Saving in Endurance races

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caligula1
  • 119 comments
  • 8,573 views
what ****ing crap! even real racing drivers switch positions during an endurance, why don't they put a pit-save option in it, goddamn how can they expect to play non stop for 24 hrs???
my solution would be to pause the game every hour and leave my play running for 3 days wich is bloody stupid but screw that b-mode option, the ignorance while it could be so perfect... just hope day changes into night at least or you get some variation in the weather otherwise it's way to boring. get the feeling the game is a bit rushed and well have to wait for gt5 for 'perfection'.
 
I'm sorry... How comfortable do you think the three drivers running a 24hr endurance race are? They get 4 hours on, then 8 hours off, IF they're lucky.

First the idiots complain about it lacking realism, then they complain it's too realistic.

Do the race yourself. Quit being a big girl's blouse.
 
smellysocks12
In my opinion it's sickening that you can't save in the 24 hours long races... only the most die-hard no life having Japanese Gran Turismo groupies can finish the game at 100% this way. Besides that simply the health reasons already make this idea sick, I hope they'll implement a save feature before releasing the European version.

I played the first Gran Turismo and the second one to death, never got GT3 (almost 1.5 years ago) because I thought part 4 was almost coming out.... I liked the endurance races but 2 hours to me was enough already for one day. With a saving option in the pits it would be possible for me to finish it, but hell.... without saves I won't, even though I'd hate not winning every race.


Haha can you imagine it happening that in the final minute of the 24h race an opponent catches up with you and becomes first. Lots of suicidal GT players and PS2 controllers flying through windows.

invite some friends, take turns. Should be a funny thing to do on a lame saturday/sunday
 
Famine
Quit being a big girl's blouse.
:lol:

Saves would be nice, but I'm not going to whine and moan about there not being and option to save in the middle of an enduro. Get some friends together, buy some pizza, and have a good time.
 
i'm not worried about the event or sitting up and doing it etc... Length isn't an issue to me. It IS to my PS2. It recently died from playing around 14 hours straight on GTA: SA (it's a launch model and has never had problems before). It just died. I do NOT want to leave a brand new (I'll buy a new PS2 when GT4 comes out) PS2 on for like 10+ hours constantly streaming from a disc. I know there are warranties etc. But if it doesn't kill it straight away, it'll pull down the life of it for sure. It's too demanding to do this in my eyes. I'm not in favour of no save feature.

BUT... I WANT 24 hour enduros! Just worried about my PS2. I dont have much money (on dialup), and want to make a new PS2 last very long.
 
As much as everyone here seems to be dissing the B-spec mode, it was put in the game for a reason. I think the game's developers probably realized that hardcore gamers would shun the option because it would take away from their sense of accomplishment. Putting in a race (or 3) like this makes the B-spec look significantly more attractive and useful. I don't really consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, but I know that I certainly would never use the B-spec for a race that was less than 3 hours (like all of the normal endurance races) but with this, I like the opportunity to try out the "race manager" role that B-spec was designed to put you in.

If someone were to race it in A-spec, I doubt that anyone would use a car that they weren't guarenteed to win with. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk such a time investment in a potential loss. Therefore, the B-spec makes the race something more than a formality towards attaining 100% completion.

When this game comes out and I have to race these, I will certainly B-spec them and I won't feel like I'm cheating.

P.S. I think this is my first post though I've been reading this board for the past few weeks, so HI everybody.
 
On test drive le mans on dream cast you could save and i did the 24 hour race. I did win by 20 laps on the panoz roadster
 
Famine
I'm sorry... How comfortable do you think the three drivers running a 24hr endurance race are? They get 4 hours on, then 8 hours off, IF they're lucky.

First the idiots complain about it lacking realism, then they complain it's too realistic.

Do the race yourself. Quit being a big girl's blouse.

At first I was in the opinion of "OMG! 24hrs with no saves??? ****!!!"

NOW, having thought about it for abit, I'm with Famine on this... for age's the community of GT players have asked for the likes of the Nurb' and Le Mans and spouted on about just 'how awesome' it would be to have a 24hr race on these tracks...

