• Thread starter Slash
  • 63 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Apparently in 2 days GTA SA will be available on PSN like GTA 3 according to a very official looking leak on an Asain PS store thingy. I'm on my ps3 so no link but a quick search will give you loads of links.

Interesting. I own it for PS2 and Xbox but would probably buy it for PS3 anyway just for the convenience factor. I would hope it would look better then the PS2 version though. On Xbox it looked way better.

Cool. I can't wait to pay at least $10 to play a straight port of the worst version of the game rather than $15 to play the best version with a bunch of extras.

I had it for PS2 and have missed it ever since I got rid of the PS2... Will most likely have this to keep me going until GTAV is out ;).

Great, if this is coming to other countries too. I wish it'd be HD, but sadly GTA 3 PSN-emulation wasn't HD, so I guess this won't be HD either. Hopefully Vice City is coming to PSN too.

Having owned 3 copies of SA myself, I might get the memory card adapter and copy the save over to my PS3, then buy this and get rid of the discs.

Confirmed by the US PS Blog that GTA SA will be available on the 11th for $9.99.

If you have a half decent PC getting it on Steam will be much cheaper, I got the complete collection for $5 last year and it will probably be that price again soon. You get much better looking games and modding opportunities.

Seems a bit high when you can get the trilogy brand new for $20

Steam version: Cheaper, moddable, HD, best performance, more control options.

PSN version: PS2 port.

I know which one to choose...

Do you have a decent PC capable of playing San Andreas? Get SA on PC.
Can't play it on PC and don't mind an overpriced PS2 port? Get SA on PS3.

I don't have a decent PC, but this is possibly the only chance that I have due to the fact that I have a Slim PS3 and don't have a PS2. What I'm really wondering is whether a BF3 DLC pack offers more fun. I'm personally leaning towards GTA, because it's GTA ad you can do whatever you want.

PC System Requirements:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP Processor
Memory: 384MB of RAM (the more the better!)
Graphics: 128MB (or greater) Video Card (Geforce 6 Series Recommended)
Hard Drive: 4.7GB of free hard disk space (full install)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card (Sound Blaster Auidgy 2 Recommended)

I bet your PC can beat that. ;)
What's more fun to you, is something you have to decide.

The only computer I have is a MacBook Air. It may or may not meet those requirements, but either way it was supplied by my school, and I don't think they'd like it if I downloaded a game on it, let alone a rated M game. I used to have GTA SA on PC, just to play SA-MP (good times, good times) but it was some old piece of crap that could hardly handle the game. So I've just bought it for the PS3. I do have it for the PS2, but it won't work on my Vizio for some reason.

Checked, my laptop can't run it no surprise there... I did buy GTA IV for PC and it ran that in slow motion.. :ouch:

Finally in the UK store and to my surprise the price displayed for San Andreas was £7.99 but when I clicked on it the price suddenly jumped up to £11.99 which is convenient because I only have £11.86 in my wallet. It should be less than £10 if you convert $15 into pounds. Assassin's Creed Revelations can be picked up for £11.99 and Uncharted for just £10.99 and they expect me to pay £11.99 for an 8 year old port, robbing 🤬

Last edited:
Same here, at some point I'll have it. Expecially after having sold one of my 3 copies yesterday.

Here's new footage. Surprisingly doesn't look too bad. Unless the capture card degraded quality.

so basically, it's the same, but slightly retouched in such a manner that would make it into the best PS3 game of all time?

I guess lol

If anything I think they softend some edges so it wouldn't be as jagged. I hope it's not really blurry though...

From what I've seen on YouTube that annoying screen blur is gone but it's still not HD.

PS3 review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naJU2CX2snA

Interesting that load times are MUCH faster than the Xbox/PS2 versions. Hmm.

I wonder if I transfer my PS2 save to my PS3 if it will work.

Last edited:
Back