Seasonal 7 up

• Thread starter bigjoe
  • 511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticed there is a bug when opening the Seasonal Event 7 screens? For instance when I completed the first FF race, I went back to the Seasonal Event screen but now I clicked on FR and all the FF races were there, it showed I won the Deep Forest one. Then I exited and went back to Seasonal Events and now a similar thing happened when I looked at 4WD - the FR races popped up there. Another exit and then it was normal again, pretty weird.

Just did the FR challenge on Cape Ring with a stock premium Nissan 300 ZX with Comfort Soft tires, lots of work but managed to finish 2nd off by 3 secs from number 1. Sports Hard should make it quite a bit easier to nail that one.

+1 There is no need to grind through the game, there are enough ways to get the exp you need to not race a single event more than once, as long as you only get (for the most part) the cars you need.

Agreed I'm at level 32 A spec and have done 0 grinding, I have reapeated a lot of races that I enjoy, but zero grinding.

Hear hear, GT5 has a massive community who are happy to help you. If you need a particular car all you have to do is ask. Me and my friends just gift cars to each other for certain events and they send them back when they have finished. I won the Toyota 7, used it for the historic racing cup then passed it onto my mate who did the same and so on and then eventually it arrives back?

How does that help with XP? I'm currently level 32 with everything open to me done, and I'm circa 400,000XP short of level 33 for the next race. I have no option but to grind to get that, there is nothing left for me to do.

Take a look at GTPlanet's feedback forum. What is the second highest requested feature for the game? More Race Events

THAT is exactly what PD has given us this week, and have even presented them as categorized A-Spec events. Add to that a superb F1 event, and you've got a healthy dose of icing on the cake. I think the new seasonal events are the best of the lot!

yeah, but we wanted more NEW events, not one new one and the rest rehashed versions of A-Spec races we already have.

Agreed I'm at level 32 A spec and have done 0 grinding, I have reapeated a lot of races that I enjoy, but zero grinding.

Even if you enjoy it, repeating an event through neccesity of having nothing else to do at your current level is grinding. It might be fun grinding, but it's grinding.

Question
Why are the ferrari F1 One-Make Races harder then those from seasonal events ??

reason why i ask is cause i won the seasonal F1 challenge -_-
But i could never beat the ferrari F1s in The one-Make Races ? _-_

I'm glad to see the Seasonal 7 Challenges 👍 I do agree with some that the payout is on the low side, but the competition is easy and they are new and fresh races. In particular I've been wondering where a 4WD class of races have been [reminiscing about GT4]

Thanks PD :)

+1 There is no need to grind through the game, there are enough ways to get the exp you need to not race a single event more than once, as long as you only get (for the most part) the cars you need.

Read it again!
I didnt once mention anything about grinding for XP I said its about grinding 44 races just to earn 1 5 million car to play online with friends without duping...and what goods only getting the cars you need when you may have to buy some for single event online games with your friends sheesh!

Even if you enjoy it, repeating an event through neccesity of having nothing else to do at your current level is grinding. It might be fun grinding, but it's grinding.
He didn't say anything about "necessity of having nothing else to do". You just assumed that.

He said he had repeated events he enjoyed which is nothing to do with grinding.

Maybe I just don't get the comments regarding grinding because I have two level 80 characters in Warcraft and played EverQuest for 5 years! Wait till you've spent 12 hours in Warrior or Raider rooms of Highkeep Hold killing Gnolls for 12 hours just to make half a level of exp. Then you'll understand what grinding is.

Sony has the numbers to show that most people spent all there earned cash from the last seasonal events on cars and tuning(used cars need to be rebuilt). So they decide to pretty much put a strangle hold for this month so they get more ware out of the game. Guess it's kinda gimmicky but if they keep this up most people won't be happy. I was looking forward to the huge prize money for upgrades but guess I''ll be waiting another 2 weeks for that as these events are completely useless wastes of time. Does anyone have a Ferrari F10 I know I don't cause I didn't spend 12 mil creds on one car duh!

Last edited:
Sony has the numbers to show that most people spent all there earned cash from the last seasonal events on cars and tuning(used cars need to be rebuilt). So they decide to pretty much put a strangle hold for this month so they get more ware out of the game. Guess it's kinda gimmicky but if they keep this up most people won't be happy. I was looking forward to the huge prize money for upgrades but guess I''ll be waiting another 2 weeks for that as these events are completely useless wastes of time. Does anyone have a Ferrari F10 I know I don't cause I didn't spend 12 mil creds on one car duh!

