Seasonal 7 up

• Thread starter bigjoe
  • 511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a game where there are cars going for $20 million, a payout of 1.5 mil is not really outrageous at all. That payout being a one time shot once a week, at best, is also far from being a hand out. One is not automatically only interested in credits for disappointment in the lack of the payout in this weeks race update.

One can hardly criticize people for wanting the payout if one just uses a glitch, cheat or alternate means outside of the original game design to circumvent the cash issue.

Fine to all who dupe or trade, that is great. Just know that it is an alternate means and not true to GT5 as it exists. Many of us just want to play the game and have a shot, this year, at earning sufficient cash without replaying the same money-making races for a year. If the game design is such that much of it's content is really not suppose to be attained without cheats, schemes or tricks then I have a problem with that design. Perhaps they reached too far and didn't lay appropriate road to get to the field of dreams.

/\ I like this, each HP over the limit you lose a percent of rewards.....as well using harder tires reward more then racing softs.

I really like where you are going with that.

I am about to buy my 1st Ferrari F1. What is the best handling F1 and the fastest among the two? F10 or F2007?

I bought the F2007 last night over the F2010 based on Stormbringer's report in his ultra-long thread entitled "the best cars according to stormbringer". Here is the link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140008

The F2007 is $12.5 million, while the F2010 is $10 million. I spent the extra $2.5 million because of Stormbringer's report that the F2007 is more driveable than the F2010.

Don't buy the car for the event, buy it because you like the car.. If you don't want it, don't buy it. As you've clearly realized, your not missing anything great. Just some fun racing in insanely fast cars..

I guess that's the disconnect from the previous seasonals. I bought the Ford GT, Alfa Romeo 8C, 350GT Sedan, etc etc all because of their seasonals. <3 the Ford GT now (as I knew I would... just never had a reason to buy it before - as I used a ZR1 for the American Championship, etc). I would have probably gotten around to it eventually anyway after getting the MM trophy, but the huge reward for 1st in that seasonal made it a no brainer.

Besides the X2010 challenge.............. there is very little in this game that is hard.

O you must be under the mistaken impression that time consuming = hard. Well it doesn't.

There's lots of things that are hard in this game. Try beating the Lamborghini and Gallardo events with a completely stock Gallardo.

Just because you CHOOSE to make it easy does not make it easy per se.

My feeling is this: Why would i buy a 12,5 mio car just for 3 races in GT life?
Doesn't make any sence. Is it worth it? Have been saving credits to buy something nice but spending it on a car with which i can only do 3 races.......

I'm really enjoying the new races. You know, It was awesome to earn an incredible amount of XP and Cr., but the best thing about seasonals is that it makes you revisit your GT every week, to play the new races, to see the new cars in OCD. And the new events are great, because it changes that old seasonal formula that we were used to, it's something new, and I really love this "something new".

Anyway, thank you PD for the great replay value in GT5.

wow, 12 races? going to try them out tonight after work. i plan on using my RM cars. will strip away all the HP upgrades and see how competitive the races are.

wow, 12 races? going to try them out tonight after work. i plan on using my RM cars. will strip away all the HP upgrades and see how competitive the races are.

Don't use your RM cars unless you want a walk in the park. These races are all basically carbon copies of the FF/FR/AWD races from A-Spec, with road cars. Nothing special at all.

The 3 constants in the universe: Death, Taxes, and whining about GT5

The big payouts of the previous seasonal events were fun while they lasted, I admit it, but I have no problems with the current format. They gave us more races, after all. And you do the races for fun and because you like to race - padding your credits or XP is secondary.

👍

The events are fun, but I wish they'd bring back the higher xp and cr payouts. I'd rather progress in the game through conquering multiple unique events than racing the same ones over and over.

Besides the X2010 challenge.............. there is very little in this game that is hard.

O you must be under the mistaken impression that time consuming = hard. Well it doesn't.

Exactly where in any of my post have I said the AI was challenging or hard??? pull your head out of your butt man.. I don't consider AI a challenge at all, i consider it a learning tool for people that don't know how to brake and drive around other cars with out smashing and bashing so they can actually compete online.

Anyone noticed there is a bug when opening the Seasonal Event 7 screens? For instance when I completed the first FF race, I went back to the Seasonal Event screen but now I clicked on FR and all the FF races were there, it showed I won the Deep Forest one. Then I exited and went back to Seasonal Events and now a similar thing happened when I looked at 4WD - the FR races popped up there. Another exit and then it was normal again, pretty weird.

Just did the FR challenge on Cape Ring with a stock premium Nissan 300 ZX with Comfort Soft tires, lots of work but managed to finish 2nd off by 3 secs from number 1. Sports Hard should make it quite a bit easier to nail that one.

That's not really a bug with season events 7, i've had times in all of the past events where i either click n stuff to fast and it would say something like "No seasonal events found." or even changing between events 4 and 5 to fast and Season 5 would load up Season 4 events.. would back out, wait a 1 sec, then go back in and all was fine. So yes there is a little quirk there.

Well I have completed most of these already which is nice. Had some good fun with them. Now I just hope I will be able to get a ferrari in time to do the F1 races.

SimonK: thanks for the heads up. i'll go with non-RM cars after work. racing soft tires overkill too? sport or comfort tires?

SimonK: thanks for the heads up. i'll go with non-RM cars after work. racing soft tires overkill too? sport or comfort tires?

Racing Soft tires would definitely be overkill, I haven't checked all the replays, but for the FF races it seems like all Sports Hard. On the first 4WD race its mostly Sports Hard, Lead AI running Sport Soft, and a few random cars running Comfort Soft.

I think they should add like 20-50 new races to aspec and b spec
or 10 new races per lvl
and change the seasonal back to how they were

The first 3 groups of races are a bit too easy even with a car with 50-100 less hp than the AI but still kinda fun.

The first F10 race is challenging and very fun. It took 5 attempts to get the brake bias and downforce set and to get used to the car. I am looking forward to the other two races.

The F1 races are pretty cool, but the AI seriously sucks. Not even trying to get fast laptimes and I easily win these races (with the race hard tyres it comes with). They use their brakes very early, can gain a lot of time in pretty much every corner.

that's been one of the very annoying things about gt5, in gt4 and gt3 you could get the prize car over and over, and sell it over and over (also you got some prize cars that were very good to sell) i would b-spec run the german touring car series in gt4 over and over, get about 300k in prize money and 1.2 mill on the prize car. made for much much faster grinding.... made money much less the limiting factor.... now it's money and 'experience' which for b spec is good, but for a-spec is weak.

i want more LMP and LMS cars and select older cars just because they are fun and add variety, (the 787 drives much differently than the gt-1 for instance) but now it's just drudgery. I can't even DO the endurance races until i play for (at this rate now) probably over a year...

also, needs more f1 cars, about 10 or so over the years, would be very nice... (remembering back to gt3)

basically gt5 creates excessive roadblocks that prevent me from enjoying the game as much as i would otherwise.

the ideal situation would be a few short series like these, with moderately improved credit and xp payouts, (and a prize car?) a few restricted races and unrestricted with higher payouts but less variability, or a hybrid, where by meeting certain restrictions you get a high payout / prize. and if you don't you get less.

shrug, there are decent arguments on both sides. i'm somewhat happy that we have SOMETHING vs NOTHING. but sad to have to grind to get fun rides / be able to actually race in something....

what? no top $$$$$ for my racing? I quit!

This is why I never watch Televised 'professional' sports.

I really like the fact that PD is experimenting with different types of seasonal events. Out of the two types we had so far, I liked the first one better.
These events aren't bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back