S-7 + S-10 problems

had some troubles finishing S-7 and S-10 until i bought the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car that someone recommended here on the board. after around 30 minutes i finished both at 1st place :P couldn't get any better than rank 6 before i tried it with my other cars.

my settings:
AT, standard physics, everything other "off"
QT: 425PS (-31), 990kg (85%), TCS: off, ABS: 1
the good acceleration did the trick for me..

i'm no pro, so don't bash me :P thought it could be useful for some ppl

Thanks, these settings made the car into a real beast.. haven't finished it yet but tested it out just now, got up to 4th place before i spun out due to moronic driving(full throttle+Ford GT+Corner = :( ), but 4th place right after number 3 with a full lap to go is way better than I used to finish in the GT-R '07 at 7th place.

I finished S10 with LM in 4th place. pro mode, No aids and ABS was 0. man that was really great.
with ABS=1 it should be cheesy :)

I finished all the Tuned car races with a Lotus Elise 111R tuned car. The thing is a monster for its size. I had the car cornering faster than anything else on the track and it reaches 195mph with ease when drafting.

yea, the settings seem to work pretty good with all cars.
i'm trying to get Cr. 2.000.000 for the F1 2007 atm :P
A-8 with the F430, same settings as above. easy 20.000/~2mins.

I finished all the Tuned car races with a Lotus Elise 111R tuned car. The thing is a monster for its size. I had the car cornering faster than anything else on the track and it reaches 195mph with ease when drafting.

I made the decision to buy the tuned Clio to do those races ... BIG mistake! that thing is mental with pro physics! :crazy:

does it seem you need to run standard physics to win the s class races? I've golded all of c,b,a bar time trials on pro physics but instant I just tried to use the r35 in s1 it looks as if I will be lucky to pass more than 2-3 cars whole race.

The tuned Elise 111R is the car I use for S class, it may lack a little on the straights but through the corners it can't be beat. Was struggling with S10 (getting 3rd every time) but using the elise I was in third by the end of the first lap!

I was in second place at the end of lap 1 in mission S-10, but after five laps the leading car was 27 seconds in front of me. That's just insane. How am I supposed to get Gold?

The tuned Elise 111R is the car I use for S class, it may lack a little on the straights but through the corners it can't be beat. Was struggling with S10 (getting 3rd every time) but using the elise I was in third by the end of the first lap!

This is true, its a brilliant little car, a must buy for everyone. And after a little tampering with the gear ratios its not too bad down the straight. I got 2nd with it on S-10, I was in first after the final corner but the Ford GT LM past me on the straight with only a few hundred metres to go, a penalty on the previous lap cost me the win. :indiff:

I used this on S10 after coming nowhere in anything else. I took the lead and kept pulling away until the flag. I can't believe how good this car is!

Yeah a little tinkering with the gear ratios helps, but I find that the other cars (namely the GT40) trounce it on the straights unless you catch a sweet slipstream. The car is all about the corners, faster than anything I've tried yet. Till I get the F1 lol.
@RouWa: I have a replay saved of S10 with me in the tuned elise I can email it if you want??? I did mess up a couple of turns etc but I was still getting used to the car.

Don't know off the top of my head, will have a look when the misses is done with the TV :(

Edit: Didn't change anything the first time I won the race other than setting the weight all the way down, the power all the way up and downforce set to 10 and 20 which if I remember gave it 700PPs

I bought the Mines GTR for the Mines Daytona race then used that for all but the first Tuned car event, first 630PP tuned car event on Highspeed ring I used a road going Z06.

I hate S10, I'm doing 2:08 and best I get is 5th, I'm sixth after 2 laps but the others have such a huge lead its impossible to catch up.
I passed all other races with gold and some silver, but I cant do this one bah.

I used Soulessvessel's Amuse setup excepting changed the FINAL gear ratio to make it a 6 speed gearbox to Gold S-7. I golded S-10 with the Ford GT LM car. Settings for both cars are in the Tuning section.

I have the car That can do it, the thing is that I still have to get used to the trafic and the changes of the trafic.. just got 3rd but then got to hot in the head and spun on chicane :-)
I will get it one day.

I'm reading all these "oh yay 1st 3secs into the race" posts and am sitting here wondering standard or pro?

I just used the amuse s2000 with the settings from soulvessel (apologies if typoed) and it is a nice little machine to drive so thanks for that....but....and it is a huge but...im driving pro physics with aids all turned off and cant do better than 10th....10th then back down to 15th....hell...even some old geezer in his nissan sunny 1.2 cherry overtook me down the straight! :nervous:

So are we all on standard or pro settings? :dunce:

please dont say pro.....that would mean I truely suck :scared:

I found that if you use the Amuse Honda S2000 GT1 Turbo, that does the trick. Its not a fast as the GT-40 but it has its advantages in the corners and the straights if tuned properly. Its not as good thru the corners as the Elise 111R, but is a lot faster on the straights.

I tell you its a craps shoots until the end of that race (S10). Boy oh boy do you have to hit your marks..!!

There is no way I could beat that on pro physics! I already spend 3 hours trying to do it just right on standard! I would need a racing wheel to be able to beat it on pro settings..the R2 trigger is just too sensitve for the throttle...You know in those cases were you need to use 15-20% gas in the corners..The controller just can't do it.

So are we all on standard or pro settings? :dunce:
After finishing S2 and S3 on pro, I gave in and just blitzed through the rest on standard physics. Even on standard, S7 and S10 can be quite challenging.

I plan on going back and finishing all the events on pro, but that'll require some careful tuning and near perfect execution.

:)

Phew! thanks for the replies....man was I having a major bout of "wtf? wtf? wtf? impossible! wtf? <sulk> not playing anymore, silly stupid game!" last night...now I'm kinda settled again and it seems likely (as said above) that pro is the "go back and try it again" now you've done it in standard, but, be ready to eat humble pie :)

Shall soldier on later.

Latest Posts

Back