Tour events for ages now. The opening stage of the live events have a few automatic final qualifiers, and then most of the others go into the Repechage race(s) to decide the last few Final qualifiers

Source unknown so this is by no means confirmed to be legitimate (in fact I heavily doubt it), but apparently it's everywhere on Discord right now so I thought I'd post it here.

Hmmm, Gr.B on wets on BRB... I agree there are things making more sense, then again never rule anything out with PD :lol: (wouldn’t rain on Fisherman‘s Ranch be a blast!!!)

Yeah, we‘ll see, right? My source is very sure of the rain topic, so hey, rain in the repechage at the New York event, why not?

Thanks for posting that, guess in the end we all have to sit tight unless Kaz posts a rain picture or some strange clue :cool:

Oh crap, true, I need a button for wipers then :scared: :lol: It‘s going to be the „look back“ since I found out that I can use the little joystick on the Formula V2 to look around :P

Last edited:
Back