Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
Nah go ahead if you've started already :3 Try putting some colors onto the wheels, they could have a shape. The Nismo GTR-LM also has white wheels, but i put colors in the palette slot and aparently, it has the same wheels that the beta Corvette C3 Stingray :embarrassed:

Wow, then maybe the cosmo spoiler might be possible to place back ingame....... wishful thinking

I was in search about the stats of the hidden car on Gran Turismo 2 1.0 JP Simulation mode, and i found 2 Acura NSX that i'm sure i don't remember in the others games.

Acura Nsx 3.0 L '97 is the most slow and sad NSX i have see in game, it's a class B car.

Acura Nsx 3.2 L '90 is the most powerfull NSX i have see in game. It's a class A car.

Last edited:
I knew about those NSX. I found the engine of the 3.0 260hp by chance when i was making my list of IDs for my engine and drivetrain swapping codes. I liked it because with the lower revving, it sounded closer to GT1's NSX models. :P

@B_rad88! The spoiler can definitely be made visible in game, but without modifying the 3d, it's not gonna look good.

Last edited:
I knew about those NSX. I found the engine of the 3.0 260hp by chance when i was making my lost of IDs for my engine and drivetrain swapping codes. I liked it because with the lower revving, it sounded closer to GT1's NSX models. :P

@B_rad88! The spoiler can definitely be made visible in game, but without modifying the 3d, it's not gonna look good.

Yeah I know the mesh (.c_o) would have to be modded. But if we can figure out how to read the mesh in hex then we can. I've been tring to read the mesh in hex, off and on, but no luck with patterns or anything.

Speaking of sounds, have you updated any to the gt2 list? I thought I figured out a few, but when I changed them, it wasn't the car I thought it was, and because its not the car I thought, I lost them........ ugh.

And the other day you mentioned "z-fighting", then this happened to me right after......

Screenshot_2017-08-30-05-53-39.png

Screenshot_2017-08-30-05-51-56.png

I know its common, but I thought its funny even the track "z-fights"!

Oh the cap to cars added to directory as "extra" cars is like 10 or so........ damnit gotta go back and recheck my sheet.....

Everyone, that Calibra race car isn't a mod, thats a beta car from the 2nd build I think. Total stock oem!

A New Day, A New Mod:

Standard custom GT90 nameplate

Screenshot_2017-08-18-03-40-22.png

Standard Custom M12 nameplate

Screenshot_2017-08-15-03-20-11.png

ALSO INCLUDED: a .txt file from psicture from "snailrush" about the gt2 plugin. It talks about viewing car textures, and other stuff. If anyone wants it, here it is!

I hope you all enjoy!
Thank You,
B_Rad88

Hurricane Irma gets closer!!!! FUN!
(And now a 3rd storm in the gulf? Wtf?)

EDIT: (and if anyone has caught on, I'm releasing a mod a day, or atleast tring to!)(20 days til my B-day!!!)

Attachments

• GT90 Nameplate.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Vector M12 Nameplate.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 10
  • PSi_GT2.TXT
    4.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hum......

Well thats just the white one for now.....

And Shhhhhh......... don't give away another...... oh well, lol....... here is a few more teaser pictures!

View attachment 671193
View attachment 671194

I beat you to it bro :P lol,.... but the hardest part is left..... you want to have a go at it?

EDIT: notice its a different beta body..... no wheels and it has fog lights........

So... since it appears you added a color to the beta Pulsar VZ-R N1, I kinda have another request for you...

The Peugeot 306 S16 RM... I like the red color scheme from the beta, however my problem with it is the lack of LODs...
306.png

So if you could take the final 306 S16 RM, add the red color scheme, and give it proper LOD textures, that would be amazing.

