Safoo ~GT Sport Gallery~

• Thread starter Safoo
  • 146 comments
I'm more than liking the composition in the first shot - along with the contrast created by the warm and cold tones. Both the sense of motion and exposure are spot on.

With regards to the second photo, I'm a fan of the black-and-white look, but at the same time feel like the slight overexposure takes away from the smooth silhouette of the car (this is due to the glass engine cover). On the other hand, the sense of motion is - again - spot on.

Last but definitely not least, we have the SRT Tomahawk. The thing I like the most about this shot are the smooth colour transitions (no colour banding) and the toning. While the car somewhat looks like it's floating (due to the camera angle), I'm fond of the lighting because it accentuates the form of the car very well. 👍

NP
I'm more than liking the composition in the first shot - along with the contrast created by the warm and cold tones. Both the sense of motion and exposure are spot on.

With regards to the second photo, I'm a fan of the black-and-white look, but at the same time feel like the slight overexposure takes away from the smooth silhouette of the car (this is due to the glass engine cover). On the other hand, the sense of motion is - again - spot on.

Last but definitely not least, we have the SRT Tomahawk. The thing I like the most about this shot are the smooth colour transitions (no colour banding) and the toning. While the car somewhat looks like it's floating (due to the camera angle), I'm fond of the lighting because it accentuates the form of the car very well. 👍

Hey @NP I should start calling you "eagle eye" ;)

Your observations and comments make me take notice of things I hadn't even thought about.
I did over expose the B&W pic on purpose but hadn't noticed the break up in the rear of the car's silhouette...
The SRT was a quick pose and shoot , no filters applied, just adjustments to the shutter speed, I should have spent more time fiddling with it tbh, but I thought it worked well enough untouched. It has a "sexy" look to it the rear of that car ;) Glad you liked it :cheers:

The 1st one of the 911 was meant to have a bit of a comic book feel to it... and I did a lot of fiddling to get the colours the way I wanted them :)

I have to say that I am a really big fan of the scape mode, ... the shots do tend to look almost too good at times right out of the box... (see below for an example)...I had taken this shot by accident, hit the wrong button, but even without adjustments or set up I think the shot came out o.k. At times you can't help but take a good looking shot ...but the amount of creative options is absolutely wonderful, moods and feelings can change instantly with a bit of experimenting with different settings and filters.

Again, really glad that some of the shots caught your eye 👍... and yes... I'm keeping notes ;):cheers:

https://flic.kr/p/21LZ8R1

Not sure if that would be appropriate - I don't do anything special. :lol: But I more than appreciate the feedback you gave me... On my own feedback. :cheers:

In any case, that Porsche shot looks nothing like an "accidental" one. I really like the cold/warm contrast created by the sky (very smooth transition - no colour banding whatsoever) and the fog, which creates a separation between the fore- and background (in addition to the phenomenal depth of field).

And then we have the car in yellow (the complimentary colour of blue), which stays sharp in focus without feeling out of place. The snow texture itself looks realistic and further accentuates the car.

Last but definitely not least, the sun flare is exactly where it's supposed to be and underlines the depth of the photo. As you said, this one looks way too good and shows how powerful the scape mode really is. 👍

NP
Not sure if that would be appropriate - I don't do anything special. :lol: But I more than appreciate the feedback you gave me... On my own feedback. :cheers:

In any case, that Porsche shot looks nothing like an "accidental" one. I really like the cold/warm contrast created by the sky (very smooth transition - no colour banding whatsoever) and the fog, which creates a separation between the fore- and background (in addition to the phenomenal depth of field).

And then we have the car in yellow (the complimentary colour of blue), which stays sharp in focus without feeling out of place. The snow texture itself looks realistic and further accentuates the car.

Last but definitely not least, the sun flare is exactly where it's supposed to be and underlines the depth of the photo. As you said, this one looks way too good and shows how powerful the scape mode really is. 👍

Thx again for the observations! :cheers:They really are quite appreciated.👍

Your spot on with mentioning the power of scape mode... Hats off to the people behind the scenes... :bowdown:

Wow, I really like the warm tones in the first shot, because they work extremely well in combination with the sharp lines and panels of the car, which are also accentuated by the lighting. I do prefer the composition of the last shot, though.

Furthermore, I absolutely love the way the sense of motion is portrayed in shots #3 to #6. Both toning and lighting are spot on in these and the focal length makes the car stand out every single time. 👍

Shots #2, #3 and #7 look stunning and are definitely my favourite ones out of the bunch. You did a fantastic job on those liveries, as well! 👍

NP
Shots #2, #3 and #7 look stunning and are definitely my favourite ones out of the bunch. You did a fantastic job on those liveries, as well! 👍
Thx a lot @NP, I have been busy populating my Black and whites garage... Have a goal of doing all the gr3 cars... should keep me out of trouble for a while... ;)

Love the artistic feel that some of the shots you've posted carry. My personal favourites are shots #3 and #9. :)

Thanks for inspiring me @Safoo. I was a little bit stuck now i got new ideas thanks to your photo's. But man your photo's are so crisp. Mine are sometimes a little rough and i can't get it any smoother. How can i find your gallery on gts?

Thanks for inspiring me @Safoo. I was a little bit stuck now i got new ideas thanks to your photo's. But man your photo's are so crisp. Mine are sometimes a little rough and i can't get it any smoother. How can i find your gallery on gts?

Wow! Thx man, really glad you found some inspiration looking through my shots:cheers:
The majority of my shots are on my flickr account that I use to feed the forum posts here.

My PSN is: Safoo71

Also search for "police" in the livery section in discover in GTS,... I've done a bunch of GR.3 black & white themed police cars, not the default pace cars,.. although I have to try them as well! You should be able to click on my profile and go from there. I don't share too many shots on GTS though...

Cheers:)

NP
Love the artistic feel that some of the shots you've posted carry. My personal favourites are shots #3 and #9. :)

Thx again @NP !:cheers: Artistic... I like the sounds of that ;)

Creativity is a fickle partner... at times she just gets up and walks out on you for no apparent reason, thx for the positive comments... they help keep her around ;)

Nice job on the latest shots, @Safoo. There are a couple that I really like.

First of all, the composition in shot #1 is spot on - the zoomed-out look works very well here. Depth of field could've been better - I'm missing a separation between the car and background.

The idea behind the second photo is excellent and the toning is spot on, as well, but I'm not sure if you've chosen the best camera position in combination with that specific point of focus.

My favourite shot has to be the fifth one, though. What I like most about it is the exposure, lighting and sharpness. You created a great distinction between the fore- and background by using the latter in order to accentuate the silhouette of the car. 👍

The latest set of photos looks incredibly clean and crisp. My favourites have to be shots #3 (I really like the minimalistic approach here), #5 (you did a great job at capturing the depth of field, which is quite difficult to do with black-and-white photos) and #6 (very clean background blur, the blurred lights add to the sense of motion and lighting and shadowing are spot on). 👍

Really like the take on the livery in the first shot and the toning and lighting in the fourth one. 👍

Back