Sardegna 800

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 109 comments
I did a race with the Escudo Pikes Peak. I‘m an average driver with Controller. I did 1.35 Laptimes with an untuned car, only restricted to fit into 800 PP. Overall time was 25,30 with 2 pitstops and some mistakes. I‘m pretty sure, a perfect trimmed car goes absoluty crazy there.
Good tip! Thx!

With my Escudo tune, I got 24:47. FM3 for 5 laps/2 stops.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220624164209.jpg

I did a race with the Escudo Pikes Peak. I‘m an average driver with Controller. I did 1.35 Laptimes with an untuned car, only restricted to fit into 800 PP. Overall time was 25,30 with 2 pitstops and some mistakes. I‘m pretty sure, a perfect trimmed car goes absoluty crazy there.
Will test!

Hi! I hope this is the most recent thread for the Sardegna 800 race. After trying Tokyo 600 in the Alpine i came back to my favourite grind. Normally i drive Gr.1-Gr.3 here, especially Gr.3 to test all my cars. Now i want to try which road cars can win this race on hard.

Most of the fast road cars need to much fuel. The Porsche Strassenversion for example has to pit every 3 laps.

A car i really like on this track is the Pagani Zonda. I need to pit twice on Racing Hards and Fuel Map 6. I drive timea of 1:37 here and win by half a minute.

Which other road cars can you recomend here? Lamborghinis, Ferraris, anything?

Or are there maybe slower ones that are fun on a lower difficulty level?

Thank you!

MB-CLK at fuel map 4. one stop strategy. Win by over a minute every race. FM4 is 1.40s-1.41s. FM 2 for the last two laps 1.38-1.39s.
Link to my tune here.

AMG CLK-LM '98 800PP-1.jpg

Also, The McLaren F1 GTR (Both versions) are capable of 1 stop pit strategy and I find those really fun to drive.

As you can tell this race is my money maker so I can tune up cars and have cash to buy those expensive hagerty cars.

Last edited:
No, just normal tuning by myself. I don't want to be even faster in the Zonda. I want to drive new cars that can perform as good.

Edit: no short shifting or caring about tires from me, as i am driving on controller with automatic Transmission.

Last edited:
Just did my fastest lap, in the late 1:38s. Average around 1:39 using the porsche living legend, tires get a little weary towards end of 5th lap before pit time though.

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 600PP - Comfort Soft tires - Tokyo Rain event 1.23

This one, adding turbo, changing power restrictions, Racing Medium is really fast on FM1.

Down towards 1,30 at best for me, if I remember correct.
(Racing on easy with break assist indications, but then without most assist)

Managed a 1 stop race set up for my gr2 Nissan gtr, fastest lap was a 1:40.1, should be a nice easy win if I don't crash next time round.

So, since i grow tired of tokyo and like those GR3 cars, gonna do some sardegna.

Any nice 1 stop cars available? Prefer no LCD cars, because i don't have many, also no VGT or Engine swapped.

Sardegna become my new grind . Wet Tokyo just wasn't enjoyable even with the interesting tomahawk.
Spa 1hr is great but committing a hour isn't handy .
Lemans 30 mins has been awesome tuning up lots of road cars but am running out of road cars and its getting repetitive.

Sardegna short enough fun enough and 800 makes great use of race cars .

But now I want to find whats the fastest car(tune) to do it in ?
You can use any car you want from Gr.3, no problems at all to win the race, all opponents make 2 pit stops, you just need one with power set 2, you will be fast enough to win the race with 10-15 seconds of advantage. I always use Beetle powered 800 PP with tyres medium or hard, set power 2 or 3.

The Escudo is potentially a 1 stop car. It would definitely manage the fuel for 8 laps, but the tyres would be shot by end of 7th lap.

I certainly like a fight to win a race, but time is a factor for me, so I simply fight to better my last race time.

Hi! I hope this is the most recent thread for the Sardegna 800 race. After trying Tokyo 600 in the Alpine i came back to my favourite grind. Normally i drive Gr.1-Gr.3 here, especially Gr.3 to test all my cars. Now i want to try which road cars can win this race on hard.

Most of the fast road cars need to much fuel. The Porsche Strassenversion for example has to pit every 3 laps.

A car i really like on this track is the Pagani Zonda. I need to pit twice on Racing Hards and Fuel Map 6. I drive timea of 1:37 here and win by half a minute.

Which other road cars can you recomend here? Lamborghinis, Ferraris, anything?

Or are there maybe slower ones that are fun on a lower difficulty level?

Thank you!
I've just used a Praiano tune for the Pagani Huayra and managed to get a win on second attempt. It's much heavier and slower through the turns than the Gr.3 cars but it's a good 30 kph faster on the straights so makes up for it there. You'll need to set FM to 6 and short shift at 5500 RPM roughly, and two-stop on RH tyres with fuel and tyres each stop. It's not massively fast overall but it's a fun non-race car to race. The tune is here.

I'm working on a livery based on a CGI concept by @spdesignsest and @artsbybildraw on Instagram, WIP below:

c7ef2d09415ccab21322aa9921a34bf9_photo.webp

So, since i grow tired of tokyo and like those GR3 cars, gonna do some sardegna.

Any nice 1 stop cars available? Prefer no LCD cars, because i don't have many, also no VGT or Engine swapped.
Not sure there's any Gr.3 cars which can do a 1-stop and win anymore. I think you're now looking at some of the Gr.2 cars (the Mercedes and the McLaren) and the Gr.1 cars.

Back