@NoGoodNames Won't be possible. I just looked at it and the mapping on the LOD1 doesn't match the textures'LOD1 textures (and i'm guessing it could also not match on the LOD2 by extension). So even if you give color to the LOD1, it'll be ascrambled mess.
Also, considering you're working with palette colors, changing a color changes wherever it appears, so it usually affects both LOD0 and 1 and maybe even 2 (it did for the GTR-LM I changed, but I realised afterwards that the LOD2 of the Viper RT/10 in yellow still shows up as Orange at night)

You'd be better off replacing the standard color by the red one on the final model, as (i've checked that too) every other 306 in the demos has a messed up mapping on the LOD1.

@B_rad88! Heh, yeah well in that particular case, the "z-fighting" is actually just because the plane on which the taillights's texture is applied on is extending a little too far back compared to the car's collision, and so it goes through the barrier.
As for the barriers and trees being visible through, that's just a rendering glitch, they're clearly behind the track boundaries.

Dude, if you manage to hex mod a 3d file, you'll be a god. Because I think what you should find are coordinates to every vertex that makes up the car, and also somewhere are going to be mapping coordinates (that don't need to be modded, because the spoiler is mapped already). The spoiler must be made of at least 10 vertices, possibly 12-13 maybe, I haven't counted, so yeah. I really don't think it'll be possible (easily at least).

I wish Zmodeler could export as .C_O ... it can open them, why not save them? :C

So... since it appears you added a color to the beta Pulsar VZ-R N1, I kinda have another request for you...

The Peugeot 306 S16 RM... I like the red color scheme from the beta, however my problem with it is the lack of LODs...
View attachment 671288
So if you could take the final 306 S16 RM, add the red color scheme, and give it proper LOD textures, that would be amazing.

Yeah as submaniac93 said, you would be better off using the red final version.

But thats not saying I won't, lets just experiment......, lol, ....... this is a new project..... restoration of textures........ total new ground, I've only done it twice, the beta pulsar, and mazda 323 rally car has messed up front bumper night time texture....... but I can't get the lights to appear normal, they keep dimming out like "smoked" lights.

And speaking of lod missing, the beta toms angle t01 doesn't have a lod either. And I also think the pronto spyder beta doesn't have one either. The beta pronto spyder is missing some of the texture for the side mirrors..........

@NoGoodNames Won't be possible. I just looked at it and the mapping on the LOD1 doesn't match the textures'LOD1 textures (and i'm guessing it could also not match on the LOD2 by extension). So even if you give color to the LOD1, it'll be ascrambled mess.
Also, considering you're working with palette colors, changing a color changes wherever it appears, so it usually affects both LOD0 and 1 and maybe even 2 (it did for the GTR-LM I changed, but I realised afterwards that the LOD2 of the Viper RT/10 in yellow still shows up as Orange at night)

You'd be better off replacing the standard color by the red one on the final model, as (i've checked that too) every other 306 in the demos has a messed up mapping on the LOD1.

@B_rad88! Heh, yeah well in that particular case, the "z-fighting" is actually just because the plane on which the taillights's texture is applied on is extending a little too far back compared to the car's collision, and so it goes through the barrier.
As for the barriers and trees being visible through, that's just a rendering glitch, they're clearly behind the track boundaries.

Dude, if you manage to hex mod a 3d file, you'll be a god. Because I think what you should find are coordinates to every vertex that makes up the car, and also somewhere are going to be mapping coordinates (that don't need to be modded, because the spoiler is mapped already). The spoiler must be made of at least 10 vertices, possibly 12-13 maybe, I haven't counted, so yeah. I really don't think it'll be possible (easily at least).

I wish Zmodeler could export as .C_O ... it can open them, why not save them? :C

Um, hum...... so its not possible to apply a lod texture from a final to a beta? Damn, I was hoping to fix the toms angle t01 .......

Speaking of your viper...... I was gonna tell you in a pm, but since you brought it up, the yellow is giving me issues, it didn't show during roma full course with roma night skybox, just the orange. Like example as the beta gts coupe only showing as red.........

