San Andreas coming to PSN tuesday?

• Thread starter Slash
  • 63 comments
I DLed this last night. Secret santa at work got me a Gamestop card, so I used it to get a PSN card, and this game. So I got it for free basicly, so why not.

As you'll notice in the you tube vid posted above, it doesn't fill a wide screen TV, even if you select wide screen in the GTA menu. You can however "stretch" it to fit by hitting the PS button. That kinda bugs me, but there is no way I could stand to play this game with 10" wide black bands on each side of the screen.

Anyway, if they cleaned up the graphics at all, it's not by too much. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to playing through it again.

MMX
I DLed this last night. Secret santa at work got me a Gamestop card, so I used it to get a PSN card, and this game. So I got it for free basicly, so why not.

As you'll notice in the you tube vid posted above, it doesn't fill a wide screen TV, even if you select wide screen in the GTA menu. You can however "stretch" it to fit by hitting the PS button. That kinda bugs me, but there is no way I could stand to play this game with 10" wide black bands on each side of the screen.

Anyway, if they cleaned up the graphics at all, it's not by too much. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to playing through it again.

Is the gameplay blurry like if you were to play a PS2 on an HDTV? That's my only concern.

Is the gameplay blurry like if you were to play a PS2 on an HDTV? That's my only concern.

I have noticed a slight blur from time to time, but hasn't been distracting at all. Getting use to how primitive it feels after playing GTA IV has been a little tough though. lol

It's on Steam for 5 bucks right now. Native 1080p and high anti-aliasing for the win!
The PS3 version wasn't updated from what I've seen, the only reason why it might look better, is that the PS3 and a good HDTV scale the resolution.

EDIT: For a quick comparison:
ls01azjtx.jpg

Last edited:
Because you arnt playing from a disk. When I play games from my Original Xbox hard drive there are next to no load times.

Not always true. A have a lot of downloaded classics and most of them have disc load times.

I also have the game, and it does look a bit blurry here and there, but that doesn't hinder gameplay by a longer shot for me at all. The porting actually is handled very well. I wonder if it is the same for GTA III..

I also have the game, and it does look a bit blurry here and there, but that doesn't hinder gameplay by a longer shot for me at all. The porting actually is handled very well. I wonder if it is the same for GTA III..

As long as it's not really messed up like playing a PS2 on a HDTV then I'm fine.

Finally broke down and bought it on PSN. It was too daunting not too =P

I bought it a few days ago, oh the memories. Anyways like MMX said the widescreen mode doesn't change a thing :grumpy: I think the graphics are better but it's probably the PS3. Anyways I'm glad to have my favorite GTA back and not to mention the best sound track of any game ever made :sly: Just so yall know GTA5 will be released this spring (thats what dude at Gamestop said:D)

I bought it a few days ago, oh the memories. Anyways like MMX said the widescreen mode doesn't change a thing :grumpy: I think the graphics are better but it's probably the PS3. Anyways I'm glad to have my favorite GTA back and not to mention the best sound track of any game ever made :sly: Just so yall know GTA5 will be released this spring (thats what dude at Gamestop said:D)

You seem to be mistaken, the best sound track to any game without a doubt is Vice City.

You seem to be mistaken, the best sound track to any game without a doubt is Vice City.

I should have been more specific. If you like old school rap, this is the best sound track. And to get off rap who didn't like when the Funky Worm came on, by the Ohio Players. I honestly thought the 70-80's music in Vice City was a little dull :ill:

You seem to be mistaken, the best sound track to any game without a doubt is a matter of taste. ;)

While the song selection of Vice City is fantastic, the music from San Andreas is more my taste,
just because of Radio X. :D

You seem to be mistaken, the best sound track to any game without a doubt is a matter of taste. ;)

While the song selection of Vice City is fantastic, the music from San Andreas is more my taste,

I know, I wasn't being serious. I hate rap & hip hop music so whilst Radio X was pretty good I'll always prefer Vice City, so much win on pretty much every station.

They do seem to be a little better, like I noticed grain in wood on the Johnson House porch and CJ's back pockets look like pockets now. If you guys want the game to full screen, hit the PS button, go to options, then hit full screen mode and then go into San Andreas options and change the display to widescreen. Looks good that way.

I like Vice City Stories better to be honest. But were fantastic.

Radio X was nice. I hate that rap noise.

I know, I wasn't being serious. I hate rap & hip hop music so whilst Radio X was pretty good I'll always prefer Vice City, so much win on pretty much every station.

VCS and VC for best soundtrack.

BTW, I can confirm that method for fullscreen works and it doesn't looks scewed AS LONG AS YOU REMEMBER to go into San Andreas actual menu and set the display to widescreen. Then BAM your done.

Last edited:
I remember this game on ps2, it was great. Have some great memories... but i decided not to buy it even if i want this game, cuz GTA V is out next month and will save some money for GTA V DLC...

I've been playing this one in preparation for gtav. However, I have to start all over again.

I heard there was a glitch to unlock the entire map by flying a helicopter or plane to the edge of the map. But it didn't work. Anyone knows how to do this?

I'm playing on ps3.

Ive never heard of that glitch :confused:...

However, you could just use the "no police"-cheat (which combination I don't recall), and fly over :).

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought this was worth noting.

According to a few reports, one of which claims that R* has confirmed that San Andreas is getting rereleased on Xbox 360 with graphical updates along with achievement support.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/22/rumours-point-to-gta-san-andreas-remaster-on-360ps3-4917578/
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/23/7053125/gta-san-andreas-xbox-360-games-on-demand-release-date
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-San-Andreas-Replacing-Xbox-Originals-Version
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/achievements/

However there is no word of this rerelease coming to PS3. 🤬

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought this was worth noting.

According to a few reports, one of which claims that R* has confirmed that San Andreas is getting rereleased on Xbox 360 with graphical updates along with achievement support.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/22/rumours-point-to-gta-san-andreas-remaster-on-360ps3-4917578/
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/23/7053125/gta-san-andreas-xbox-360-games-on-demand-release-date
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-San-Andreas-Replacing-Xbox-Originals-Version
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/achievements/

However there is no word of this rerelease coming to PS3. 🤬

Having both systems is a blessing sometimes.

Just picked this up on PS4 over the weekend for £12.99. I considered getting the trilogy (which has III, VC & SA) but it was just a little more than I was willing to spend, but i may get it if it ever goes on sale.

Currently just finished the mission "Nines & AK's" and am loving it so far. Almost exclusively listening to K-DST while driving, still remains one of the best GTA radio stations to this day:

And this is my current car (but in biege):
latest

latest

Just picked this up on PS4 over the weekend for £12.99. I considered getting the trilogy (which has III, VC & SA) but it was just a little more than I was willing to spend, but i may get it if it ever goes on sale.

Currently just finished the mission "Nines & AK's" and am loving it so far. Almost exclusively listening to K-DST while driving, still remains one of the best GTA radio stations to this day:

And this is my current car (but in biege):
latest

latest

I got it for the PS3 and in 45 hours I got 100% and the Platinum trophy. :D

Back