Same for this one

Attachments

• RX72.png
    RX72.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 47
  • RX72night.png
    RX72night.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 37
Those decals disappearing at night, that might be a result of "z-fighting" as @submaniac93 was talking about few pages back.

I though a decal was missing on a subaru, but its just carviewer having issues with "z-fighting". Another example is the elise tail lights disappeard in carviewer, but thats a result of "z-fighting".

@submaniac93 is the "gt2 3d modeling expert" here and he can probably give a better answer.

The second one appears to be a case of this "Z-Fighting", but the first one is weird because the hood decal appears to entirely disappear at night. (The decal is present on the day textures, but the nighttime)

The second one appears to be a case of this "Z-Fighting", but the first one is weird because the hood decal appears to entirely disappear at night. (The decal is present on the day textures, but the nighttime)

Idk, the subaru I thought I found a beta with missing trunk decal, but nope its carviewer fault with "z-fighting" the decal is there in game.

So that still might be the case...... it could be carviewer not displaying the car properly. The only other car that I know of was in final version that had a major daytime to nightime change is the rx7 gtc race car with widebody during day and normal "skinny" body at night.

The only other issues I have found is missing body parts on betas, but as submaniac93 told me, they could still be there.......

The hood deal simply isn't there in the night version's texture sheet ;)

Idk, the subaru I thought I found a beta with missing trunk decal, but nope its carviewer fault with "z-fighting" the decal is there in game.

So that still might be the case...... it could be carviewer not displaying the car properly. The only other car that I know of was in final version that had a major daytime to nightime change is the rx7 gtc race car with widebody during day and normal "skinny" body at night.

The only other issues I have found is missing body parts on betas, but as submaniac93 told me, they could still be there.......
That wide body to skinny body error is just annoying. lol.

The hood deal simply isn't there in the night version's texture sheet ;)

Huh, thats a first! It can/shall be fixed!

That wide body to skinny body error is just annoying. lol.

Yeah, I thought I could do something about it, but nothing good yet. Can't even get a skinny daytime body using the gtc concept road car as a base, ugh. So this one is unknown......

EDIT: lol FRR35H just got me, I realized I listed the garage name file in the wrong folder earlier, as the garage name file "undistrib" is in carpram folder not arcade. Repeat, the garage name file "undistrib" is in carpram folder. Sorry about that. Got things mixed up again.

Last edited:
Anyone remember how we found a lot of unused names referring to some racecars (including but not limited to Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens etc) and such?
Anyone found anything further than names?
Also, another question, is it possible to just load the daytime and nighttime models separately?

The black RX7 RM is not Z-fighting. Just like the red livery, the decal simply isn't there at night. Z-fighting can only occur when the decals are on a polygon separate from the main body, like what can be seen when looking at the RX7 GT-C and GT-C LM night bodies (you can see the floating polygon that has the MAZDASPEED logo on the door).

As for fixing the night skinny body, it's not possible because the base normal car doesn't have the correct decals planes, and could be mapped differentely, I haven't checked. The only way would be to put the day's body at night with night textures, but that means closed headlights.

As for Ferrari, McLaren, Pagani etc. I believe there is nothing more than names. No nameplates, no models, nothing.

Also what do you mean loading night and day separately?

Anyone remember how we found a lot of unused names referring to some racecars (including but not limited to Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens etc) and such?
Anyone found anything further than names?
Also, another question, is it possible to just load the daytime and nighttime models separately?

Yes, is possibile to separate day time and night time models!

I don't think you can force the game to load night models in races, but you can definitely rename the night models into the day models so that they load on day tracks. However that means you won't have day models anymore.

Everyone, i've decided to tidy up my presentation page, and make that page (and especially the 1st post) my "GT contributions". Aka, my mods. Since i'm sure we can't just create a mod thread here, i've added mine there. The link is in my signature from now on, but here as well:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hello-sub93-here-d.341451/

Right now, there are links to a fixed version of the Viper RT/10 with Yellow, and i've added a fully usable Nismo GTR LM Race Mod from GT1.
I gave it the Zexel R33 Skyline GT's wheels. I tried making the black color have the Kure's wheel colors, but although they look like it, the Zexel's and the Kure's wheels don't 100% match and therefore it wasn't possible.

So basically, whenever I make share something in this thread, it'll be posted onto my "Gran Turismo Contributions" Post as well, so that it is findable, something that isn't possible once pages pile up on here.

gtv9bq1pgm16ll56g.jpg

@JamiePL I noticed awhile back you saw some of the 'beta' screenshots in the manual. My thoughts make me think that this B&W one is THE oldest dealership photo from GT2 ever, from the oldest build with a working one. You can see the progression through development via these three in alot of ways- logos, designs, information, etc.

