Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
If I only knew how to tune cars! Not particulary GT2, but in ANY race game i'm at a loss with setups :indiff:
If you know the quirk of spesific game, you can use your tuning knowledge on any racing game, even on real life :).

About going out of track, if you use epsxe to play GT2 you can alter your car 3D position, in other word, you can place your car anywhere.

Regarding setups, I fail to see what does what. I read alot of stuff about it, but I simply cant see what I need to improve to make the car handle better.
Anyway, a 1 sec win is better than a 1 lap win, isnt it?

The GT90 (from what i recall) has a stiff, low suspension. This means at some tracks it will bounce alot. It already is a handful to drive...i was suggesting raising & softening the suspension to make sure it stays on the road as often as it can and not bounce so much.

...then again, a couple years ago, MacRoadster (whereever he may be) totally disagreed with me. He found the stock GT90 settings to be fine. But then, every driver has their own approach to racing and stuff.

This has probably come up before, but one time my brother and I were randomly stuffing around and decided to put the game on a European language. After he got bored with it, I decided to have a look around in GT Mode and found that there's a new manufacturer in the North Town; Vauxhall from the English-language mode has been removed and replaced by Opel.

Here's the catch: I had already completed the Vauxhall Tigra races, but I found the Opel equivalent had not been completed ... is this the answer to the 98.2% glitch?

Sounds like you have a version 1.0 or 1.1 disc...they fixed the total percentage in version 1.2 so that when you complete the game it says 100% instead of 98.2%. The reason for the earlier % mistake is Polyphony Digital was supposed to include drag racing but as we know this never happened.

But go ahead and try the Opel/Vauxhall races in both languages. It should bounce your total percentage. I know in a version 1.2 disc, it's possible to get over 100% if you complete both.

If you know the quirk of spesific game, you can use your tuning knowledge on any racing game, even on real life :).

About going out of track, if you use epsxe to play GT2 you can alter your car 3D position, in other word, you can place your car anywhere.

Hey! Haven't seen you in awhile! :dopey: There's a thread in GT1 by the way--something about playing Gt1 on the computer...you would know the answer.

Ok. I am busy converting cars and track for viper racing now. But still, I love to play GT2 once in a while, miss the sound and how easy we can control car and yet still feel realistic :) .

Aww aint' taht sweet? :sly: :drool: ;) I personally never fell in love with the GT90, but i did date one for about a week or two. Ultimately it didn't work out. I still have fond feelings for the Ford, but a cabernet red Vector W8 Twin Turbo eventually stole my heart :rolleyes:

Nowadays i just play the field :yuck: i'm a playa..a car-gigolo. :dunce:

okay, bad jokes...

Aww aint' taht sweet? :sly: :drool: ;) I personally never fell in love with the GT90, but i did date one for about a week or two. Ultimately it didn't work out. I still have fond feelings for the Ford, but a cabernet red Vector W8 Twin Turbo eventually stole my heart :rolleyes:

Nowadays i just play the field :yuck: i'm a playa..a car-gigolo. :dunce:

okay, bad jokes...

lol, that was great :lol:

EDIT: Off topic but if anyone has a 1.0 version of gt2 and would like to sell it, i'd be glad to purchase it in the future. I don't have any money right now, but when i do, i'd really like to get my hands on a copy.

lol, that was great :lol:

EDIT: Off topic but if anyone has a 1.0 version of gt2 and would like to sell it, i'd be glad to purchase it in the future. I don't have any money right now, but when i do, i'd really like to get my hands on a copy.

That shouldn't be too hard...just go on eBay! or Amazon.com...that's where i got my faulty copy of 1.0. :ouch: There are people who sell and resell these early games...that's what i did...bought it then wound up selling it at my local game store--hoping the guy behind the counter wouldn't go "okay buddy, but is this a 1.0? Hmmm? Did your cars vanish? did your game freeze? Come on.....fess up dude."

That shouldn't be too hard...just go on eBay! or Amazon.com...that's where i got my faulty copy of 1.0. :ouch: There are people who sell and resell these early games...that's what i did...bought it then wound up selling it at my local game store--hoping the guy behind the counter wouldn't go "okay buddy, but is this a 1.0? Hmmm? Did your cars vanish? did your game freeze? Come on.....fess up dude."

I went on ebay but all i didn't find any 1.0 versions. That does make sense though, who would purposely say that there selling a 1.0 copy :lol:

Thats why I asked here. If i buy a copy off ebay, how would i know if it is the 1.0 version until i played it.

I believe I have 1.1, but when I bought it, I didnt even knew there were several versions :dunce:

I believe it still doesnt have the Muscle Cars fixed, and I never came as far to finish the game either. Never had a single bug with it (perhaps its because i'm playing it on my pc, nor I actually save my records).

Now I dont get these bugs, but I do occassionaly into some weird things in GT2, but that is also the charm of GT2.

No, they never fixed the Cuda problem. :(

Here's how you can tell what version you have. I'm typing this from memory since i can't find the relevant thread and don't have much time to get too technical.

Version 1.0:
1. Car wash says 5000 cr. but actually costs 50 credits.

2. When you race Tahiti Maze against the Peugeot 206 it drives into a wall, gets stuck, and sits there the entire race while you buzz way ahead.

3. The Muscle car races are incorrectly labeled (i forget how...it has something to do with the license requirement i think).

