Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
@Sonygamer455 yup infact the first think that i have doed after the wrong loading of the track i have picked my recording program and i have maked a video.

Ps: i hope this time to have right written the tag :)

(OT) @B_rad88! how work this button in the game? It's the first time i see on GT1.

1otx69.png

I'm thinking, because of the buttons graphics, it would possibly be an audio description of the car selected.

Similar thing in GT5 in the Japanese versions, though I guess this idea wasn't used until then.

@Overload_35

I have no clue on how to change gt sim menu graphics......... sorry. It would be cool to use that button, but I wouldn't know how.....

@Submanaic93

sorry I should have asked if its ok to use your Del Sol Lm picture before i made it my desktop background. So I am now asking if its ok to use your Del Sol Lm picture (edited) to use on another project? It deals with gran turismo 2 sim mode.......... Please? And thank you!

And ok, I got it Randomcarguy17, I'll try to remember...... sorry!

@B_rad88! Sure ^^ I mean, it's not like I created everything anyway :P
Just, you know, don't sell it claiming it's your own, that kind of stuff. You're free to do whatever otherwise. What kinda project are you working on? :)

Cool! Thank you! And I gave you credit for the picutre(i.e. put on "Del Sol LM picture made by: Submanaic93" in the bottom right corner) and I don't plan to sell it, if I do share it, it would be exactly that sharing. I did have to cut the picture down to fit though....... ugh.

And sssshhhhhh its a secret, I can't say. Lol. Well I won't say, not until its finished and it works....... then I'll share the details of the project with everyone! I'll send you a pm!

Edit: IT WORKED!!!!!

Details up soon!

Edit again!: has anyone tried to custom make a title screen for gt2? Well I did and it worked!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt2-title-screen-modding.354388/

Also I made it into its own thread since this one is for hidden stuff not for custom stuff.

Last edited:
Started the production of the longest/biggest GT2 Beta showcase video ever, including all the Beta/removed cars from all versions of GT2 and Demos, complete with description for every car so people will be able to know the differences between the beta cars and the final version cars. Even cars with small differences (like one beta colour added or removed) will be included in the video, so it will be complete in any form. I will make the same with tracks in a separate video. Stay tuned!

Thank you! Yeah when you found it first among with the Nismo 270R I was very surprised! So its thanks to your videos that I wanted to research all the demos entirely! :D Can't wait to see if there is another demo/build to explore.

And here we go!

Gran Turismo 2 - Beta/Removed cars - COMPLETE EDITION

Enjoy!

Awesome job @SuperFrizzio 👍

It's fascinating to see all the beta cars in there entirety, just puts it into perspective how many there are :eek:. Would definitely be interested if your doing a similar thing with the left out tracks and other stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the long comment with extra details and model informations! I didnt know all the cars which were basically the same as the GT1's counterparts because I didnt play GT1 much xD I only knew the DB7s and Vipers. Thanks again for the comment!

Nice stuff! Strange that the name of the Volkswagen Polo is present only in the GT mode disc and not in the Arcade disc (viceversa with the [R] Mercedes-Benz CLK Race Car). The Palm Strip test is something we already discovered long time ago, it was probably an early name of Apricot Hill or the deleted Drag Strip circuit.

The hidden Acura LS and GS also have their full names on the NTSC-J versions.

Regarding Palm Strip, I think it's just an early name for Apricot Hill. Maybe the drag strip would take place in the main straight (0.49 miles long, according to the Arcade Mode info) of AH like that A-License test in GT1's Grand Valley and the Pod Race in GTC's SSR5, but I believe that's it.

Back