And yeah, I know that they are behind track barriers, but its still funny. Thats the biggest problem to me of gt2 is the lack of rendering. Example the cars aren't as clean and crisp as gt1 cars.

I've been tring to read and study the mesh, but I'm not having much luck...... and I haven't even tried modding the meshes yet. Honestly I like to know is what vertices or point is located in what spot. Like the gt2carviewer shows the vertices and points....... but I don't know there "coordinate" locations. And its not easy...... because I don't know where to start....... beside I do have an old 2001 gt2 body mod manual about gameshark body modding. And thats the only reference I have.

Does anyone talks to Leo "gt2carviewer creator"? I would like to pick his brain!

And would it be possible to make a export plugin for zmodeler? I'm not a programmer so I have no clue....... I figured gt2 mod stuff out by just experimenting. Thats another reason I included the Psicture gt2 plugin .txt file, is so others can figure out the texture files too......

(Side note: I figured out how to make billboards, walls, fences, signs, ect. Invisible on tracks. The "barriers" are still there, and sadly you still can't drive thru them unless you wall-break, but they will appear clear! Ever wanted to see whats behind that wall?)

Last edited:
Yeah, you can try and hex edit the missing LOD textures, but because the LOD 3Dthemselves aren't mapped properly, you won't get a nice result. GT textures are made so that the texture sheet has space for every LOD variant, but on the 306 beta, the LOD1's mapping is incorrect, and so some stuff goes onto high res things, while others just aren't correctly positioned etc. Just look at it in the viewer and you'll see what I mean. Plus, whatever is mapped on the LOD of the 306 is clearly not event rendered otherwise we wouldn't see a black model. We'd see some colors, or even part of the texture on some places.

Yeah I realised afterwards that the night LOD2 (super low poly) of the viper is orange for some reason. I guess the yellow used on it is different, or I missed it when replacing.
I've also not tried any of the color mods i've done in game (apart from looking at the viper in the showroom).

What do you mean by GT1 having crisper cars? Most of GT1's models haven't been touched when ported to GT2, and GT2 has higher poly counts and better texturing overall...?

I wish i'd know programming too, so that I could help, unfortunately, i'm useless in that way ^^'

And nice, you'll have to share a few screens if you find anything cool :D

@submaniac93 ok, gotcha! And I wasn't meaning you cars, I was saying to me the detail of gt1 is cleaner and crisper than the cars of gt2.

Sorry guys for random chat, and sorry as I have to stop for a little while, plus power outage cause of the storm is inevitable. I have to spend the next 2 days prepping for Hurricane Irma!

At the momnet its a category 5. With winds of 175mph........ already warnings of heavy flooding and storm serge of 20ft waves!!!!! State of Florida has declared state of emergancy, and is manditory evacuation of all coastal areas, and islands (which I live on a coastal barrier island! Space coast for the win!) Among much more.

If anyone is curious about the hurricane, or anything, My local News 13 is my local news station.

Interactive online hurricane tracker:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/weather/hurricane-center.html#interactivetracker

trop_5_position_forecast.jpg

It looks like its going to right on top of me!!!

I'm not leaving. I'm staying behind. Ride it out! Its not the first hurricane I rode out. As that one song went "WE AREN'T GONNA TAKE IT" as I fist pump the air, lmao!

Have fun everyone! Enjoy your nice weather! And good luck and best wishes to any other Floridians or Caribbean islanders on here thats dealing with this storm!

Thank You All,
B_Rad88

(P.s. I'll try to be outside in it to try to make a video........)

@submaniac93 ok, gotcha! And I wasn't meaning you cars, I was saying to me the detail of gt1 is cleaner and crisper than the cars of gt2.

Sorry guys for random chat, and sorry as I have to stop for a little while, plus power outage cause of the storm is inevitable. I have to spend the next 2 days prepping for Hurricane Irma!

