Same cars over and over and over and over

• Thread starter nocdevon
  • 87 comments
I like the lack of tuning. I want to plug in and race.

There's no real afterthought in your statement.
If PD would open up tuning again, it wouldn't hurt you in any way! You can still plug and play, noone forces you to tune your car. But for those who want, because some cars drive crappy with random setups, it would be a huge help.
It simply wouldn't hurt the casual lazy racer in any way!

I guess BoP will always be a problem.
In real world racing, from GTE/GTLM, to GT3/GTD, GT4 or TCR, there is always some constructors complaining about some cars being heavily penalized and other flying.
Notably in Blancpain, some seasons we could see the front field being majorly Audi or Mercs, depending on BoP, last season it wasn't so evident as there weren't many Lambos on the field.
So GT emulates well the real world, I guess.

There main issues, I guess, isn't some cars being blindly faster than the rest of the field, on the hands of the best drivers, but some cars (cof cof, Beetle Gr.3, Megane Gr.4, Scirocco Gr.4) seem to allow some drivers very prone to errors on the low tiers to be some kind of consistent, as other rivals with "down to earth" cars struggle when they make mistakes (as they should)

I would like to see in the real world a racing front-wheel drive literally destroying a race car based on a really sporty model Yesterday at Mount Panorama I drove a F type jaguar and I saw the mega-wheels stripping Lamborghini, Ferrari and my own jaguar at over 20km / h on the straight while keeping identical (if not superior) agility in the mixed section because those cars definitely helped by the pad drift in the curve
In other tracks rules the beetle....

In my honesty I like to drive my favourite car... not THE favourite car

I guess BoP will always be a problem.
In real world racing, from GTE/GTLM, to GT3/GTD, GT4 or TCR, there is always some constructors complaining about some cars being heavily penalized and other flying.
Notably in Blancpain, some seasons we could see the front field being majorly Audi or Mercs, depending on BoP, last season it wasn't so evident as there weren't many Lambos on the field.
So GT emulates well the real world, I guess.

There main issues, I guess, isn't some cars being blindly faster than the rest of the field, on the hands of the best drivers, but some cars (cof cof, Beetle Gr.3, Megane Gr.4, Scirocco Gr.4) seem to allow some drivers very prone to errors on the low tiers to be some kind of consistent, as other rivals with "down to earth" cars struggle when they make mistakes (as they should)
I understand that, but you can’t compare real life BoP with a videogame that tries to simulate that mechanic. All you have to do in GTS is press a button and the car has less power/more weight, we could be able of fixing BoP in a day. It’s been a week since Megane/Scirocco have become rockets and still PD hasn’t done anything.

If PD would open up tuning again, it wouldn't hurt you in any way! You can still plug and play, noone forces you to tune your car. But for those who want, because some cars drive crappy with random setups, it would be a huge help.
Of course it hurts people who don’t want to tune their cars. By tuning, cars get faster, therefore you’re at a severe disadvantage, if you don’t do it.

If the advantages to be gained were only minor or just improving how the car feels, that would be ok, but in GTS a setup sometimes improves lap times by several seconds. Plus, it kills the BoP, as performance gains vary by car.

Regarding separate races with tuning allowed or prohibited, I would be all for it, but I suspect there’s not enough people playing, so PD probably wouldn’t want to fragment their player base any further.

Of course it hurts people who don’t want to tune their cars. By tuning, cars get faster, therefore you’re at a severe disadvantage, if you don’t do it.

If the advantages to be gained were only minor or just improving how the car feels, that would be ok, but in GTS a setup sometimes improves lap times by several seconds. Plus, it kills the BoP, as performance gains vary by car.

Regarding separate races with tuning allowed or prohibited, I would be all for it, but I suspect there’s not enough people playing, so PD probably wouldn’t want to fragment their player base any further.

But that's part of racing!
If you're not willing to setup your ride, you're going to suffer....sooner or later. And I'm sure the people moaning about how long it takes to tune a car are spending hours in the livery editor. Tuning takes minutes and is a good way to learn about your car.

