Same three tracks all week in Sport mode?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 52 comments
I was wondering the same thing, like when do they update? They should of just called them weekly races. I also think they need more than 3 races how about 5 or 6 races daily.

They update every Tuesday for now. Hopefully they will change this. Just like they changed the race starts every 5 minutes now. :)

isn't 5 min qualifying session a bit too short? I guess?

You don't have to qualify for every race, if I set a qualifying time today, the game will use that same time if I decide to do the same race tomorrow.

I agree there needs to be less time in between tracks changing, maybe not every single day, but I would be okay with every other day. I imagine PD will be doing some tweaking the first weeks/months of launch.

Sport Mode reminds me of an improved/updated version of GT6’s ‘Quick Match’ which only updated weekly. In GTS there doesn’t seem to be enough tracks/cars to update daily without repeating anyway,

Sport Mode reminds me of an improved/updated version of GT6’s ‘Quick Match’ which only updated weekly. In GTS there doesn’t seem to be enough tracks/cars to update daily without repeating anyway,
Why did they enable it during the Beta then? ;)

You can still post lap times for the other up coming competitions in sport mode if your bored with those tracks.
Your times will be saved for when the events start.

Once a week is probably about right for most, and so long as the car and track combinations are really good, everyone will have a ball. The GT6 Quick Match Megane Trophy races which were mostly held on the better tracks lasted for a month with good numbers throughout with people repeatedly racing lots of times within a couple of hours each night.

Not only that, you develop much better as a driver and your car setups the more you practice and the more you just try different things along the way.

Also, how come the first other competitions starts on the 4th of November? The release date was yesterday... Quite a long way to goooo.

Racing on that stupid speedway again, and until Tuesday is something I can't even imagine.

isn't 5 min qualifying session a bit too short? I guess?
I think not, not with the huge attention the game has right now, and so many people trying to play. Yesteday you had to wait 15-20 minutes between each race, and today you can practically get entry right after you finish the last race, it's a big improvement.

Probably giving people a chance to get the game

For an supposedly online game (since it's definitely not a solo game), I would expect a bit more that 3 races on 3 tracks to repeat until some guy in Poly pushes a refresh button. This is not Virtua Racing anymore, it's 2017 ffs

Do not mistake this for me taking a jab at GT Sport because I actually like it for what it is, but we all have to remember that the game has limited amount of tracks so if they swap tracks every day it would be the same thing with people saying they're getting bored

Even with the current amount of locations and tracks, with the different car classes, 160+ cars that can be turned into one-make races and the different time of day presets the combinations are almost endless.

7 days for the same 3 presets is way too long. It should change every day or else at least 3 times per week.

There really needs to be a poll to decide how often they change the events it seems; Assuming the faster car categories attract more experienced drivers, I would expect they would probably want a weekly change, whilst the less experienced drivers would want a daily change......but really at that rate, they'll be trading the game in within a few weeks and complaining on GTP how boring it has become!

Edit: The only thing that slightly bothers me with Sport Mode is the emergence of too many categories which pretty much kills off one or two already good ones and dilutes the rest with many not really knowing where to race. People often end up going to other platforms etc as well. It also happens in real Motorsport and in RC cars which I used to do, where by far the best racing categories were simplified into one or two very large classes in certain areas of England and everyone from top to bottom had a ball. But this is sim racing where resources are almost limitless so we can afford to have really good concise competitive categories. As it stands, you wouldn't want any more and Super GT is due sometime soon adding to the confusion because it will be somewhere between Gr.1 and Gr.3.

Last edited:
A week is ok providing they offer something that I am interested in racing, I ran the Megane and Scirroco one make races regularly in GT6 quick match and they were around for what felt like forever!

This weeks selection is somewhat lacking though IMO :(

Daily race A just changed to an one make race with the Honda Civic Type R.Still at Brands Hatch Indy though.

Back