Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Stig Farmer
  • 1,362 comments
  • 168,392 views
I read in quite a few places that the graphics are so "2005" , looks like a PS3 game and that it doesn't look pretty. I wonder on what basis people say this :confused:

Maybe the textures leave room for improvement but once again when I look at the Monaco stage it has a fantastic atmosphere.

Speaking specifically about the PS4 version, after playing the demo I'd say 2005 is a bit harsh, but calling it PS3-level is spot on. The only graphical facet of this game that makes it with the times is outputting 1080p instead of 720. Otherwise, I was shocked after playing the demos of this and WRC 5 that both games really haven't taken advantage of the more powerful consoles at all. The framerate is inconsistent, there's loads of screen tearing, and visually it's middle of the road, at best; honestly it's inexcusable for a point A-to-B rally game that only ever needs to render one car on track.
 
I just figured out that vsync was causing my frame rate issues, with it disabled I can run AA and hold a fairly solid 60fps but then the lack of vsync causes some screen tearing. So yeah the only big thing I don't like is the audio, the engine sounds are really bad. The game looks really nice to me, the lighting and detail levels seem better than Dirt Rally which still has the typical codemasters cartoony look to it. This game looks more realistic to me, but it lacks the polish and special effects of Dirt Rally.

mHpOmGm.jpg
 
Finally tried this demo on PS4 with my Fanatec CSW2 and it was awful. Horrendous FFB and no feel whatsoever. Anyone got any on wheel and in game settings they are happy with?
 
Finally tried this demo on PS4 with my Fanatec CSW2 and it was awful. Horrendous FFB and no feel whatsoever. Anyone got any on wheel and in game settings they are happy with?

Wish I could tell you, I couldn't play it with my wheel. The wheel worked, but there was a bug where the brakes were always on. What pedals are you using? I use a CSR and CSP V1s, and nothing I did would stop the game acting like I was always holding the brake pedal on.
 
Ride was pretty poor, if I'm being honest, and this doesn't exactly look great either. Poor visuals, inconsistent performance, and a general feeling of a lack of care and imagination. Another middle of the road, functional title from Milestone.

They used to be cool, a long while back. Does anyone else remember Screamer Rally on PC?
 
Finally tried this demo on PS4 with my Fanatec CSW2 and it was awful. Horrendous FFB and no feel whatsoever. Anyone got any on wheel and in game settings they are happy with?

I have the G920 and with FFB on Max in game and rotation set to auto its fantastic with the wheel.
 
I have the G920 and with FFB on Max in game and rotation set to auto its fantastic with the wheel.

It feels ok on the PC demo with the same setup but it's just terrible on the PS4 version.

Wish I could tell you, I couldn't play it with my wheel. The wheel worked, but there was a bug where the brakes were always on. What pedals are you using? I use a CSR and CSP V1s, and nothing I did would stop the game acting like I was always holding the brake pedal on.

I'm using the CSP v1 with my CSW V2 and didn't have any issues with the wheel being recognised or working correctly.
 
It feels ok on the PC demo with the same setup but it's just terrible on the PS4 version.



I'm using the CSP v1 with my CSW V2 and didn't have any issues with the wheel being recognised or working correctly.
Hey there, just a quick question - how did you get your CSW V2??? I'm also from the UK and cannot find anything??!! I'm happy with my T300 at the moment but just want to keep my options open for the future.
Thanks :lol:

Anyway, about SLR, definitely very impressed, particularly with wheel support and FFB, will pick it up ASAP!!:D
 
Hey there, just a quick question - how did you get your CSW V2??? I'm also from the UK and cannot find anything??!! I'm happy with my T300 at the moment but just want to keep my options open for the future.
Thanks :lol:

Anyway, about SLR, definitely very impressed, particularly with wheel support and FFB, will pick it up ASAP!!:D
You can only order Fanatec equipment from their website.
 
Wish I could tell you, I couldn't play it with my wheel. The wheel worked, but there was a bug where the brakes were always on. What pedals are you using? I use a CSR and CSP V1s, and nothing I did would stop the game acting like I was always holding the brake pedal on.

I had the same issue, to fix it I had go to control options and press F2 twice to start calibrating the wheel.

Theres also the ability to map a gas/brake input, dont map that one, it makes the first half of your gas pedal a brake pedal.

And @JBF77 Be assured they will take your money if you would like to purchase something from Fanatec, they may even have a UK distributor.
 
Wish I could tell you, I couldn't play it with my wheel. The wheel worked, but there was a bug where the brakes were always on....nothing I did would stop the game acting like I was always holding the brake pedal on.

if you go into settings, there should be an option to 'invert' the reading from each pedal ... i have not looked at this, yet, in SLRE, but in other games this is the setting that might cure your ills

my v3 pedals were doing this in assetto corsa(i think) when i first fired it up, and i only had to invert the input signal, in settings

edit- grog's info above may be a better solution than mine, i have not been into loeb rally, yet
 
But it's all in Euros??!!
You can still pay for items in Euros with your debit/credit card. Your bank converts it into pounds and takes that amount from your account.
 
Finally caved and have pre ordered. I'm off work on Thursday so hoping for an early delivery. Really wanted to get access to the old pikes peak gravel course and had some game reward points to spend so thought why not.
 
So still not having found any decent FFB settings on the PS4 version for my CSW v2 I decided to download the demo for the Xbone and what a difference! The CSW v2 with the Xbone hub is fantastic on the Xbone version. Had to turn down the ffb to 30 in game as it was far too strong otherwise. So that's my mind made up, Xbone version it is!
 
I had the same issue, to fix it I had go to control options and press F2 twice to start calibrating the wheel.

Theres also the ability to map a gas/brake input, dont map that one, it makes the first half of your gas pedal a brake pedal.

And @JBF77 Be assured they will take your money if you would like to purchase something from Fanatec, they may even have a UK distributor.

if you go into settings, there should be an option to 'invert' the reading from each pedal ... i have not looked at this, yet, in SLRE, but in other games this is the setting that might cure your ills

my v3 pedals were doing this in assetto corsa(i think) when i first fired it up, and i only had to invert the input signal, in settings

edit- grog's info above may be a better solution than mine, i have not been into loeb rally, yet

Thanks for the tips guys, are you on PC? I didn't notice those settings on the PS4 version, but I may not have looked hard enough, I dunno lol. I'll give it another try tonight and see if I can sort it out. Cheers.
 
The devs have responded to people on their Facebook page who are asking questions about support for other wheels apart from Thrustmaster by saying they will release info on Logitech and Fanatec support 'soon'. The game releases on Friday. I hope soon means tomorrow at the latest.
 
The Fanatec GT3rs works with the demo and surprisingly feels better than the T300, also tried it with the G27 just to see...nope!
 
The Fanatec GT3rs works with the demo and surprisingly feels better than the T300, also tried it with the G27 just to see...nope!

PC or console? My G27 works on PC but none of the new gen console games support it.
 
PC or console? My G27 works on PC but none of the new gen console games support it.

Sorry, PS4. I was trying out all my wheels and just had to see if it would work....I should just sell it as it is just taking up closet space.
 
...and a general feeling of a lack of care and imagination. Another middle of the road, functional title from Milestone...
Imagination? Would you care to elaborate further on that point? If it's track layout and design you are on about, they are based on the real-life stages...not the full length, of course, but actual sections of the real thing.
 
Last edited:
Back