What PD could do though, is open up the settings for ride height, differential and chamber settings, while leaving gear setups and mileage tune locked.

I understand that, but you can’t compare real life BoP with a videogame that tries to simulate that mechanic. All you have to do in GTS is press a button and the car has less power/more weight, we could be able of fixing BoP in a day. It’s been a week since Megane/Scirocco have become rockets and still PD hasn’t done anything.
Actually you can, because that's what they do basically, more or less air intake, turbo boost, minimum weight and rear wing height.
For example, in 2016, the WEC GTE class had 10 different BoP settings for 9 races!

Actually you can, because that's what they do basically, more or less air intake, turbo boost, minimum weight and rear wing height.
For example, in 2016, the WEC GTE class had 10 different BoP settings for 9 races!
That’s actually pretty cool didn’t know they were so harsh on BoP in those championships, but still PD has to do something about it, Bathurst race today is gonna be awful Meganes lap 1 second faster than all other cars and all that time is gained just on straights, it’s embarassing.

Its nonsense not to allow people to setup cars with BoP: for example now Mclaren 650s GT3 is not competitive due to huge oversteer (even with TC ON) on corner exit. It would be fixed tweacking on Differential lock (tried in free practice), making challenge more various and not only 911/Megane field. :indiff:

OF: Does anybody know why there are only GR.3/4 official races? It would be fun to drive some Gr.1 in Sport Mode...

I'm fine with BoP races not having tuning, however there are a couple things that should allow you to tune like wings and tire pressure or something like. Hopefully PD will had at least a couple moer dailies that allows tuning.

I started to get used to the homologation in Forza 7 (restricted car setup with almost zero tuning) that I thought there's no point in even upgrading most of the cars.

I don't know about all this "easy to drive talk". The 1.06 update has broken the GR4 group. The Megane and the Scirocco in particular accelerate out of corners better and they are faster in a straight line, at the same time they are somehow easier on their front tires than the other cars. That's not a balance of power thing or even and easy to drive thing, that's just broken.

I mean, if I could hear and electronic diff doing the work of routing power around or something to make those cars faster, then maybe I could buy it. However, all I hear is spinning front tires. It seems to me it more of a bug that's been introduced that an intentional choice.

Before 1.06, it sure seemed like a more diverse room. Now, I see a lot of "Megane Cup" racing. On the flip side, this is more like reality. In many racing series, there is a platform to have if you want to win and having any other means that you are mid pack or worse. That said, I think they need a BoP adjustment on the GR4 cars and some GR3's.

The Megane was too quick even before 1.06. They nerfed a couple of other cars in the update, but the FF’s remained unchanged. That’s why they now dominate. I do hope that PD will see this and correct it with the soon coming 1.07.

I don't know about all this "easy to drive talk". The 1.06 update has broken the GR4 group. The Megane and the Scirocco in particular accelerate out of corners better and they are faster in a straight line, at the same time they are somehow easier on their front tires than the other cars. That's not a balance of power thing or even and easy to drive thing, that's just broken.

I mean, if I could hear and electronic diff doing the work of routing power around or something to make those cars faster, then maybe I could buy it. However, all I hear is spinning front tires. It seems to me it more of a bug that's been introduced that an intentional choice.

Before 1.06, it sure seemed like a more diverse room. Now, I see a lot of "Megane Cup" racing. On the flip side, this is more like reality. In many racing series, there is a platform to have if you want to win and having any other means that you are mid pack or worse. That said, I think they need a BoP adjustment on the GR4 cars and some GR3's.

I think the update was mainly targeted at the non-slick tyres, but it also had different effects on the different drivetrains for slicks. The additional grip especially helped the FF's. Pre-1.06 they had to give them a lot of power to balance them with all the other cars (and they were pretty quick in the BoP already). With 1.06, the disadvantage in cornering got a little less for the FF's, but with the unchanged power the FF's basically got a significant BoP-boost relative to all other drivetrains through this.

