Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

Not really. It's just saying the game is currently in development and is developed by milestone.
Still a bad choice of words though ;) A clearer way would be to say 'under development by...' currently implies that this might not always be the case - sorry, I hate sloppy journalism.

While the 2015 edition of Gamescom – one of the most awaited European videogame event – is opening its doors, Milestonereleases a new video of Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo, scheduled for release on Early 2016 on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC/Steam.

The Gamescom 2015 video includes the following contents:
CARS: Peugeot 208 PP, Citroën DS3 livrea Record, Citroën DS3 livrea Abu Dhabi, Citroën DS3 Livrea Redbull, Citroën C4 Redbull, Citroën Xsara.
TRACKS: Pikes Peak Hill Climb, RX Los Angeles, Finlandia, Australia, Montecarlo, Svezia.

Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO will be on Bandai Namco Entertainment Stage with a series of event for the players. During the LIVE SHOW, for those who attend the Gamescom 2015, will have the chance to see a quick videogame highlights presentation made by Andrea Basilio – Technical Designer – FOR SLRallyEVO, be part of and hands-on session with the developer And have the chance to grab one the amazing Jolly Tank – a real emergency fuel tank – branded Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO.

Milestone?

Well, all you guys can do is live in hope it isn't as wonky as RIDE. 4 months on its still wonky, not even a sign
or rumour of a patch

@VXR will I'm sure vouch for this, as he has RIDE in his collection and has posted pretty much the same concerns

Bright side? I don't go anywhere near rally games so I won't suffer another Milestone kick in the whatsits :lol:

This has been my experience with every Milestone game I have owned. It gets launched with amazing bugs, they do a little to make it slightly better if it's unplayable, or do nothing. The next version of the game will have some of the stuff that was broken in the last game fixed and they will boast about it like it's a feature of the new game.

Major bugs not being fixed can be expected when you by Milestone games, that's just how they roll.

MINI Countryman WRC
1438780074-slre-bmw-mini-01.jpg

1438780081-slre-bmw-mini-02.jpg

Citroën DS3 WRC
1438780126-citroen-ds3-02.jpg

1438780120-citroen-ds3-01.jpg

Citroën Xsara 2003 WRC
1438780147-slre-xsara-01.jpg

1438780153-slre-xsara-02.jpg

Fiat 500

1438780185-slre-500-01.jpg

1438780192-slre-500-02.jpg

As someone who has actually been at the Rally Finland and some national Finnish rallies multiple times, I must say that it looks much closer to what the stages here look like than what I've seen in any other rally game.

Alan seems... almost satisfied with the physics at this point.

As someone who has actually been at the Rally Finland and some national Finnish rallies multiple times, I must say that it looks much closer to what the stages here look like than what I've seen in any other rally game.

Codemasters are probably going to smash this visually when Finland is patched into DiRT Rally...

Codemasters are probably going to smash this visually when Finland is patched into DiRT Rally...
Probably, but I'm not entirely convinced that the Codemasters can get the overall stage feeling as accurate as this. I'd love to be proven wrong about that though.

Very nice visuals, but wow the engine sounds are bad. It's hard to judge the driving physics from those videos as the player is driving extremely slow and cautious through the corners but I didn't see any hint of oversteer at all.

Why on earth have they made Finland mostly tarmac and on the most narrow road possible? Doesn't really fit the event profile that Finland typically has...

...Alan seems... almost satisfied with the physics at this point...
Alan is pretty much always a voice of moderation, which is why I like listening to his rambling reviews. He appreciates that the final release is very likely going to be quite different.

He might not actually be satisfied, but he is willing to wait and see I think. I like that about him, he doesn't approach the games he reviews from the perspective point of people only interested in games that tweak their favourite aspects; he's more of an all rounder that reports on what he finds instead of gaining hits from speculation.

Those tight tracks are going to be murderous, which is I suppose part of the point.

Dirt Rally this,Dirt Rally that... it's not even a competition. This looks considering who's developed it to be ultra impressive. Physics i'm still tad unsure about but this to me is good old school rallying.

Saw this game on Amazon the other day for pre order, if Milestone are making this one, who's making WRC 5, cause I thought it was them? :crazy:

Back