At the momnet its a category 5. With winds of 175mph........ already warnings of heavy flooding and storm serge of 20ft waves!!!!! State of Florida has declared state of emergancy, and is manditory evacuation of all coastal areas, and islands (which I live on a coastal barrier island! Space coast for the win!) Among much more.

If anyone is curious about the hurricane, or anything, My local News 13 is my local news station.

Interactive online hurricane tracker:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/weather/hurricane-center.html#interactivetracker

View attachment 671467

It looks like its going to right on top of me!!!

I'm not leaving. I'm staying behind. Ride it out! Its not the first hurricane I rode out. As that one song went "WE AREN'T GONNA TAKE IT" as I fist pump the air, lmao!

Have fun everyone! Enjoy your nice weather! And good luck and best wishes to any other Floridians or Caribbean islanders on here thats dealing with this storm!

Thank You All,
B_Rad88

(P.s. I'll try to be outside in it to try to make a video........)
Please try to be as safe as you possibly can!

You have to have access to the file called GT2.VOL that is present on every build of GT2 (demos and final game). So either you put the disc into your drive and use it that way, or you can copy the file onto your PC for later use without the disc.
But yeah, the files are not included with it.

My PC doesn't have a disc drive...

But, I got the Demo file you posted a few pages back:

I've converted the whole medium build GT2 demo (from GT2 Official U.S. PSM Demo Disc 46 (USA))
You can view them on GT2 car viewer, and I think they should work if you replace GT2 models directly, if you want to make a mod.

[Medium Build]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wsqq81jd4lj7foe/GT2_Official_U.S._PSM_Demo_Disc_46_(USA)_MODELS.7z

Edit: @MMRivit I used the list of placeholders you gave me for this one, however I just started to go through a late build (Test Drive demo) and I already see 2 mistakes right off the start (because they're part of cars I extracted before I started going through the demos):
a222n RX-7 FB
a28sr RX7 '98 RS RM

Both are listed as placeholders in your list, but they are present on that demo. So either the demo is an even later build, or your list is wrong ^^'

Anyway, because of that i'm gonna have to check the cars I've skipped using your list for the OPSM Demo 46 medium build so that I'm sure I haven't missed anything.

For now i'm gonna go through the Test Drive demo in full and i'll come back to the medium demo after.

EDIT2: maybe the list isn't wrong after all... weird. Whatever, i'm still going through it all x)
EDIT3 (I will stop making these edits, I swear): Well there are still some mistakes. bistr (Lister Storm RM) is present in the build, not a placeholder.

EDIT4: Alright, here's the updated, full car list of the GT2 Test Drive demo. It's the same link as previously, I just updated the file.
[Late Build]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4cbnnafg0nz45a/GT2_Test_Drive_DEMO_MODELS.7z

I'm adding the Early build demo file that I posted previously here too so that you all can find everything on one post instead of having to look everywhere.
[Early Build]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9q121oki5cvxqg/GT2_Official_U.S._PSM_Demo_Disc_27_(USA)_MODELS.7z

Another question, how do I get the textures?

If you want the textures as .TGA, in the viewer select the car you want, check it, and click the Export Checked button. You'll have the 3d model and a .TGA per color.

If you want the original textures in their .cdp / .cnp format, then choose whatever car you want to look at (not in the viewer) and with 7zip, extract the file you want.

You'll need 7zip because it can recompress into .gz when winrar can't.

Really interesting... Do you happen to know of any other tracks that have more track than they show?

I've been able to run every license track by exploring both inside and outside. Check is the only one to have a track inside. And it is also the only one who seems to have evolved! :)

The next section of cars I went through on the Test Drive Disc today came from Mitsubishi. There's a few interesting things, but not much.

