Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you both have a good night out, & congratulations on the new wheel, GT5 is a whole new game with it mate.

👍

My upload speed seems to be back to normal, mu download is still struggling, but is high enough to host this event on Saturday. I'm gonna run a shuffle race night in open lobby on Friday to test my connection, if that works ok, SSCS will definitely be on. Thanks for your patience guys.

👍

Last edited:
SSCS is definitely on for this Saturday, I tested my connection last night by hosting a casual Shuffle race & everything was fine.

I've uploaded all my replays from the last SSCS (All American), you can download them here.

:D

Last edited:
Will not take part this weekend and surely next one too. Had an accident last wednesday at work. I planted a broken glass of wine, maybe 2 or 3 cm, under my right foot (and I was wearing shoes!). Walking with sticks (right word?) at the moment. And as it's my right foot who is injured, I can't use my G25 and there is no chance I'll go back to DS3. Hope to be back soon!

Notice to all participants: Qually on The Ring 24hr has been extended from 10 to 25 minutes, so you'll get 1 flying lap in. The car is extremely unstable on this track so drive & race with extreme caution, I don't wanna see anyone pushing 100% here & causing incidents. Remember, you're not allowed to use the pause menu, so if you seriously damage your car in qually, park it.

There are penalty points & disqualifications this week for rule breaking & causing damage, so drive it like it's real gents!

Will not take part this weekend and surely next one too. Had an accident last wednesday at work. I planted a broken glass of wine, maybe 2 or 3 cm, under my right foot (and I was wearing shoes!). Walking with sticks (right word?) at the moment. And as it's my right foot who is injured, I can't use my G25 and there is no chance I'll go back to DS3. Hope to be back soon!

Sorry to hear about your foot dude, & I hope you get well soon!

I'll try and get in for this tonight!

Welcome to SSCS, send me a friend request, & I'll see you on track later matey. :D

Last edited:
Sorry im late, was watching film, ive added you and waiting for it to be accpeted so i can join, hopefully with a race to go :D

Well, I made myself look like a newbie today. I completely forgot about setting back my force feedback (I normally set it higher for race cars and lower for road cars) and I had all sorts of trouble with the understeer. That, and I always remove the 0.20 rear toe on every car I buy so I need to get more practice with it on before I try this again.

Hope the yesterday night races went well for all and you enjoyed it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to join you guys because I had been kicked out of server several times or I couldn't even get into the lounge. Hasn't ever happened to me in GT5 so... Nevermind, next week if all goes well we'll race together again.

Hope the yesterday night races went well for all and you enjoyed it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to join you guys because I had been kicked out of server several times or I couldn't even get into the lounge. Hasn't ever happened to me in GT5 so... Nevermind, next week if all goes well we'll race together again.

Same here, except I could join the lobby but my game kept freezing.

It happened most noticably when I switched from the live timing screen back to the lounge. Did it three times in a row! Had to restart my game three times!

Gave up in the end. Hopefully it was a server issue and not ongoing problems with VBR ISP.

Will try again next week. Was looking good from what I saw. Apart from one guy lag ramming almost everyone at Le Sarthe. Should of restarted that Imo.

This weeks theme is: TVR World Tour, featuring the TVR Tamora '02 on Sports Hard tyres, I couldn't find any skidpad data for this car (anyone else?), so we'll be just using the tyres it comes with as stock. I tested this wee beastie this afternoon, it's a joy to drive with plenty of oversteer, & just a hint of understeer to let you know when you're going in too hot.

Get practicing!

:dopey:

Last edited:
Nice choice VBR! I like TVR because of their lightness and characteristic design. Let tires SH by the way. Lots of torque & light body= spin! It's going to be fun I think...

Hi Gents, enjoyed my first time with SSCS using the GT-R 👍 Looking forward to some more action with TVR's on Saturday!

VBR
This weeks theme is: TVR World Tour, featuring the TVR Tamora '02 on Sports Hard tyres, I couldn't find any skidpad data for this car (anyone else?), so we'll be just using the tyres it comes with as stock. I tested this wee beastie this afternoon, it's a joy to drive with plenty of oversteer, & just a little hint of understeer to let you know when you're going in too hot.

Get practicing!

:dopey:
I've driven the Tuscan but never the Tamora. Should be fun!

...and unfortunately, when I tried looking for skidpad info on the Tamora, this thread was on the first page of results. :boggled:

Here are the championship results for the SSCS GTR Evolution event from last Saturday! Drivers aslo got points for qualifying: 1st = 3, 2nd = 2 & 3rd =1, & there was 1 point awarded for the fastest race lap (F.Lap).

I've now scrapped the championship points system for SSCS, as it was too time consuming for me to collate all the data. However, I may run 1 night championships in the future, as special one off events. Many thanks to helder_pimenta who made the spreadsheet for the results table below, your hard work for SSCS is much appreciated!

2vtccpg.jpg

Drivers were disqualified for damaging other cars, causing avoidable incidents or both, DNF's get no points, if I'd finished race 1 instead of stopping I would've finished P2 overall with 97 points, DOH! I'll be sending out Gold, Silver & Bronze trophy cars shortly!

👍

Last edited:
I've uploaded my race replays from the SSCS: GTR Evolution 1 Night World Championship, this time I split them into separate downloads for Sprint Races & Reverse Grid Races.

Click here to go to the download post!

👍

This looks like my cup of tea. I would very much like to join in on the fun. Do i just add you on PSN, VRB?

Last edited:
This looks like my cup of tea. I would very much like to join in on the fun.

You're most welcome to join in the fun this Saturday! However, please take the time to read & understand the "SSCS Rules & Regulations" & the "SSCS Race Event" information before you attend, if you have any questions, then post them here, thanks.

👍

Nooo Tony is going to take over the world LOL

Hopefully the miss doesnt have any plans tonight (i even think shes going out) so i can race hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back