Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
I know everyone stopped talking about this but I want to boast about it to those who havent. I FOUND THE DRAGSTRIP. It was certainly meant to be on the game since there's a start line and walls and sponsor signs, EVERYTHING!

P.S: I FOUND IT, MUHAHAHA!
P.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S.S.S:I'll shut up now!

I know everyone stopped talking about this but I want to boast about it to those who havent. I FOUND THE DRAGSTRIP. It was certainly meant to be on the game since there's a start line and walls and sponsor signs, EVERYTHING!

P.S: I FOUND IT, MUHAHAHA!
P.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S.S:MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
P.S.S.S.S.S:I'll shut up now!

Yeah we'll believe it when we see it fool.. stop double-posting, too. That's a no-no around here.

It's somehow funny we have in GT2 drag cars but no drag strip, and in GT4 we have a drag strip, but guess....no drag cars.

Btw, totally off-topic, but I finally got my copy from GT1. Pity its NTSC through, couldn't find it in Europe, so I got one from the USA. At a total loss with MPH and lbs through. Great game, so far i've played.

It's somehow funny we have in GT2 drag cars but no drag strip, and in GT4 we have a drag strip, but guess....no drag cars.

Btw, totally off-topic, but I finally got my copy from GT1. Pity its NTSC through, couldn't find it in Europe, so I got one from the USA. At a total loss with MPH and lbs through. Great game, so far i've played.

Actually, you can't convert within the game, you'll have to do it manually.

1 mph = 1.609 kph

1 pound = 0.453 kg

The only game that actually converts everything is GT4 i believe.

I'm sorry about the muhahaha thing. I was being a bit stupid. The dragstrip is round the edge of the map. And it's in an L sort of shape, like it has 2-strips. To find it, I just break through the wall at the first turn, then I turn right. I stick to the edge of the map, and then after a short while you find it. I was going to take a picture and put it on the computer, but I dont know how, sorry. :)

P.S: I hope me telling you how to find it is evidence!

I'm sorry about the muhahaha thing. I was being a bit stupid. The dragstrip is round the edge of the map. And it's in an L sort of shape, like it has 2-strips. To find it, I just break through the wall at the first turn, then I turn right. I stick to the edge of the map, and then after a short while you find it. I was going to take a picture and put it on the computer, but I dont know how, sorry. :)

P.S: I hope me telling you how to find it is evidence!

Uh huh, of course you can't take a picture, since it doesn't exist! :dunce:

It's on the edge of what map? What track? Is it the bit of rubbish HACKr managed to find outside of Laguna Seca? If that's what you're talking about, sorry...that aint no dragstrip...that's abandoned modeling. 👎

I'm not trying to be a :dunce: i'm just tryin to get to the bottom of this, and visual evidence is always better than words.

Or just some graphical stuff GT2 seems to make up, I went to the exact same dot, and I was unable to find it.

Same as the pic I posted before, running in a copy of Motorsports Land.

Uh huh, of course you can't take a picture, since it doesn't exist! :dunce:

It's on the edge of what map? What track? Is it the bit of rubbish HACKr managed to find outside of Laguna Seca? If that's what you're talking about, sorry...that aint no dragstrip...that's abandoned modeling. 👎

I'm not trying to be a :dunce: i'm just tryin to get to the bottom of this, and visual evidence is always better than words.

Right, It's is outside Laguana Seca. And yes, it's abandoned modeling, of the Drag Strip. It is defentiley a Drag Strip because it is a straight peice of track, and has two lanes. There is two drag strip's joined together infact, thats why I said it's in an L shape. And it has sponsor barriers up, and the stop and go lights that they use on a dragstrip, thats how I know!

P.S: If it's not abandoned modelling of a dragstrip, then what is it!

P.S.S: If someone could tell me how to paste images from camera onto computer I could get some evidence!

Right, It's is outside Laguana Seca. And yes, it's abandoned modeling, of the Drag Strip. It is defentiley a Drag Strip because it is a straight peice of track, and has two lanes. There is two drag strip's joined together infact, thats why I said it's in an L shape. And it has sponsor barriers up, and the stop and go lights that they use on a dragstrip, thats how I know!

