S-10 Car & setup recommendations

• Thread starter The1nonly1
  • 25 comments
The1nonly1
the two pp700s are really hard, i tried with the elise 111r with the quick tune settings from the other post but i cannot catch 3rd. will a different car be better

are these races possible to win in professional? Seems the difficulty is beefed up a fair bit compared to the 680pp races. Tried using the lotus 111r with the settings I used for the 680pp races and the car definitely needs to be re-setup.

You should already have a Mine's GT-R, or if you don't, now it's a good time to buy it. You'll need it anyway and it can clear those races fairly easily.

You should already have a Mine's GT-R, or if you don't, now it's a good time to buy it. You'll need it anyway and it can clear those races fairly easily.

really? even easier than the elise? I havnt saved for my mine's yet but if this is true i will start to save.

In my opinion it's easier. The GT-R may not be as outright fast as the Elise but it can be pushed so much harder through the corners without losing control that it more than makes up for the loss. And as said, you'll need it anyway so it costs nothing to try it out. 👍

I did the 700pp races in the elise, in the elise atleast you'll need to perfect the track to catch the leader and you wont be able to get many penalties and still win.

I have also Mine's GTR, but i can not keep up with p700 cars in Fuji. I will try other settings, but maybe i buy something else also. Mine's car was good match in suzuka at least. I know that Ford GT limited might be ok car for fast fuji.

Are you guys using TC, ABS etc... ?

I'm not trying to pull my own chain or anything but i'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing. I've been playing GT since the first game, using a G25 since it came out and i never use use the TC etc... but the S10 race is killing me.
The mines R34 definitely feels fast enough but catching a 3rd/4th gear slide one handed, whilst changing gears, working the clutch and keeping the car on the track, mistake free for 10 minutes has me at about my limit in terms of skill. I got into 4th today with the tuned Evo 10. It doesn't feel as fast as the R34 but with the DSG i don't have to take my hand off the wheel, play around with the H-gate/clutch or worry about missing a gear at the wrong spot. Still 4th isn't a podium so i've still got work to do.

Anybody got some descent car WITH setup recommendations?
I've been trying for days now with still no luck. I've tried with the lotus r111 tuned, fordt gt test car but somehow i dont make it. Also getting a bit tired of this race with the UNFAIR penalty system. Please post some car & setup recommendations.

thnx

the key to winning this event (and S-7) is patience, good driving and a good car.

I had been struggling to get past last on these two events for about a week and a half but last night I beat both of them.

The car I used was the regular Lotus Elise from the GT Concept Dealer (80,000cr).

Tuning wise I used the same settings for both races

Power: Max
Weight: Minimum
Aero: It gets to about 697 pp at this stage so I just upped each of these enough to fill up the 700.
ABS: 0
Steering Angle: 50
Everything else was left as standard.

I cleared (ie. got to third) s-7 on my first full go without incident. S-10 took about 5 or 6 goes but on my final attempt I was up to 5th by the end of the first lap and once i got to third I just sat there and brought the car home without incident.

My motto for the entire S-class is this:
"In order to finish first (or third..lol), first you have to finish"

So yeh, careful and controlled driving, without trying to be a hero, and the Tuned '96 Lotus Elise and the 700pp races shouldn't be a problem to clear.

FORD GT LM SPEC II TEST CAR

bhp: ...............477.........................................21

weight in kg: ......1141 ......................................98%

Downforce: ........13 ..........................................21

????: .................-5 .........................................-5

Springs: ..................5 ...........................................5

Demper: .............6 ...........................................7

Toe: ...................+0.06.....................................0.00

Camber (-): ..........0.2.......................................0.3

Brakes: ................10.........................................8

Steering angle: .................43

Tractioncontrol : ...............OFF

ABS:..................................1

Final gear:..........................3.360

I use the European version with Dutch menu translations. I don't know how some of settings are called in the English version.

1141kg = 2515.471 pound

I don't think that the settings are good because the car had a lot of understeer, especially at the end when I was pushing hard.

Youtube video follows.

:)

Amuse S2000, it's a good match once you change the gear ratio, that's the only thing I changed to come in at 3rd place after 3 or 4 races. Setting a shorter gear ratio makes you able to keep up with the pack and with the S2000 you can outbreak all the others easily. So a little more finetuning should make the car a winner on this event.

this was a tough one, plenty of times going well and then stuff up 3-4 laps down.

finally did it with 07 gtr, standard physics, driving force pro and changing only the following

power +37
weight 99

ride height -10 both
final gear ratio 4.160

for me the gear ratio was the key and the fact you can throw the gtr around

personally, i would recommend the Amuse S2000. a +0.38 toe-in on the front wheels deffo helps with the cornering to.

I can't drive the T-111R, nor the GT-LM, they snap around WAY too easy (using the G25).

I struggled with the T-Vette, and Amuse at Fuji, couldn't get better than 6th. I tried the Mine's and I got 3rd. Gear tweaking is a must. The gearing at Suzi is different from Fuji.

One of the things that helped with the Mine's is setting the toe out (-3 to -5) in front and back slightly. It helped the car to rotate and turn quicker.

I'm having trouble with this event. I would like to know, all the people who've got Gold: Standard or Pro? (I'm not interested in Standard...)

Mines skyline...just make sure that a FORD GT or AMUSE GT1 is not in the top 5 positions and you should be albe to win

Changing to a different car line-up can give you a 12-13 second advantage, not only just between the line-ups themselves, but some line-ups are finishing 1-2-3 within 1 second, while others vary by the maximum amount without changing S-10 line-ups.

Pick your own battles.

(edit) Cleared S-10 with a gold time on my 3rd attempt tonight. The only thing that did it for me was changing the total car line-up. A couple of slow Art Morrison bob&weave Vettes made this the slowest of any S-10 in my records (human or AI), at 10'57.540. I had other starting grids with two AM Vettes, but they didn't always slow the field of cars enough - this one did. In all of my other attempts, I couldn't come close to this kind of time, I wasn't even a contender.

So, to repeat, if you are struggling for a win, change the line-up of AI cars until you find a "good" one.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Changing to a different car line-up can give you a 12-13 second advantage, not only just between the line-ups themselves, but some line-ups are finishing 1-2-3 within 1 second, while others vary by the maximum amount without changing S-10 line-ups.

Pick your own battles.

(edit) Cleared S-10 with a gold time on my 3rd attempt tonight. The only thing that did it for me was changing the total car line-up. A couple of slow Art Morrison bob&weave Vettes made this the slowest of any S-10 in my records (human or AI), at 10'57.540. I had other starting grids with two AM Vettes, but they didn't always slow the field of cars enough - this one did. In all of my other attempts, I couldn't come close to this kind of time, I wasn't even a contender.

So, to repeat, if you are struggling for a win, change the line-up of AI cars until you find a "good" one.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Are you talking about Professional mode?

I gave up trying to clear it on Professional & was able to get Silver on my second attempt on Standard & Gold after a couple more tries - a very different level of difficulty from Professional. I think you're right, that trying a variety of different grids maybe key to doing well on Professional.

Back