SAi's Drift Diary *UPDATED Jan20/12* *Drift Kings of 86*

• Thread starter HKSD1
  • 91 comments
Canada
Toronto
SAi-66
This will be the a time line of my drifting progress in GT5, hope you guys will enjoy watching my development

Jan 20. 2012
A perfect tandem run from Team Burst x SAIKO^D SAi and Team DTOD x SAIKO^D tkwei

Jan 19. 2012
Drift Matsuri with Team Burst and Team Drop5

Aug 31. 2011
I had always been against to drift with american cars, but today i finally gave it.

Aug 17. 2011
It's been a while since I've posted any updates, but last night me and kaizer from team SAIKO^D were doing some great runs. enjoy

Feb 14. 2011
Managed a near perfect run in GTP H2H Round 2 Qualify.

Feb 8. 2011
Battle between ~Matsuri Missiles~ SAi vs ~Matsuri Missiles~ SKR-Kaizer in the Makeshift Drift Competition. It was a great battle but my mate made it out to the top! Great Performance Kaizer!

Feb 2. 2011
With H2H Round 2 closing in day by day, i made this video and hope in settling the heated debate with the popular indy road course layout. As usual I'm using my favourite BTR and specifically up tuned to 565hp for best corner linking results.

Jan 24. 2011
Due to popular request, i had finally decided to challenge the green hell.....unfortunately the green hell owns me.......i could hardly call this a perfect run

Jan 7. 2011
fooling around with some crazy coloring as well as trying out an extreme drift entry

Jan 2. 2011
A small update with a demonstration in drifting between Sports Hard and Comfort Hard

Dec 17. 2010
Shout out to my nigerian friend from the other side of the world in sponsoring this HD video recorder for all the upcoming videos

here are some drifting practice featuring SKL-Kaizer and jross427

Dec 13. 2010
I had believe I've found my soulmate in GT5 Drifting, my beloved RUF BTR, and here are the results when we mated together.
Once again thanks to my boy Rivers for offering his time and effort in recording this replay!

Dec 11. 2010
An update that I did not plan to make......but just so that i got in to a debate in the following thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137281&page=6, which involves me in making a video demonstration so i'll add it here as well. you guys should be bored of this cape ring north by now lol....oh and this time it's not HD

Dec 7. 2010
Courtesy of Rivers, he offered his time to film a HD drift replay in HD for me with my C63, biggest thanks to you bro! Although it's the same combination of the same car and track as my last vid but dont be fooled they are not the same runs!! Do expect a better performance from both video and driver quality! enjoy!

Another thing is I had also completed my cockpit with the triple monitor mount attached, although it has no effect for gt5 but it's still a very nice piece to have for other pc simulations such as iracing/rfactor/lfs
dvc00062.jpg

Dec 6. 2010
After watching a japanese dude who drifted the viper through cape ring north, i decided to have my go at it. it's not quite as refined as the other guy but i didn't bother spending too much time on this
and here are the results

Nov 30. 2010
This my version of Top Gear BMW Special ^_^ (also filming with slightly better equipment this time)

another one from my new 700HP BMW M5

Nov 28. 2010
Proud to showcase my first GT5 Online Twin Drifting Video! Drifting in GT5 just got a whole lot better!

Nov 27. 2010
here are few more tries since the first attempt done on nov 25th... a little more progress but still trying to score that perfect line

and for those who wonder what kind of equipments i am running with here ya go!

dvc000440.jpg

Nov 25. 2010
my first attempt in drifting gt5, still a little wobbly but slowly getting the hang of it........also hopefully next time around i'll record in better quality

Last edited:
Im about to watch all of these. Lookin forward to it :D

Edit: Nice drifting, ive been wanting to see a tandem video and now im satisfied. I can finally slep at night. Cant wait to see more!

Last edited:
yeah man comparing your g25 to my dfgt, i'm really sad. looks like it works way better.

what's your psn? add me up dude, let's get on some tandem! psn - tehluckinator

and what are you using for ebrake? i'm hella dying without one. thinking of making my brake bias towards the rear haha.

Which wheel is that? It's not G25. I mean the pedals and shifter look like G25, but have you modded/replaced the wheel itself?

And how do you spin it several times with just one arm movement? That's not possible with my G25, at least not with force feedback on.

Which wheel is that? It's not G25. I mean the pedals and shifter look like G25, but have you modded/replaced the wheel itself?

And how do you spin it several times with just one arm movement? That's not possible with my G25, at least not with force feedback on.

I thinkit is a G25, but he has modded the wheel and put an aftermarket Nardi wheel on it and it looks awsome! nice drifting aswell man

yeah man comparing your g25 to my dfgt, i'm really sad. looks like it works way better.

what's your psn? add me up dude, let's get on some tandem! psn - tehluckinator

and what are you using for ebrake? i'm hella dying without one. thinking of making my brake bias towards the rear haha.

im using all the default buttons, all i changed in the settings is set the wheel setting from amateur to simulation.

Sick vids... Any chance of you sharing that z34 tune/setup?

tuned to about 430hp with stock setting upgraded lsd and lowered customized suspensions with -2.0 camber front and back.

this is a generic setting i use mostly for my cars

awesome work.. as much as I use to drift in gt3 and gt4 with the controller I got out of it a bit in gt5p. I started putting in the time with my g25 on gt5... its coming slowly. I just cant adjust the FFB and I would like to relocate my e-brake to right button on the wheel... no option for that though.

I don't use it much.. just feint, shift lock, lift off etc

I have rolled my hand from the shifter to the O a few times....

sick setup, im wanting to get a g27 or g25 but im broke :( spent all my money on a car (05 STi, which i LOVE)
nice drifting too, but super envious of the setup.
how does running 3 displays on the ps3 work?

i picked up the game on the 25th, and i never owned gt5 prologue......so i guess ever since the 25th??

Hawt...damn yea there is no way I'll be able to keep up with you. :guilty:

My offer still stands just let me know when you are ready :sly:

Back