I think the update was mainly targeted at the non-slick tyres, but it also had different effects on the different drivetrains for slicks. The additional grip especially helped the FF's. Pre-1.06 they had to give them a lot of power to balance them with all the other cars (and they were pretty quick in the BoP already). With 1.06, the disadvantage in cornering got a little less for the FF's, but with the unchanged power the FF's basically got a significant BoP-boost relative to all other drivetrains through this.

Yep. I also noticed that the FF tires don't heat up when they break loose so the understeer that should be present never happens.

PD, you have other cars in the game. Make a One Make race with something other than the Miata or TT please!!

Spent years on open set up races on iracing. I found constantly fixating around altering set ups just to shave an extra tenth off to be competitive ruined it for me.

It just got to the point where i just wanted to race.

Theres nothing wrong about people just wanting a plug in and play option.

I have myriad thoughts on this but nothing coherent or all encompassing and fraught with their own complications.
My only sort of sensible idea is maybe a greater number of daily races. At least 6. With at least 3 of them run for a week with tuning and another 3 being stock and/or one makes running for 1-3 days.
Regarding the melange that is BoP, I believe only extensive data, time and patience will get this sorted. I can only hope PD has the foresight to know this, despite our complaints and is working towards a solution. We should also take time to realise that 'we' are the lab rats. Someone has to be. The worst thing they can do is rush it. Baby steps is what's required, not leaps.

I know the frustration well, Tokyo Outer Loop on pole in a Citroen GT... 4 Meganes passed before 1st corner... Slowly, agonisingly, claw back places for a lap to 2nd... 4 Meganes and a Scirocco breeze past on the straight. Cue uncontrollable, silent sobs at the futility of it all. Best of the rest. Shouldn't happen and in the future I hope all are spared this ignoble fate.

I think the point is being missed even though there are the META cars of each group IE: Megane GR4 or Porsche GR3 and so forth the fact is that each and ever car has their own perfect track that it will be fast hands down. At the end of the day the driver is what will make the car do what is needed to place at the front of the pack in the end of the day.

Yes if you gave Vettel the Merc in F1 you would no undoubtedly see a true battle between him and Hamilton. The only way to truly take out the ability to show up with a car and just do better is what the one make races are for in Nation Cup and Daily races. The Manufacturers cup is all about showing up time and time again. If you notice the top ten of each week is generally going to have the same individual drivers from week to week regardless of the manufacturer that is being used. It all ends with practice and learning where each car can make up time and out pace the other in each individual situation.

Just like when GT Sport first released the GTR was basically a god like car and now you never see anyone use it. Just give it time and the more seasons that we go through the closer the cars will become in BoP and the more unrealistic it will become seeing random brands at the front. I personally like that there is such a difference. If you notice in GR3 endurance racing you will always find the same cars at the top. This also goes for each specific track as well.

@VFOURMAX1 , how you getting along with the GR4 Megane? I tried on Kyoto today and can't get anywhere near my Atenza quali time! The same with the Scirocco.

Actually bought and tried the Megane GR 4 in qualifying time trials and the car just does not suite my driving style, cannot run consistent lap times at all so parked that sucka and have not actually raced it.
Pulled a GR4 Scirocco out of the garage, no aids except default ABS and have been running that. Doing okay with it.

One thing I have been checking is the number of drivers using virtual world aids CSA and ASM in the online daily races and the numbers at times are shocking.
One race today 13 racers were running either one or both of those aids.
Another race out of the top 7 starting positions only 1 driver was not using at least one of those aids and that was myself.
One race the top qualifier was a DR S and was 2 seconds faster than the rest of the field and he was using both CSA and ASM.
I personally would like to see the virtual world only aids CSA and ASM not allowed in online races above DR D and SRB. Their intent in my opinion is to help new players control their cars as they learn the game, not as a way to safeguard against mistakes.
One car I was behind today was going off into the grass on more than one occasion and never lost pace or slowed at all it seemed. I checked after the race and this person was using both virtual world aids.

I will be glad when GR4 BoP is fixed and you again have a decent chance running a rear wheel drive car. I really like the class when it is balanced.

Back