P.S: If it's not abandoned modelling of a dragstrip, then what is it!

P.S.S: If someone could tell me how to paste images from camera onto computer I could get some evidence!

HACKr already explained all this. he already found what you're talking about and had pix up early on in this thread, i believe on page 2.

Matter of fact here it is:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78938&page=2

Page 2, post 25. Call me stubborn but i still say it's not the dragstrip. If it was, PD would have made a seperate area for it entirely with a seperate file number. I believe what you're describing was supposed to be part of Laguna Seca that PD tested and for whatever reason it didn't work out. Abandoned modeling. You can believe whatever you like, of course, it's a free country.

In any event, let's see those pix. The stuff HACKr found is just a piece of track. He was not even able to drive on it (it would disappear if he tried this). So if you found something new, try and get a pic up, mmm kay?

It is either abandoned modelling (why wouldnt they just edit it, or remove it and make it from scratch again? Is one of the only games I know which should have abandoned modelling), but I think it is more some kind of graphical corruption, as I ran into a 1:1 copy of Motorsport Land, and why would they design the same track twice?

HACKr already explained all this. he already found what you're talking about and had pix up early on in this thread, i believe on page 2.

Matter of fact here it is:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78938&page=2

Page 2, post 25. Call me stubborn but i still say it's not the dragstrip. If it was, PD would have made a seperate area for it entirely with a seperate file number. I believe what you're describing was supposed to be part of Laguna Seca that PD tested and for whatever reason it didn't work out. Abandoned modeling. You can believe whatever you like, of course, it's a free country.

In any event, let's see those pix. The stuff HACKr found is just a piece of track. He was not even able to drive on it (it would disappear if he tried this). So if you found something new, try and get a pic up, mmm kay?

You are right, lets not argue over this. The only people who will ever know the truth are the people at PD! :)

Edit: It is not a new piece of track, because like HACKr's discovery, it dissapears when I drive over it!

That's how it always goes...the only people who truely know the answer is a handful of programmers and designers on the other side of the world. I've personally visited tons of websites obscure and popular, looking for answers to the questions such as why wasn't the dragstrip included? Why do my cars vanish if i keep using the Machine Tests? I'm fascinated and haven't got much of a life to be honest, so sometimes i go on tangents and read as much GT material as i can.

And the truth is nobody really knows the answer. :indiff: If anyone would know it for sure (other than PD) it would be me or Pupik or someone else who's been around the scene for awhile.

That's how it always goes...the only people who truely know the answer is a handful of programmers and designers on the other side of the world. I've personally visited tons of websites obscure and popular, looking for answers to the questions such as why wasn't the dragstrip included? Why do my cars vanish if i keep using the Machine Tests? I'm fascinated and haven't got much of a life to be honest, so sometimes i go on tangents and read as much GT material as i can.

And the truth is nobody really knows the answer. :indiff: If anyone would know it for sure (other than PD) it would be me or Pupik or someone else who's been around the scene for awhile.

Yeah thats it really. But you know what you said about PD using a different area on the game instead of Laguna Seca, well I think I know why they put it in the same area. Maybe because of memory space, or maybe it's like the driving park, it has a few tracks in one area, like a sports arena if you like, but I'm pretty sure they id this to save memory space! I'm not saying I'm right though, so dont worry, it just an idea! 💡

Nobody's saying you're wrong either. :) A bit off-topic: i just read that CAr & DRiver interview where they talk to Kazunori & some of the PD staff, it had some interesting stuff about early Gt games in there like how Gt got developed in the first place. When the Playstation was new, Polyphony Digital was one of the early studios and Sony wanted PD to make a cartoonish video game to compete with Nintendo's Mario Kart. Kazunori (bless him) had an idea. Instead, he wanted to create a realistic video game based on real cars, but Sony said "well, make the cartoon game first and then we'll see about a realistic one."

So PD created a game called Motor Toon. I've never seen it in my gaming stores, but after it was released to marginal success, Sony allowed PD to make Gran Turismo, not knowing how many copies it would sell! 💡 And now GT is still Sony's biggest cash cow.

