Season Pass for PC

• Thread starter Ken Pile
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
I would like to buy the season pass for PC2 on PC. All the sales I see online mention Steam. Is it necessary to join steam to get the season pass?

I would think so. There is no physical disk so it would have to be downloaded from somewhere and that seems to be the Steam store. The PC2 website even directs you to Steam.

If there was a game of the year version that included everything that would have been an alternative, but unfortunately they never made one.

So you might just have to give in and join.

I would think so. There is no physical disk so it would have to be downloaded from somewhere and that seems to be the Steam store. The PC2 website even directs you to Steam.

If there was a game of the year version that included everything that would have been an alternative, but unfortunately they never made one.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give Steam and the DLC a miss. I've played it all on PS4 already but I've just ordered a PC so I can try the VR part that is lacking on the PS4 version. I'm hoping the base content of PC2 for PC will be amazing enough in VR to not require the DLC. Thanks again

Thanks for the tip. I'll give Steam and the DLC a miss. I've played it all on PS4 already but I've just ordered a PC so I can try the VR part that is lacking on the PS4 version. I'm hoping the base content of PC2 for PC will be amazing enough in VR to not require the DLC. Thanks again

I use console version and i got the ultimate edition for next to nothing i imported. Model car etc and it had a season pass included. Not sure about pc but psn sell season passes on the psn store cheap. Its a good game and also been advised to use boost mode and the gameplay is alot smoother. I dont see why people on ps4 said it was bad as i find it as realistic as it can be and plus so many settings to choose from it takes a full day to get right balance. Games that want you to do all the tuning and settings are the best as you can tailor it to suit yourself. How good is that? Sony have annoyed me by letting people ruin online gaming and they dont do much, am selling my ps4 soon and stuff and am joining pc gaming and project cars on computer and of course the stunning assetto corsa competizone as it looks great and as gt3 is my prefered class of car it suits my needs.

Theres a game of the year version for ps4 for the original project cars game and its cheap. Never done gaming on computer but i am in a year or so when i can afford one. Console gone to far now and servers keep going down and content wise for console of ps4 project cars 1 and 2 are the winners. Any game developer that adds season passes and content that never ends is a game developer with a great future ahead

Last edited by a moderator:

Unless you are using a pirate copy, I'm pretty sure the base version of PC2 requires steam.

If you are new to PC gaming you may not fully grasp what Steam is/does. I have used Steam since 2006 and haven't had any real problems. Most PC games are Steam based - you are really limiting your choice if you choose to avoid it. Arguably Steam has saved PC gaming.

Last edited:
Unless you are using a pirate copy, I'm pretty sure the base version of PC2 requires steam.

If you are new to PC gaming you may not fully grasp what Steam is/does. I have used Steam since 2006 and haven't had any real problems. Most PC games are Steam based - you are really limiting your choice if you choose to avoid it. Arguably Steam has saved PC gaming.

Thanks for the help. I thought Steam required a subscription but I just found out that it doesn't so I signed up.

You are right, I haven't played games on a PC for 15 years. Are you saying that if I buy PC2 from anywhere but Steam it is probably pirated? Is it not available on a DVD?

Are you saying that if I buy PC2 from anywhere but Steam it is probably pirated? Is it not available on a DVD?

No. I think the DVD is available but it still runs through Steam. It just saves you a big download. The patches come through steam, and steam is used for the hot-lap leaderboards and for on-line racing.

No. I think the DVD is available but it still runs through Steam. The patches come through steam, and steam is used for the hot-lap leaderboards and for on-line racing.

Thanks for veriyying. I get the impression that Steam is only required for online racing. All I need is the ability to play PC2 in VR. which is lacking on my PS4.

If you get PC2 through steam I'd probably wait a few days until the summer sale. Right now deluxe edition is like $90, which includes everything.

Latest Posts

Back