Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Saturdays 11:00AM EDT

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Saturdays 7:00PM EDT

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Sundays 11:00AM EDT

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys, I wanted to see something out. IMO I think RS tires are not really great tires to use for any of these cars. I wanted to see if you guys could try out these compound tires for the cars:

Ferrari: RH Tires
Nissan: SS Tires
Mazda: SH, or SM Tires

I feel these tires will allow much more fun racing and give the cars a bit of life, because with RS it is far too easy. The cars will still be very grippy on these tires it will just make it more realistic. I feel these cars are far too underpowered to be running RS tires. Please try it out and let me know what you think.
That sounds like a great idea ;)

With RS the Z34 is way too grippy for my taste. Just got a 2.13 and I've yet to learn the track. Doin a few more laps to at least memorize half the corners and then will give it a go with the SS.

UPDATE: 2.10 with RS. And still half the track is a mistery to me. Gonna give it a try with SS.

Uh, BTW, I took the Z back to stock condition, just suspensions, brakes, weight reduction and exhaust and it still has 364HP. Had to put a 100kg ballast to bring it up to 1340Kg. Don't know where all those HP are coming from...

Last edited:
Uh, BTW, I took the Z back to stock condition, just suspensions, brakes, weight reduction and exhaust and it still has 364HP. Had to put a 100kg ballast to bring it up to 1340Kg. Don't know where all those HP are coming from...
The engine has to be power limited to reach the correct spec and Ballast is mentioned in the OP

EDIT: It also looks like a lot of people seem to like the idea of changing the compounds. If I see one or two more people say they'd like a change, I'd be happy to change the compounds to the ones CodDemon Mentioned:

Ferrari: RH
Nissan: SS
Mazda: SH

Last edited:
Here. With SS the Nissan is much more balanced (please keep in mind I'm still driving with stock settings here), slippery in corners, quite a bit slower, but more "natural". Managed a 2.16 but could lower it with some practice. But more fun. Less neurotic. :cool:

Gonna give the Mazda a try. With SH.

UPDATE: You were right guys. The Mazda is a lot of fun. Just a tiny tiny little problem here, I'm lapping @ 2.30something. Of course I'm doing something wrong or am on the wrong track (most probably the first one). Are you seriously lapping around Ascari in 2.15 @Mires? With that pocket green car of yours? If yes, I better up my game with a couple billion hours of practice. Speechless.

BTW, drove it around fully tuned as per OP, but with stock settings. TCS 0.

LAST UPDATE: ROOM CLOSED

Last edited:
@ro amighetti So, do you have your car choice for this series? :D

Dunno yet. :cool:

That little Mazda is tempting, but those 15sec scares the c**p out of me. Don't wanna find myself lapping around for 1 hour with that gap on my shoulders. Gonna give it a try with RS and see if the guys were lapping with those...

Last edited:
Me gonna have a room up tonight, within 1 hours or so. As usual, open to everyone.

Tracks: Ascari
Cars: Mazda MX5, Nissan Z34 & Ferrari 458

See ya later.

Sorry. Slight miscalculation on my part. Specs for Nissan have been updated(mainly ballast and weight issues) I had it set to my old settings.

The tire compounds are staying as RS for now. It would be awesome if you guys can do your own testing and give me feedback as I'm quite busy this weekend. After this weekend though, I'll be focusing on testing these tires and other potential changes.
I guess we can wait 'till next week but for now it seems people are enjoying the suggestions a lot.

Sorry. I put up a room in WRS Club but I guess not everyone is part of that. Setting up a public room. Will let you know ID in a few minutes.

Here: 1472-4711-0167-3384-6720

ROOM CLOSED

Last edited:
I'd probably either go for RH, SS, or SH tires for the MX-5s, RH or RM tires for the Ferraris, and RH or SS tires for the Nissans.

Just an cosmetic update, i'll use Lotus Racing Green Metallic on body and wing and Liquid Yellow on rims :) (aka. Japanese Lotus) :D

Back