Sardegna 800

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 109 comments
But those don't fit the 800pp, maybe can be detuned.
That's the only way they can race (I've used the CLK DTM a few times and it's really nice to drive here but a bit of an easy win). None of the GT3 cars can 1-stop and win as far as I know after the 1.23 update where they changed fuel rate / tyre wear. Even my favourite one-stopper - Jaguar F-Type on FM 6 and short shifting - has to stop for fuel on lap 10 now plus tyres are pretty much toast at that point.

So, i have done this race in a lot GR3 to Gr1 cars.

Is it possible to win in a fully tuned road car? I tried a few, but the fuel is just so bad, even on FM6 i would need to stop every 3 or 4 laps, lol. Not gonna do more than 2 pitstops during this race. Even the jaguar F-Type 14 with WR5 needs too much fuel.

Is it possible to win in a fully tuned road car? I tried a few, but the fuel is just so bad, even on FM6 i would need to stop every 3 or 4 laps, lol. Not gonna do more than 2 pitstops during this race. Even the jaguar F-Type 14 with WR5 needs too much fuel.
I've won it with the Huayra, and I've come close with the F12berlinetta (but failed due to my own mistakes).

both can do 2 stops?
Yes. FM6 and short shifting at like 5% of the redline bar. They both have over 900hp at 800PP, so they have huge speed on the straights.

I used Praiano's tune for the Huayra and Jeje's 700PP F12berlinetta tune with power maxed and widebody.

Last edited:
LE MANS : Alpine VGT Raod car (first at the end of "hunaudieres") then go to eco 6
SARDEGNA : Peugeot 908 very easy - but the best is the Mercedes CLK GTR
All the time in Race Hard

Porsche Living Legend, Pagani Zonda (these 2 are probably counted as race cars?), Lambo Aventador 750 and Ferrari Enzo are easy wins on hard. (at least on 1.23) Tuned by Praiano. Also won it on Pagani Huyara, McLaren F1 95, Porsche Spyder 918 and Lambo Veneno, but it was very close.

Aventador and veneno used too much fuel, even on fm6 they only last 4 rounds. No fun, lol.

i just won with an engine swapped M3, cool race. Road cars are a lot harder on those turns.

then I bought a super formula, only to find out it has a fixed nitro that can’t be changed so I can’t use it :(

will try the Porsche 918 next, cause I have that already.

Last edited:
Sadly, i don't have many swaps. In fact, it's only 3. BMW M3, which worked great. Ford Focus, which feels not good, might need a better tune. And Silvia S14, that felt not good either, but i only tried on Tokyo, maybe it works for sardegna.

Edit: Just did it with the Ford Focus. Was a bit unstable but could easily win. FM5 was good for 5 laps and it was fun lapping the Ford Race Car in a focus using the same engine. :)

Last edited:
Sadly, i don't have many swaps. In fact, it's only 3. BMW M3, which worked great. Ford Focus, which feels not good, might need a better tune. And Silvia S14, that felt not good either, but i only tried on Tokyo, maybe it works for sardegna.

Edit: Just did it with the Ford Focus. Was a bit unstable but could easily win. FM5 was good for 5 laps and it was fun lapping the Ford Race Car in a focus using the same engine. :)
Loads of the engine swapped cars can do it fairly easily. The two 787B-swaps, the M3 and 3.0CSL, the R8-swapped MR2...

Aventador and veneno used too much fuel, even on fm6 they only last 4 rounds. No fun, lol.

i just won with an engine swapped M3, cool race. Road cars are a lot harder on those turns.

then I bought a super formula, only to find out it has a fixed nitro that can’t be changed so I can’t use it :(

will try the Porsche 918 next, cause I have that already.
3 Stops can be fun to. Car has to be fast enough.

My favourite race in the game, I use the Mazda RX787.

Amazing, lapping people by lap 10 with a 1min time difference until second place, they never catch me.

