Saving Replays

Hi all

How do i save a replay to a USB memory stick (pen drive) in order to make a copy on my laptop, similar to what i do with photos taken in photo mode? Is it not possible at all?

Matt

I use a maxdrive which cost me £10 (£11.50 with postage I think,) from amazon. I had two wait a couple of weeks though as I don't think they keep many of them in stock.

But I have heard you can use a normal USB stick, not tried that method myself yet. You can't actually watch them on your PC/laptop though, you need a capture card for that.

I see...i would like to ba able to upload my replays onto the internet, and also for these racing competitions starting up on this website - so i can prove im quick! (it might happen...)

So can anyone give me a step-by-step guide on how to do this with the equipment i need?

Matt

I know there's a thread about this somewhere, just not sure at the moment. Try looking in the WRS forum section.

I'll have a look later on and link it here for you if you have no luck.

Dinners done. :)

Edit: Right. All I could find so far is this one.

HERE

It's a bit lenghty (17 pages :ouch:) and it's not just about replays, there's gamesave stuff on there too so it might mean sitting there reading for a couple of hours till you find what you're looking for.

If you do find anything try linking it into this thread so anyone else looking through here with the same problem can find it. 👍

Edit No 2: THIS might be a bit more helpful actually, there's a few useful links in here too.

alpinestarhero
Hi all

How do i save a replay to a USB memory stick (pen drive) in order to make a copy on my laptop, similar to what i do with photos taken in photo mode? Is it not possible at all?

Matt

Geez, why are you guys making this so hard??? :) In the replay theater, there's an icon on the side for saving a replay to the USB stick. This is new to TT, not present in the GT games, but it's old news by now.

I would suggest that maybe that's how one would save a replay to a USB stick. :dopey:

This file is just a copy of the replay data so you can upload for verification or comparison with others. You can also get their replays off the web, save it to your USB stick, and load it into the Replay Theater and watch their replay.

This does NOT let you watch the replay on your PC. That's video capture, and a completely different process.

All this Maxdrive nonsense is still needed to get GT4 replays onto the PC, but not for TT.

wfooshee - i didnt realise this. I did look for such a selection when saving the replay on the screen before you ride, but ther was only an option of memory card 1 or 2!. I'll have a better look in the replay theater now. Cheers!

Matt

just had a look myself, select a replay in replay theatre, then on the right hand side selection stuff go down to "Read Replay Data from Memory Card and read onto USB Flash Memory" :)

im also new to this replay uploading stuff, but if i was to save a replay and transfer it to my PC with a USB stick, could i post it for you lads and you could put in on your memory card via another memory stick, it'd be cool if we had a section where replay's of fastest laps were savfed, and could be downloaded to a PS2 to compete against ..

liamo
it'd be cool if we had a section where replay's of fastest laps were savfed, and could be downloaded to a PS2 to compete against ..

You guys need to look around at the screens you're working with. . . .:indiff:

At the top of the forum is a sub-forum for TT lap times. Guess what they do there?

Back