schwimmwagen gonna need a lot of tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigjoe
  • 79 comments
  • 16,069 views
I was kind of puzzeled by the reward, I recieved 800,000 credits. But when you add up the prize money at the race screen it adds up to 560,000 credits or so.
 
Bought the Schwimm, placed few upgrades (engine, transmission, racing tires), went to road... Quite slow initially and somewhat nervous to drive when going faster... But at first attempt I won the event. Since I'm really not a good driver (actually I don't have any gold, only bronze and few silver) I must presume this event isn't really hard to beat... Only costly initially (two accs, easy to save money ^^).
 
I struggled with this a little I must admit, slowly building up the mods until I had a fair few things bolted on and was hitting 90mph+...I think it "clicked" when I realised how early you need to brake and how gentle you have to be, any amount of pressure or late braking and it does that nosediving thing which slows you down hugely (or totally puts your nose into a wall).

There are only a handful of places where you need to brake but you can learn to get around them pretty smoothly.

Loved the two-tone blue little car I kept seeing, might have been a Mazda Carol but forgot to check.
 
By extension of that logic, why have anything other than the FGT and the X2010?

It's a hell of a lot of fun to throw the slower cars around on the more technical tracks; they reward smooth driving and being able to choose the right passing zones. Besides, the more I play GT, the more I'm convinced that it's not a "racing" game, rather, it's a game for people who just love anything with 4 wheels. Hell, I almost wouldn't be surprised if GT6 had a lorry driving challenge. Personally I think that would be great fun.

Maybe that's why the tag for GT is the "Real Driving Simulator" rather than the "Real Racing Simulator".
 
I fully tuned mine to 118 HP (just for fun, also want to drive it online). Set top speed to 180 km/h, maxes out in slipstream (like 175 if I'm correct). Won the seasonal with one lap in front of 3rd.
 
Aint gonna bother with this one- the Kugelwagen was bad enough- sold mine for 73K
 
I have to disagree with those who think this was a waste of time or an "insult" to the game. This was a complete blast once I changed the transmission.
Totally agree. GT has never been just about fast cars, it's always had the full spectrum. Personally I find the slower vehicles more fun as they require more precise driving where you need to get the right driving line.
 
I managed to lap the competition on the 3rd lap using exhaust mods, intake mods, high rpm turbo (with OMG-so-freaking-huge-turbo-lag) ECU, slicks and tranny set up to 170 kph.

Didn't make much out of it though
 
I advise fully tuning the Schwimmwagen if you have the money for it. Fantastic bit of fun to throw around when it's had everything thrown at it.
 
When i did this race i was like, "Wow, this race is gonna be challenging with just a stock car." So i raced, and WHOA HOHOHO was it difficult. So i did a little upgrades a bit to it, just to get the poor thing moving, and YAHOO did it worked. :D Got it up to 71HP, upgraded transmisstions, bought it some racing hard tires, and boy oh boy was it just funny to overtaking the other cars.

It was just absolutely funny when i was driving it. Ahhh, i can just do that race all over again. :)
 
Last edited:
Easy way to do it is to soup up the car and change the top speed (transmission settings IIRC) up to over 100mph, you take the pi$$ then.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm a noob here :dunce:
 
All hail the Mighty Schwimmer-Schwimmer-Schwimm :bowdown:

Scwimmwagens_2.jpg


Keep it afterwards and race it online, great fun! Good fun on rally also.
 
When I was "gifted" the Scwimmerwagen on my birthday (I guess they give you the closest car in age as my birthyear is 1943) I thought "what the hell am I going to do with this thing???"

It turned out to be a nice present as I collected the credits without laying out for the beast.
Me too , there are some advantages to being an old fart , but I missed out on the Porsche .:grumpy:
Ozi
 
This was my favorite seasonal. I max tuned it but still kept turning the thing sideways. When i finally won it was very satisfying. Had won the car on a random ticket too, never thought I would use it :dopey:
 
I have to disagree with those who think this was a waste of time or an "insult" to the game. This was a complete blast once I changed the transmission.

The first time around though, I've got to admit I was pissed off chugging around a 50MPH banging off the rev limiter. I am a huge car nut, but I am a complete newby at GT with GT5 being the first I have tried of the series. I have gradually gotten more confident and have been trying to do all of the events with minimal mods. So, the stock trip around the circut was painfull.
It is an insult and a waste of time. Had it been a straight up race with a dozen of these crapwagons on the course then I would say great. It would have been fun and challenging. But as a overtake challenge it showed me just how bad GT5 is. I upgraded as much as possible simply because I was bored stiff. The laps were putting me to sleep as I crawled along. Already blew 600k+ credits, so I didn't want slow laps. Get the freaking boredom over with quick.
 
is it just me or this one is really tough?
even tuning the bloody thing I only arrived 7th....and I am still out of the money of some 300,000 credits 👎👎👎

apart from this it's definitely the worst event ever. it's not even funny....just stupidly boring
 
it is spelt 'spelt' not spelled

Nope. It is spelled. It was spelt. It will be spelled. Unless you're talking about wheat. Then it's more than likely not spelt. Probably just normal stuff.

Irrelevant anyway ; who wants to lend me a chevy for an hour so I can make some money to get going in this great game?
 
I thought that this was the most fun that I have had with this game yet. I fully modded it and lapped last place 2 times by the end of the race. This thing is a blast to drive.
 
Back