My favourite race in the game, I use the Mazda RX787.
You mean Mazda RX with 787 Engine? I had fun with the "original" 787B too.

A bit OT: I did 2 races on le mans, one with engine swapped BMW M3. So that car now got me a win in all 3 grinding races. le mans, sardegna and tokyo. :)

Last edited:
To win Sardegna 800 is not a problem with all cars of gr. 3. You can win with any car because all the opponents will make two pit stops, you need to make just one by switching fuel power between 2 or 3. You are going to win easy.

To win Sardegna 800 is not a problem with all cars of gr. 3. You can win with any car because all the opponents will make two pit stops, you need to make just one by switching fuel power between 2 or 3. You are going to win easy.
I know, i've won a lot of times on GR3+. But i wanted to do something different, so i asked about Road Cars for this. :)

I used the 800pp F8 Tributo tune by praiano and could win on 3 stops, still with a good lead. So i'm going to try more tuned road cars for 3 stops now. Pagani, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti and so on, we'll see. :)

I used the 800pp F8 Tributo tune by praiano and could win on 3 stops, still with a good lead. So i'm going to try more tuned road cars for 3 stops now. Pagani, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti and so on, we'll see. :)
How many laps per stint are you running for a 3-stop? And what's your lap times like??

I did FM6 for 4 laps before a stop which was just enough every time (came into pit with 0.1 round left). after the third stop, i could have only filled up for the 3 remaining laps but did a full tank again and switched to FM4 for one lap and then FM2 for the both last laps. It was lucky though, because on the last turn i had a 180 and had barely enough fuel to roll into the finish, haha.

Fast Lap was 1:41 i think with one of the FM2 laps, other rounds were around 1:43. i lapped some of the slower cars and had over a minute lead, but i'm doing easy, so that might change on normal or hard. But i start to really like sardegna.

Last edited:
I did FM6 for 4 laps before a stop which was just enough every time (came into pit with 0.1 round left). after the third stop, i could have only filled up for the 3 remaining laps but did a full tank again and switched to FM4 for one lap and then FM2 for the both last laps. It was lucky though, because on the last turn i had a 180 and had barely enough fuel to roll into the finish, haha.

Fast Lap was 1:41 i think with one of the FM2 laps, other rounds were around 1:43. i lapped some of the slower cars and had over a minute lead, but i'm doing easy, so that might change on normal or hard. But i start to really like sardegna.
If you short shift on FM6 you should be able to get 5 laps and do a 2-stop instead, lapping at 1:42's, 1:43's and have an easy win of around 15-20s on Hard. At least that's what I've found so far with the F12berlinetta and Huayra. I've also run the Porsche 917 Living Legend there and that thing destroys easily.

If you short shift on FM6 you should be able to get 5 laps and do a 2-stop instead, lapping at 1:42's, 1:43's and have an easy win of around 15-20s on Hard. At least that's what I've found so far with the F12berlinetta and Huayra. I've also run the Porsche 917 Living Legend there and that thing destroys easily.
I still won't learn to use MT. :P I'm not playing that much anymore, only one race a day for the ticket.

Berlinetta is next. I don't like the living legend Porsche that much, i wanna try the 918 Spyder, but i need a better tune. Tried the Praiano pre 1.23 tune but it was really bad at turning.

Last edited:
I still won't learn to use MT. :P I'm not playing that much anymore, only one race a day for the ticket.

Berlinetta is next. I don't like the living legend Porsche that much, i wanna try the 918 Spyder, but i need a better tune. Tried the Praiano pre 1.23 tune but it was really bad at turning.
Most of the 800PP road car tunes are difficult to turn because they're so much faster down the straights, their braking zones are huge but they make up for the lack of turning with big speeds. So I found the Huayra and F12 could top 320kph down the straights while the Gr.3 cars are usually around 270-280kph. But the Gr.3 could brake at 100m, the road cars around 170m...

Back