The GTO SL '99 was another GTO SR originally:
Screenshot_20170909-094631.png
Screenshot_20170909-094640.png

Also, the demo's secondary placeholder car is the Mitsubishi Galant VR-G Touring '96:
Screenshot_20170909-095605.png

The name of the hidden Lancer rally car from the final game was the EvoV WRC Winfield originally... Winfield is a cigarette company if I'm not mistaken, so I wonder why it was changed! :P
Screenshot_20170909-095942.png

Screenshot_20170909-095951.png

Did the Lancer Evolution V RS have the GSR's reverse lights in the final game? Because they are missing here.
Screenshot_20170909-100035.png

The Evolution VI Rally Car name has a typo (called the Evolution IV here). Also, it is apparently based off the RS model as well.
Screenshot_20170909-100106.png

This is the Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 '97, with the early, more boxier body.
Screenshot_20170909-100315.png

Does anyone know what VR-II stands for in the Pajero Mini '97's name? Version II?
Screenshot_20170909-100712.png

Can I please request a track i.d. list?

@NoGoodNames , like the 3000gt vr-4, or galant vr-4, I think it means vr-2 since its a kei suv.

And nice aspec ratio on the legnum wagon as it looks like a hearse!

Can't believe I'm nearing the end of GT2 Test Drive car roster research... here's the rest of Toyota, and I also went through Tom's and TRD, although I didn't find anything there.

The Toyota 2000GT '68 was a 1967 model in the beta:
Screenshot_20170911-161533.png

The Tom's 280T Altezza was apparently tuned by Netz originally?
Screenshot_20170911-161657.png

Screenshot_20170911-161702.png

Here's a weird name for the Celica '84, although I already suspect this is a JDM nameplate:
Screenshot_20170911-162017.png

Screenshot_20170911-162022.png

Here's another possible JDM name, the Toyota Celica SS-III '97:
Screenshot_20170911-162123.png

The Toyota XYR was apparently going to have a production version in the game, but was replaced by the '99 Celica SS-II:
Screenshot_20170911-162519.png

Screenshot_20170911-162524.png

And I also made a video of this car a while back too:

The reason it was changed was probably because the XYR version of the Celica never made it to production.

The MR-Spider '96 has a very different logo too:
Screenshot_20170911-163210.png

I'm pretty sure the MR2 1600 G-Limited '86's logo was changed:
Screenshot_20170911-163238.png

And finally, my starter car from the final had a different name:
Screenshot_20170911-164210.png

Here's it the Toyota Supra GT Turbo Limited. I believe this was what it was called in GT1. The final calls it the Toyota Supra Turbo '93.

Winfield was censored because cigarette brands became prohibited in the late 90s. Plus, they most likely lacked the license or something.

The Evo V RS is that way in the final game (same as the Mine's Evo V)

As for the Evo IV WRC, even though the year is wrong, the color square being white makes me thing it could be the name entry for the Evo IV, but applied wrongly.

The Tom's Altezza, it's actually for the RM. The RM has a castrol Netz Livery. I think the logos are still present? Or maybe they're replaced by altezza on the side.

The Celica, yes it's the JDM, real name. XX2800GT. It's called that way on GT4 as well. Notice how the nameplate is missing the T on GT.

Also JDM for the SS-III. The '96 version is called the SS-II.

The XYR Celica is the concept car presented on auto shows, hence why it bacame its own model.

And yeah, that's also the JDM, and real name of the MK3 Supra 3.0.

That Evo IV was actually an Evo VI, the name is just incorrect. That white color square is just a placeholder as the actual car in the demo is the standard Altezza placeholder. In the OPM 27 Demo I have, the early Evo VI duplicate under the "m-nnn" filename is also called an Evo IV on the results screen.

The Celica XYR that I showed you was different to the one you're used to, as the final XYR in the demo is called "CELICA XYR Detroit Show Ver." or something like that. I guess the other one was an updated concept but likely replaced once the 7th gen Celica was unveiled. The Mechanical Sports and Elegant Sports versions were also added later, neither of them exist in the TD demo, as typing in their codes into the car modifier just greets you with the default "(R) RX-7 A-Spec LM Edition" name.