4. 98.2% possible instead of 100% when you finish the game.

5. Numerous typos; the most famous being when you enter the first race in the GT300 it says "Grand Valley Bast" instead of Grand Valley East. :dunce:

Version 1.1
1. Car wash still not fixed (i think).

2. Tahiti Maze fixed. The Peugeot completes the entire course.

3. I forget about the muscle car part but i'm pretty sure they fixed it.

4. total percentage still at 98.2%

5. Some typos fixed (including the one listed above at GT300). But they never got all hte typos!

Version 1.2 aka Greatest Hits

Everything listed above has been addressed and fixed.

If anyone has any corrections to this go ahead and post, like i said it may not be 100% accurate. (but it's at least 80%).

Also, you're right...nobody will actually say they've got an early version. the key is to look at the gamebox if it's been displayed on the web. I'll go more into detail on this later...gotta run.....

When in the Dodge Special section, if you go from the Oreca Viper to the Phaeton (why is it even there, you cant buy it :ouch:) the price for the Oreca is 1,000,000 ,when you go to the Phaeton and it is still 'loadig' (only half a second or so), the price changes to 100,000.
And when its done loading, the Phaeton has no price.

:dunce:

naamloosbp0.jpg

I noticed that the High Speed Ring is named the High Speed LINK on some screens. I don't really know what version I've got but I bought it a while ago.

If you guys ever do a manufaturer race (or Event Generator) at Autumn Ring, you may notice half the grandstands where the "people" sit will be missing!

When in the Dodge Special section, if you go from the Oreca Viper to the Phaeton (why is it even there, you cant buy it :ouch:) the price for the Oreca is 1,000,000 ,when you go to the Phaeton and it is still 'loadig' (only half a second or so), the price changes to 100,000.
And when its done loading, the Phaeton has no price.

All unbuyable cars actually do that, I guess the way the code is structured the condition to blank out the price only runs after the car is rendered. At least it's good for deciding which races win you the most money, including car sales.

I presume everyone has seen the unfinished track? It's quite easy to access through AR/GS track-changing codes. IIRC there's also a short section of some incomplete real-life circuit in with the license test tracks, I'll have to see if I can recall which one.

One last thing, that may or may not fit this topic, is an old hoax of mine, when GT2 was more popular. It's not actually Photoshopped, I simply bought a load of used cars then ran through memory editing their names, hence why some are abbreviated (F1 was originally Ka, for example).

IIRC there's also a short section of some incomplete real-life circuit in with the license test tracks, I'll have to see if I can recall which one.
The license test (I think there's two of them) where you start downhill on a curvy straight, then head uphill to a blind left turn immediately at the top of the hill, is a segment of the Spa circuit. The apparent code-name in the game for that course is L_Eau-Rouge, since that's the name of that famous corner.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197469/6972

(Navigate from http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/ to "GT2 License Guide" to avoid referrer checks)

reminds me that that course is featured in IA-2 with a Griffith, and IA-10 with a Toyota GT-ONE.

The license test (I think there's two of them) where you start downhill on a curvy straight, then head uphill to a blind left turn immediately at the top of the hill, is a segment of the Spa circuit. The apparent code-name in the game for that course is L_Eau-Rouge, since that's the name of that famous corner.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197469/6972

(Navigate from http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/ to "GT2 License Guide" to avoid referrer checks)

reminds me that that course is featured in IA-2 with a Griffith, and IA-10 with a Toyota GT-ONE.

Yep. My favoite 2 license tests there.

If you guys ever do a manufaturer race (or Event Generator) at Autumn Ring, you may notice half the grandstands where the "people" sit will be missing!
Manufacturer and Event generator races use tracks that have no billboards, I've discovered. The random track generation of both these types of events use the same circuits, but with little to no advertisement hoardings. Autumn Ring looks a lot cleaner in some places!

i remember seeing the dissapering track at laguna seca a long long time ago

the only way to get through the wall is to use a high power 4wd car my r34 gt-r did it
i had the V1.2 greatest hits
my brother hacked the escudo to have more grip made things alot ezer
he has no idea how to do it anymore
but he was using a vary dangerous way to edit the game (editing raw computer memory) we used to hack every thing in that game but in all that hacking ive never come across the dragrace option in arcade mode thats a new one...

this is my first time logging in to gtp in like 5 years so ive missed alot
trying to catch up

-rich

i remember seeing the dissapering track at laguna seca a long long time ago

the only way to get through the wall is to use a high power 4wd car my r34 gt-r did it
i had the V1.2 greatest hits
my brother hacked the escudo to have more grip made things alot ezer
he has no idea how to do it anymore
but he was using a vary dangerous way to edit the game (editing raw computer memory) we used to hack every thing in that game but in all that hacking ive never come across the dragrace option in arcade mode thats a new one...

this is my first time logging in to gtp in like 5 years so ive missed alot
trying to catch up

-rich

That's cuz there is no dragracing in GT2. It's funny how it's been seven years since the game came out and we're still discussing all this! :dunce:

What site is this??

Oh and this thread is very intresting 👍

I think what Mcloud was trying to say was
"The false McClaren code is on every cheat site
which means you can get it anywhere that has GT2 codes.

He used the word "very" instead of "every" and he's not here anymore anyways to answer your question. :(

Latest Posts

Back