Guess what??? Now we have exactly that opportunity...

Having no save option is nearly the KY masterpiece in the series so far, we continually ask for "more realism" so he gives us 24hr races NOT being able to save it (sure you can pause), this I guess was designed as a "human factor" aspect to the game, if "we" really wanted realism, we'd be forced to recruit at least one other driver to help complete it, as it was intended to be driven.

Quite conceivably B-Spec was developed in mind for those who didn't "want" the "realism".

Personally, I've talked to two friends who said they'd be into it, only if the action was reciprocated, it'll be a fun 9 weekends... even more so in the future GT's when we may have night/day transition, dynamic weather, 'simulated' damage etc...

So start sucking it in and deal with it...
 
hellnback
At first I was in the opinion of "OMG! 24hrs with no saves??? ****!!!"

NOW, having thought about it for abit, I'm with Famine on this... for age's the community of GT players have asked for the likes of the Nurb' and Le Mans and spouted on about just 'how awesome' it would be to have a 24hr race on these tracks...

Guess what??? Now we have exactly that opportunity...

Having no save option is nearly the KY masterpiece in the series so far, we continually ask for "more realism" so he gives us 24hr races NOT being able to save it (sure you can pause), this I guess was designed as a "human factor" aspect to the game, if "we" really wanted realism, we'd be forced to recruit at least one other driver to help complete it, as it was intended to be driven.

Quite conceivably B-Spec was developed in mind for those who didn't "want" the "realism".

Personally, I've talked to two friends who said they'd be into it, only if the action was reciprocated, it'll be a fun 9 weekends... even more so in the future GT's when we may have night/day transition, dynamic weather, 'simulated' damage etc...

So start sucking it in and deal with it...

But it really can't be healthy to sit in front of your TV playing GT4 for 24 hours non stop or any other game for that matter, and as some other people mentioned it can't be doing the PS2 much good either.. I mean you have two options, just go for the full 24 hours in one go which will **** you up, or pause the game and do it over maybe a few days and **** your PS2 up.. Think I'm gonna have to opt for the B-Spec option on the 24 hour races myself.
 
there was the case of that Counter strike guy who went for about 4-5 days straight on CS and died .I forgot why but I asked during the summer on GTp if a 24hr gaming session would cause a stroke or something.. But taking breaks from the TV will help your eyes dearly. You should be fine.
 
Ryen49
there was the case of that Counter strike guy who went for about 4-5 days straight on CS and died

Now there's a 'Urban Legend' if ever I've heard one...

Reminds me of a guy in "Utopia" who was in a very good Kingdom and known in Utopian circles, he just woke up one day and didn't want to play anymore, so had a friend advise his KD of his untimely 'death'... after a massive outpouring of sympathy the truth was revealled...

Heck, 24hrs drinking is harder than 24hrs playing a video game, heck I remember when C&C first came out, not to mention Shane Warne Cricket... I bet that some people played Final Fantasy VII for some lengthy periods too...
 
3S
invite some friends, take turns. Should be a funny thing to do on a lame saturday/sunday

yep thats exactly what im doing ;) will be fun, order some pizza every now and then, get some drinks and your all set :)
 
ha! like to see you all and your mates stay on the job for 24 hrs... it is still a game and games don't keep people's attention spans lasting for 24 hrs, your rooms are gonna smell like bad breaths and corpses rotting at the end of the race, or maybe after 21 hrs of play your playstation is gonna malfunction and you will knock eachother on the teeth out off sheer fustration...
 
^ Well said. Like you would go to someone else's place helping them win this race for 24 hours total. None of my friends would do that. And what if you finally win that race? Your friends would want to win the race on their memory card as well and then you have to do it again... hmmm. I certainly hope for a save option for the Europeans and Americans who usually are less fanatic at gaming.
 
Meh, I can see it being fair if you, let's say, do the 24 hour Nurburgring race on your own game with a friend, then do the Le Mans 24 hour race on their save...
 
