• 14 comments

ryzno

Slowest of the Fastest!!
(Banned)
United States
Dahlonega, GA
ryzno
maxresdefault.jpg

With the News that PD will be ending online "soon in the future", this thread is for your best/worst moments, memories or accomplishments in GT5 Drag Racing.

What GT5 means to me:confused::confused:

It means hours of endless tuning for that last thousandth of a second just to know that if you get treed that none of that even matters:dunce::dunce:

It means unlimited high horsepower tom-foolery and fun. For example: Dirty Nascar

It means having absolutely awesome shuffle races where someone gets a muscle car with a 4 speed on de la sarthe:lol::lol:

It means getting sh:censored:talked by every person in a drag lobby (depends on room)

It means trolling people on your friends list by cloning their PSN (coldblooded-1 for the UK):lol::lol:

It means having amazing conversations with with all my drag buddies which is so many I cant even count them all now.

It means getting pi 🤬 ed off everytime you have ever bogged

It means freaking out over "lag" which is sometimes true, but is mostly just our inflated egos:lol::lol:

Our community has it's flaws of course, but i couldn't ask for more when it comes to an online video game and forum
:cheers::cheers:

nice tree thrasher

Well my good bye is to say thanks to the guy who introduced me to drag racing, Casper ("R" Spec Tunerz Founder)

GT5 was the first game I ever played online. (I did it for GTAcademy originally). As a proud owner of a Honda, I decided to buy a few Hondas in game.
So a few days into GTAcademy I was looking for something to do, to get my mind off of chasing a ghost of my best lap.

So I hit the crack addicting Online tab. My if I only knew I was about to open Pandora's box of Honda Drag racing.

Anyways I want to thank Casper for seeing potential in me, teaching me how to tune countless times(Im not Team Stoner for no reason) and being a strong leader of the Team.

I want to also thank all the loyal leaders and members of "R" Spec Tunerz. We are a Army, we fight as one.

Also thanks to Danny for teaching us all patience and "being humble".

Much love to: TDS, DN and when yall would pop up in our lobbies; Snurtle, HiBoost and N13AD for making us faster!; the staff here @:gtpflag: and everyone that has helped/made our racing better here on :gtpflag:

My one regret. Running mainly Hondas.

Good Luck and Good Racing!!!

Last edited:
Well this is it folks we are coming to the end of gt5. It has been fun and frustrating at times. Tuning these cars has been a pain in my arse. On a good note I was able to get over 40 cars in the top 5 and have 6 cars with the #1 spot.

I have made some great friendship with many people here. I want to thank hyperspeed for bringing me into the darkside. I want to thank nick for being a great leader for our team. Being on tds has been and will continue to be awesome.

I remember my first car I ever dragged the R34tc lol. At the time I was beating alot of people with this car. First person I had raced was some guy name ski24x in his lmq lol.

I want to also thank Danny, king, smoke, janco, trin07, wraith, and anyone else who helped me become a top tuner.

TDS FTW!!

Well I need to give thanks to Danny cause even though I could tune he actually help me get better way before I decided to join his team right around the time he join the site he gave me pointers with Hondas and then I took it from there, dreamoo also showed me how to tune that EVO RS, Hyper, hostility, almost everyone, well the usual guys, from TDS at one point or another have tought me something and I thank you guys for that. Also king, smokeNrubber it's been fun...

We can only hope that the tuning aspect of GT6 stays the same or is somewhat similar, I guess we need to get our Drag subforum in the GT6 section.

By no means this mean I'm not squeezing the last drop of GT5 but for now Good racing everyone, good tunes and always STAY HUMBLE!!!

I spent more time than I care to mention drag racing in GT5. Actually inspired me to buy my f body in real life. Have to thank KRAVENRAW, tt3_az, slashfan and mafia_boy as they were the ones helping me out when I started (2010).

See you guys in GT6! Improved graphics engine means you can see my taillights even easier :sly:

:cheers:👍
maxresdefault.jpg

With the News that PD will be ending online "soon in the future", this thread is for your best/worst moments, memories or accomplishments in GT5 Drag Racing.

I think you misread what it says, this is what it means:
GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.
Equivalent services will be made available on www.gran-turismo.com for Gran Turismo 6 following launch of the title.
Other Gran Turismo 5 online services will remain in place for a limited period. Further information to follow shortly.

“Other Gran Turismo 5 online servicesrefers to website services, such as B-Spec Remote Race, not in-game online services such as Seasonal Events or Multiplayer.

It's just for the Gran turismo website, if you didn't mean that then disregard my comment

I guess I should have read a little more. Anyways most of us (i assume) will get GT6 and run GT5 online till GT6 online. If not drop it.
So I figured why not say our thoughts of GT5

Are they really going to stop GT5 online? That's retarded.

I've got so many drag racing stories I have no idea where to start.

Are they really going to stop GT5 online? That's retarded.

I've got so many drag racing stories I have no idea where to start.
no, only the website services you can still play on-line and do Seasonal races till further notice kinds of what they did with Prologue...

I want to thank everyone who helped me when I was a noob, hostility brought me to the high powers and also the rest of the TDS team! I learned a lot from everyone and I promise all of you guys that I will do my best to be humble and act my age! I will make a new GT6 hiboost Team n will try my best to chose the right people! Hiboost had a few important wins a also lost! I will try my best to challenge R spec and GTWW! This game did make me get in trouble with my family and strangers online...there is a lot of haters out there n I hope my experience on GT6 is even better! Take care guys and God bless you all! I will never forget GT5!

I wanna thank all the HiBoosT team for adding me and showing me the way. And Danny for showing me to stay humble and show respect to others, and showing me the way in the Honda Drag rooms. You made gt5 a brand new game when I found out people were drag racing Hondas.
Hope to see y'all in gt6.
-DaNando92.

Latest Posts

Back