Nobody's saying you're wrong either. :) A bit off-topic: i just read that CAr & DRiver interview where they talk to Kazunori & some of the PD staff, it had some interesting stuff about early Gt games in there like how Gt got developed in the first place. When the Playstation was new, Polyphony Digital was one of the early studios and Sony wanted PD to make a cartoonish video game to compete with Nintendo's Mario Kart. Kazunori (bless him) had an idea. Instead, he wanted to create a realistic video game based on real cars, but Sony said "well, make the cartoon game first and then we'll see about a realistic one."

So PD created a game called Motor Toon. I've never seen it in my gaming stores, but after it was released to marginal success, Sony allowed PD to make Gran Turismo, not knowing how many copies it would sell! 💡 And now GT is still Sony's biggest cash cow.

I've heard of Motor Toon. I read about it on Wikipedia, but it cant be anywhere near as good as GT!

I've heard of Motor Toon. I read about it on Wikipedia, but it cant be anywhere near as good as GT!

Yeah, i doubt it's a very good game, but it's supposed to have the same basic progamming as Gt games; in a way, it's like MT was good for Kazunori to create (even tho he wanted to just dive into a realisitic game) because it got the basics down for later GTs.

Yeah, i doubt it's a very good game, but it's supposed to have the same basic progamming as Gt games; in a way, it's like MT was good for Kazunori to create (even tho he wanted to just dive into a realisitic game) because it got the basics down for later GTs.

So he used Motor Toon to develop GT, well sort off!

It is either abandoned modelling (why wouldnt they just edit it, or remove it and make it from scratch again? Is one of the only games I know which should have abandoned modelling), but I think it is more some kind of graphical corruption, as I ran into a 1:1 copy of Motorsport Land, and why would they design the same track twice?

You mean, you broke out of motorland, and found antoher version of it, cool! Did it look exactly the same, and could you send post a video or a picture of the 1.1 version!

If Parnelli Bone was right, and it is just abandoned modeling, what could it be abandoned modelling of?

All of the most famous artwork throughout history began as an idea or set of ideas, which turned into a sketch. My theory is: the designer who was creating Laguna Seca began with that peice of track as a template for whatever reason. And then he or she went to create & draw the actual track, perhaps leaving that original peice of track there as a sort of "signature" to his work. Or if not a signature, perhaps it was used as a reference (for color & shading at least...it couldn't be for texture since it disappears when we drive on it) when the actual track was created. In any event, I doubt he or she simply forgot about it, it was definatley left there intentionally. But then again, perhaps it was forgotten 💡. With all the time-restraints the PD staff had to face, it could be that the "lost dragstrip" was actually left behind as a mistake....there certainly are plenty of mistakes in GT2!

Ever hear of an Easter Egg? There was an Atari game back in the early 80's called Adventure. This arguably held the original Easter Egg. Here's some text i cut & pasted cuz i'm too lazy to explain hte entire story again.

On a side note: the concept of the "easter egg" started years ago. Remember the Atari 2600? It was one of the first (if not the first) home-gaming consoles. Nowadays, most games have a list of credits that lists the names of the people who made the game (designers, programmers, etc), but back in those Atari 2600 days (late 70's early 80's) the designers of these early games were not allowed to put their name in the game. Why? I'm guessing because Atari didn't want ego problems between their employees? Or perhaps they wanted a bit of mystery associated with their products? Who knows.

The first easter egg appeared in the AT 2600 game "Adventure". Whoever created Adventure managed to put a hidden room in one of the game's castles. In this room was his name and personal credits. The way to get to this room was to find a hidden "dot" that you would carry into the room via a movable bridge. You could only have a certain number of items (sword, bridge, dragons, keys, and magnet) on the screen at once or something like that, otherwise the trick would not work.

Since the dot was small and round, it became known as the "hidden egg" or easter egg. I can remember being a kid playing Adventure for hours and one day finding this dot that seemed to have no purpose! I didn't know about the hidden room and never found it, either, but i did find the mysterious egg.

You mean, you broke out of motorland, and found antoher version of it, cool! Did it look exactly the same, and could you send post a video or a picture of the 1.1 version!

With 1:1 I meant it was a direct copy of Motorsport Land, I'm using PAL :)

ehxg5.jpg

Back