S5000 SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 144 comments
Last edited:
A Tasman Series that doesn't cross the Tasman? Pffft, what a joke! That's as good as the one about an Australian Championship that only runs in three states.

Lift your game ARG!

Couple of very high speed offs at turn 1, Herne very lucky the car didn’t dig and roll.

As spectacular as it will be, I do really worry about these cars at Bathurst. Accidents over the top of the mountain could be horrific.

I’m honestly very nervous for this Qualy session, I just really hope everyone stays safe
Pretty uneventful session really, but the times tumbling was good to watch, especially with the 1.59 from Aaron Cameron in the dying stages. The race is what I'm more worried about with these things. After seeing them at The Bend, and with how aero dependant they are, I wouldn't like to be in a train of them. Understeer would be horrific for anyone not in clear air (it was very noticeable watching them live).

I wonder what they would've done without the 85hp cut? :crazy:

I wonder what they would've done without the 85hp cut? :crazy:
The idea is giving me flashbacks to either V8 Supercars 2 or 3, where Mt. Panorama was so poorly modelled, you would get airborne going over the crests entering Reid Park and McPhillamy.

The idea is giving me flashbacks to either V8 Supercars 2 or 3, where Mt. Panorama was so poorly modelled, you would get airborne going over the crests entering Reid Park and McPhillamy.
Ah yes, the good ol' days of V8 Supercars. I can't remember which one it was but the Adelaide track was so bad you could go through the Senna Chicane flat out... even with low aero. :lol:

Ah yes, the good ol' days of V8 Supercars. I can't remember which one it was but the Adelaide track was so bad you could go through the Senna Chicane flat out... even with low aero. :lol:
I remember that being possible in both 2 and 3. The steering response in those games was pretty much the most ridiculous that I've ever felt. I think it was only in 3 that you could jump a Supercar or DTM car, though.

2022 S5000 Australian Drivers’ Championship

1. Symmons Plains Raceway (Race Tasmania) February 11-13
  2. Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit (Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships) March 18-20
  3. Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit (Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix) April 7-10
  4. TBC (NSW) May 2022
  5. Hidden Valley Raceway (Merlin Darwin Triple Crown) June 17-19
  6. Sandown Motor Raceway (Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships) September 16-18
2022 S5000 Tasman Series

1. Surfers Paradise Street Circuit (Boost Mobile Gold Coast 500) October 29-30
  2. Mount Panorama, Bathurst (Supercheap Auto Bathurst International) November 11-13
  3. Sydney Motorsport Park (Supercars Championship) November 18-20

Back