Famine
I'm sorry... How comfortable do you think the three drivers running a 24hr endurance race are? They get 4 hours on, then 8 hours off, IF they're lucky.

First the idiots complain about it lacking realism, then they complain it's too realistic.

Do the race yourself. Quit being a big girl's blouse.
Exactly, if you don't like it, deal with it, and don't do it.
 
Ryen49
there was the case of that Counter strike guy who went for about 4-5 days straight on CS and died .I forgot why but I asked during the summer on GTp if a 24hr gaming session would cause a stroke or something.. But taking breaks from the TV will help your eyes dearly. You should be fine.
I could have sworn that was Everquest ...
 
I already do 12 hour shifts at work. 24 hours sitting on my ass in my very comfortable race rig and DFP for that lenght will be cake since theres no g forces. "when are people going to start complaining about their game having no gforces in real life :lol:"

I remember in the older days of 24 hour racing where the one driver went the full 24 hours! Talk about some huge brass one's.


Playing a game for 5 days shouldnt kill you unless you dont eat,pee, or #2 at all. Then you pass out and hit your head on the corner of the computer desk causing a major concussion. Since your a big enough freak to play a game for that many days you most likely don't have any friends and you lie on the floor unconsious for days and eventually pass on due to swelling of the brain.
 
Famine
I'm sorry... How comfortable do you think the three drivers running a 24hr endurance race are? They get 4 hours on, then 8 hours off, IF they're lucky.

First the idiots complain about it lacking realism, then they complain it's too realistic.

Do the race yourself. Quit being a big girl's blouse.


amen, dude.
 
smellysocks12
^ Well said. Like you would go to someone else's place helping them win this race for 24 hours total. None of my friends would do that. And what if you finally win that race? Your friends would want to win the race on their memory card as well and then you have to do it again... hmmm. I certainly hope for a save option for the Europeans and Americans who usually are less fanatic at gaming.


lol your making out like 24 hours is an eternity... hahaha. my mates all love the GT series but dont own PS2's so its all good, and we always used to sit up all night alot and do the enduros, thats my favourite part of GT is the enduros. and whats stopping you from having a shower while one of your mates takes over for afew hours?
 
seriously people have lives..... i did a 2hr gt3 enduro last night and have felt **** since

if sitting infront of your tv playing games for 24hrs straight is your thing you are a sad sad person
 
thats why you get up every 15 minutes and have a walk around and a stretch.. i feel fine after i do any enduro, as i always take a quick break every 15-20minutes, i would never sit for more than half an hour infront of the tv.
and i have a life, a very good one infact, i just like enduros, and im sure im not the only one.
 
I guess one idea would be to get an "extended guarantee" on your PS2 when buying a new one.

Does anyone know if Game or any other stores offer extended guarantees (then you could leave the thing on as much as you want knowing that it would be under warrantee) :)
 
The main Problem isn`t the physical aspect of sitting and racing for 24 hrs, Even if you take loo breaks and food and drink breaks, It`s the fact you need to concentrate enough to drive a car capable of sub 7 min laps around the ring for 24 hrs. This does take a lot of concentration especially as your not using other sensory cues that you get in a real car, so you are just relying on site and hearing to do those things, thus increasing the workload on those area of the brain, thus tiring you out earlier.I know I feel like pooh after a normal enduro on GT 3, and usually need to stop playing and have a snooze, but maybe cos i'm getting old.
 
I wonder if anyone playing gt4 has ever done/will ever done any of the 24 hour races in 1 sitting, my scared senses say yes..:)
 
I'm going to try, for sure. Take a couple espressos and go for the whole 24hours. Only when I get a DFP thought.
 
i dont see how people can say that its wasted or too much time for enduros.

together the 3x34 hour ones are 1/120th of the year, you spend longer sat on the bog.

hell the average teenager probably spends 60/120 of a year sat on his backside doing another handheld activity.


iam planning on b-specing lemans II, i dont know about the others yet.
 
it may be more realistic, but we aren't paid to race and we have lives to live.
 
Back