Actually, I guess that's another thing I could do with GT2. Swap the logos on the US version with JPN version logos, so they're more accurate. Well, whenever I have time to do it.

I've done that for a few. It's very easy since every version's nameplates are on any of the regions, you just have to rename a few hundred plates~~

I kinda started that for a few cars already.

The Toyota XYR was apparently going to have a production version in the game, but was replaced by the '99 Celica SS-II:
he reason it was changed was probably because the XYR version of the Celica never made it to production.
Uh no, that's not the case. The Toyota Celica XYR concept was the concept car for the final gen Celica, period. There was no XYR planned, that's just the name Toyota referred to it during the concept stage. The Celica XYR didn't get replaced, it just got updated with the "Detroit Motor Show Version" nameplate attached later on in development.

The Pulsar in 3rd demo build (I guess @B_rad88! used the Test Drive build) has the correct bumper at night, but (as expected from many cars in the demo) no rims.

Also, I've donating rims to other cars; I did so with Audi S4 Avant and BMW E36, using sedan S4 and 323ti Compact as donor rims. In E36's case, I used a real picture as a precedent for using the 323ti Compact rims:

I've planning to do same to even cars in the final version, such as using Castrol/Raybrig NSX rims in '96 Accord RM, for the sake of having the car with green rims like it had on actual car which it's based on, even though the JTCC Accord never ran with a six-spoke rims. I might also modify @B_rad88!'s red-only RM Xsara to have the rims from the final rally car.

Last edited:
@RandomCarGuy17 @submaniac93 Here's a comparison, for those who still don't believe me. The Celica SS-II model still has the other XYR's filename in the final "t2cyn"
Celica Beta vs Final.png

The final version is shown up top, the beta version is on the bottom.

And here's a comparison between the actual XYR and "t2cyn" on the Test Drive Demo. Note the different wheel image.
XYR vs Celica.png

My theory is that the second XYR was used as a placeholder until the actual '99 Celica was revealed in real life. Makes sense, as some cars' RMs on the TD demo are their normal versions used as placeholders.

I might also modify @B_rad88!'s red-only RM Xsara to have the rims from the final rally car.

Tanner D92 did that in one of his GT2 mods:

The Pulsar in 3rd demo build (I guess @B_rad88! used the Test Drive build) has the correct bumper at night, but (as expected from many cars in the demo) no rims.

Also, I've donating rims to other cars; I did so with Audi S4 Avant and BMW E36, using sedan S4 and 323ti Compact as donor rims. In E36's case, I used a real picture as a precedent for using the 323ti Compact rims:

I've planning to do same to even cars in the final version, such as using Castrol/Raybrig NSX rims in '96 Accord RM, for the sake of having the car with green rims like it had on actual car which it's based on, even though the JTCC Accord never ran with a six-spoke rims. I might also modify @B_rad88!'s red-only RM Xsara to have the rims from the final rally car.

Yes I beleave I used the test drive as for the rims..... also other versions 3rd build has fog lights, but test drive version doesn't have them. Noticed both sets of "beta pulsar" pictures posted earlier.

but as @submaniac93 just informed me, the other beta cars with no wheels might still have wheels..... as he discovered classic corvette rims on the beta gtr lm.......

And @tankuroded now curious..... I thought final version was close to the rally car.......

EDIT: update: hurricane Irma storm is over, we just got power back yesturday and water back today. Still in recovery and cleanup from the damages. I'm fine, but sadly my mom's got damaged from storm debris, windshield cracked...... but everyone is ok! Just wanted to let everyone know!

Last edited:
I actually haven't bothered looking at the car names for the hidden cars much, so the Alfa Romeo 155 GTA logo was a shock to me. So, I guess that's what the 155 RM is based on. Note: I might try logo swapping this weekend.

My theory is that the second XYR was used as a placeholder until the actual '99 Celica was revealed in real life. Makes sense, as some cars' RMs on the TD demo are their normal versions used as placeholders.
Yeah, I already knew that.

Back