(NSTC-UC Version Manual)
upload_2017-9-17_20-28-21.png

(NSTC-J Version Manual)

upload_2017-9-17_20-21-47.png

(JP Version, Final)

upload_2017-9-17_20-22-5.png

I did actually recreate what the beta menu looked like in the US version's manual awhile ago in Japanese but IMO it doesn't live up to my standards. If anyone wants to see it they can go ahead and PM me.

Also, good luck to all, new and old who have been working on finding beta content. GT2 seemingly never fails to excite me!

B_rad88 and I have been chatting about renaming cars in replays and I will open up a new thread with a quick tutorial on how to easily do it.
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out the way to rename Garage cars yet.
I'll post the link here once I have made the thread.

Careful with your tutorial. Don't be too surprised if your thread gets deleted by the mods. They don't like that we talk about how-to mod the game...

Careful with your tutorial. Don't be too surprised if your thread gets deleted by the mods. They don't like that we talk about how-to mod the game...
Oh, well I just posted it. If it get's pulled down oh well. I tried. It's not like I'm discussing anything that hasn't already been discussed.

How about custom inrace music mod?

Pretty damn cool mod! Another new mod to learn........

Nice one. Xenn has been doing this on GT3 for a few weeks now. It's possible via hex editing (once again lol) a song in place of an other. Pretty nice thing to do.

Modding is back in session! After contacting the creator of that music sound track mod, I now have the info on how-to and also I successfully made a custom inrace music sound track for gt2!

I'm a happy person! Thank you "Zophar" from psxplanet.ru forums for the info and help!

More of the GT2 Test Drive car roster incoming. Here are the cars from two of the greatest Kei car makers in the world, Daihatsu and Suzuki!

WARNING! My knowledge on Kei cars isn't great, just throwing that out there.

The most interesting thing I found was this:
Screenshot_20170921-153516.png

Screenshot_20170921-153520.png

The Daihatsu Storia Rally Car (the one buyable from the Daihatsu special model section) was called the Storia GT originally.

Other interesting finds:

The Suzuki Wagon R '95 was the Wagon R Turbo RT/S '97 at first:
Screenshot_20170921-153925.png

Screenshot_20170921-153929.png

And the '97 Wagon R was a weird one, the Wagon R Column FT:
Screenshot_20170921-153952.png

Screenshot_20170921-153957.png

And a weird one here, the Suzuki Cervo Mode SR-Four '90. On the list of car codes I was using, it was called the Selvo...
Screenshot_20170921-153857.png

Either PD or whoever made that car code list got the model wrong.

And here's just some minor logo differences:

The Suzuki Wagon R RR '98 had more Christmas-like colors in its logo:
Screenshot_20170921-154034.png

And a weird looking logo, this is for the Daihatsu Opti Club Sport 4WD.
Screenshot_20170921-153313.png

It looks like it says "Opti CLub Sport 4WD".

Last edited:
Modding is back in session! After contacting the creator of that music sound track mod, I now have the info on how-to and also I successfully made a custom inrace music sound track for gt2!

I'm a happy person! Thank you "Zophar" from psxplanet.ru forums for the info and help!

This mod is so exciting! New music during races! Its awesome! Figured out the other 2 song locations for a total of 6 songs during race. I also managed to change a few other things too! Still working with it to see whats possible.

Sadly, I can't release this mod in normal fashin when I do release it. It only works as an entire game iso. Haven't tried using "music.dat" swap yet.

@submaniac93 and to anyone else? Just out of curiosity, want gt1 music and select sounds into gt2?

And sorry its been awhile, but back to it:

Custom normal ford gt90 and custom normal vector m12 nameplates!

Get enough likes and I'll leak a few more mods this weekend!

Attachments

• GT90 Nameplate.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Vector M12 Nameplate.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 10
Stop doing this. Like-baiting is not going a good service to the community.

Ok sorry, I won't do it again!

I use it as a judgement on how many people actually appreciate and enjoy my work. But I won't do it again.

EDIT: ok, I'm keepin my word, here is a couple more..... and also in early celebration of my birthday on wednesday, stay tuned for the next few days for special mods!

Here is my totally exclusive and elusive custom "special lm edition" nameplates

Screenshot_2017-08-23-04-33-27.png

Screenshot_2017-08-23-04-57-39.png

The only 2 that I've done like that with the car outline!

I hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• GT90 (Special) Nameplate.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Vector M12 (Special) Nameplate.zip
    5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back