S10 S7 and other S-Class Tunes *Mines PRO tune added*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 366 comments
I meant, as in race advice, i'm using the tune :D

Having not gotten Gold on this, nor driven the F40 in over a month ... I'm not sure how much help I can be.

Other than, you can trust (mostly) the AI to give you room. As in, don't be afraid to make an outside pass in the esses, assuming you can alter your line that much yourself.

Ok, just dropped it down to standard and i can bronze it easily, its just doing it in pro now

decided swallow my pride a little and actually learn to drive properly and quickly in standard first :)

Ok Golded S10 now with the Tuned Vette'

however their was no Black Mask GTR, so i took the lead at about lap 3, then just had to keep the Ford GT LM off me.

still can't break the 2'00 Barrier

Last edited:
Ok, just dropped it down to standard and i can bronze it easily, its just doing it in pro now

decided swallow my pride a little and actually learn to drive properly and quickly in standard first :)

Ok Golded S10 now with the Tuned Vette'

however their was no Black Mask GTR, so i took the lead at about lap 3, then just had to keep the Ford GT LM off me.

still can't break the 2'00 Barrier

Took me ALOT of practice (gawd knows how many laps) to get under 2'00 in pro. But when I put together a good run I will take the lead on lap 3 and then I just have to hold off the "fast" AI car for 2 laps. It's actually a helluva lot of fun.

I still won't attempt S6 in pro. I despise those pass-em-all challenges and I don't like the F40 on S3 tires at all. Hard enough to gold in std.

I love your tunes they are the BOMB. Can you offer suggestions for avoising the ramming penalties? I am trying to go very fast to get to 3rd but I cannot avoid the penalties especially when the cars stop in front of you to cause them.

I love your tunes they are the BOMB. Can you offer suggestions for avoising the ramming penalties? I am trying to go very fast to get to 3rd but I cannot avoid the penalties especially when the cars stop in front of you to cause them.

You won't get a ramming penalty if you get your nose inside the AI car going into the turn. The AI cars brake early so you can't be directly behind them. So set yourself up so that you can get your nose inside. When they brake you go right by.

ARGHHHHHH

why does the tuned vette fly past my tuned vette on the straight :(

As far as I can tell the AI vette has more power. Plus the draft.

So move off line to break the draft and don't be afraid to use a block if you need to.

Shall do :)

still on the huge learning curve, so still not posting sub 1'40s on fuji yet but should get there when i start to nail the chicanes and esses properley.

thanks for taking the time and thanks for answering the questions

I finished 8 of the 10 S class races because of you.
Thanks

I am done with GT5 because the penalties are stupid and excessive.
It was fun while it lasted but PD ruined it for me with the penalties. All the fun is gone. My life is too short to be stressed out all the time worried about bumping or being rammed into. it just is not worth it.

thanks though your tunes were awesome.

In the S class events list I only have the S5 and S6 events left to change from silver to gold. That F40 is great, but just very difficult to master. Any hints how to set it up or progress thru the race to beat that final 599? Thanks 👍

In the S class events list I only have the S5 and S6 events left to change from silver to gold. That F40 is great, but just very difficult to master. Any hints how to set it up or progress thru the race to beat that final 599? Thanks 👍

I'm not sure which race you're referring to. The final car in S6 is the Black Mask. I don't remember what car is leading S5 (I don't think it's always the same car).

The 599 is a beast on the straight but not as good in the turns, so the turns is where you have to beat him. Just remember that when you get past don't let him draft you on the straight cause he'll blow right by.

For S6 do a search of the forums. There are many posts about how to beat it.

Does this S6 setup work for pro physics?

And is a 1:40.xxx on S7 using the pro tuned vette a decent time?

I've never tried S6 on pro. I don't intend to.

I don't recall what lap times I was getting with the vette at Fuji. I do know that I took the lead on lap 3 using my tune.

I just used your settings for the Tuned Vette and after making my own minor adjustments, I bronzed it. Can't believe how aggressive you have to be in this last race. Wow! What a blast.

Thanks again s2k2k3.

I'm thinking of buying me the G-25 today... 180€
Or did anyone buy a cheaper one thats good too?

I have the Driving Force GT and I love it. Do a search here on Driving Force or dfgt and you'll find lots of positive feedback.

The DFGT is a great wheel, but not so great in the pedal department from what I've heard. I have a G25 and I think it's a better overall package.

I've never tried S6 on pro. I don't intend to.

I don't recall what lap times I was getting with the vette at Fuji. I do know that I took the lead on lap 3 using my tune.

Oh man, you must have been flying. I can get up to around 5-8 during lap 3, depending on the grid I get. I've been using your vette tune you linked in that other thread I made. The problem is the Amuse gets into the lead around lap 3, and I can't catch it. Could you post a video of you doing S7? Might help me figure out where I'm slow.

Last edited:
I just moved and my ps is still packed. It may be a while before I get around to playing again.

It really helps if you get a starting lineup with the S2000s, Vettes, and GTLMs not starting first or second. If any of those gets out front on lap 1 you’re never gonna catch him. But if they get held up by a Blitz or Mines you can pass them in traffic.

I'm not sure but I may have adjusted the aero balance a little more to the front to keep from pushing in turn 3. Go to the inside and brake late for the chicane. You pass alot of cars there. The entrance to the straightaway is critical. You have to swing wide and carry as much speed as possible. Use the draft on the straight, but don't let the AI cars draft past you. And don’t be in front of a GTLM at the end of the straight cause he’ll punt you off.

I just moved and my ps is still packed. It may be a while before I get around to playing again.

It really helps if you get a starting lineup with the S2000s, Vettes, and GTLMs not starting first or second. If any of those gets out front on lap 1 you’re never gonna catch him. But if they get held up by a Blitz or Mines you can pass them in traffic.

I'm not sure but I may have adjusted the aero balance a little more to the front to keep from pushing in turn 3. Go to the inside and brake late for the chicane. You pass alot of cars there. The entrance to the straightaway is critical. You have to swing wide and carry as much speed as possible. Use the draft on the straight, but don't let the AI cars draft past you. And don’t be in front of a GTLM at the end of the straight cause he’ll punt you off.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try later today 👍

For the S10 race, is the Viper or Corvette better using Automatic and Normal physics? And I take it ASM should be turned off, right?

For S10 the easiest way, use the Vette auto tune with std physics. That car practically drives itself. Taking the lead on lap 2 is easy once you get your rhythm down.

ASM should always be turned off. Every race. Every time.

Ok thanks. Tested out the Corvette with those settings on Suzuka. I love it. Drives so smoothly. I think I'll be able to finally beat S10 now :D

Hey, I finally golded S7! I actually changed a few settings on your vette, made it a little easier to corner and made 2nd gear accelerate faster. These are the changes I made:

Power: -12
Weight: 89%
Rear downforce: 26
Rear toe: .3
TCS: 1
2nd gear: 1.715

Everything else was the same as your original tune. I think my best lap was a 1:39.3 but I could probably get that down to a high 1:38 with no traffic.

Hey, I finally golded S7! I actually changed a few settings on your vette, made it a little easier to corner and made 2nd gear accelerate faster. These are the changes I made:

Power: -12
Weight: 89%
Rear downforce: 26
Rear toe: .3
TCS: 1
2nd gear: 1.715

Everything else was the same as your original tune. I think my best lap was a 1:39.3 but I could probably get that down to a high 1:38 with no traffic.

Well the gear ratios and aero were set for Suzuka (S10) so not surprising that a tweak would help at Fuji.

Back