Sony keeps track of what i spend my money on? Any proof of that?

ironic, i wouldn't have minded spending 12million if i knew there would be any rate of return. looks like its back to completing an event and being given 50p and a half eaten snickers as a reward...

As Rylan said, I certainly havn't repeated any races out of necessity as I have never wanted to level up for any real reason since very early in the game, and when I say reapeat races I enjoy, I mean for example I might do the ferrari challenge in an Enzo then a week later I might go back because I have bought a 599 and do it again. Realistically I'd be surprised if I have done any 1 race more than 5 times, and the only enduro I have repeated is the Grand valley one because I like the track.
this definitely is not grinding, and certainly not mind numbing crap I hear about on here about round and round indy all day.

No I don't have proof but If I was the owner of a multi billion dollar company
and I wanted to track trends of what gamers do online. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hardest thing to get.

Last edited:
As Rylan said, I certainly havn't repeated any races out of necessity as I have never wanted to level up for any real reason since very early in the game, and when I say reapeat races I enjoy, I mean for example I might do the ferrari challenge in an Enzo then a week later I might go back because I have bought a 599 and do it again. Realistically I'd be surprised if I have done any 1 race more than 5 times, and the only enduro I have repeated is the Grand valley one because I like the track.
this definitely is not grinding, and certainly not mind numbing crap I hear about on here about round and round indy all day.

I'd have to agree here. For YOU, it's not grinding. :)

And duping cars means I never have to grind for cash either, but My B Spec is level 39 so Bob always keeps my bank account full anyway.

Don't really know anything about duping. And Payne is doing my grinding as we speak. Just wished I wouldn't have to walk over every 15 minutes to tell him to start the next race.

It appears as though the seasonals came with an unwanted update (well, at least I didn't want it).

I can no longer adjust the traction control via the RA menu in any race mode, including the practice menu events. :(

Normally this isn't a big deal for me, but I do use that feature in endurance races to squeeze a bit more life out of my tires.

I msut admit, I am firmly in the half of people who just don't get what the point of the new seasonal events are.

I thought that Polyphony released the original seasonal events to give you a once a week chance to make some money, and gain some experience so that you can level up and/or get the cars you wanted.

What we have now, is extra A-spec races, but with no prize cars.

And I'm not sure if I can be bothered spending upwards of 5 hours grinding Indianapolis to buy a Ferrari F1 car, to get no reward for the races you do in it!

This is pretty much how i feel, i didn't whine last week when PD missed out a week and at the time i didn't think we would see more for a few weeks, it is nice to see more A-Spec content but with such low credit and exp rewards they are not worth doing at a high level. The same goes for the limited two or three endurance events that are possible to do for someone with a life.

I have done (and got Gold on) almost everything i want on liscences, specials and in A-Spec, B-Sec is ok but i want to race myself not watch someone else do it (badly). Online is great fun but it would be nice to be able to get some decent credits from somewhere to get those really expensive cars without having to grind Indy endlessly. Duping and trading should not have to be a solution for those of us who don't want to do these things.

Don't really know anything about duping. And Payne is doing my grinding as we speak. Just wished I wouldn't have to walk over every 15 minutes to tell him to start the next race.

In a nutshell duping means you can have any car you want free, just takes a very small amount of effort.

Well, i have arrived to this forum a short while ago, so sorry for the long post.
In my opinion, PD has run out of ideas, and im pretty sure they r beeing pushed around by Sony to get content out fast.
First of all, the news that the seasonal events were updated every Thursday got a miss shot at the start. A week passed on, and all of a sudden PD let these jokes.
Im sorry for calling them jokes, but that is the deserved name for them.
I just went home on my lunch break, started the ps3 and got a smile when i saw the seasonal got updated. I played with a Civic on the FF races, and made it go down to under 200 bhp. Im not in any way an expert racer, but i got all gold prizes, at the first try, and i was ahead of the pack at the first lap !
I went to the 4x4, picked up my Scooby... got it down to 354bhp ... went at the races, and same deal. I mean, 3 laps,retarded and slow AI oponents, we have the game for a little while now, most of the tracks im 1st before the 1st lap is over, let alone with 3 laps ...
Now, this is my reason to call them a joke, and almost disrespectfull to players world wide. Im beeing serious now, i had more dificulty to overcome some of the beginner events, than these !
There r so many good ideas to throw into the game.
Like i said in another post, me and a couple of friends r having a FF league.
I introduced a couple of new ideas to it, that it could help out someone at PD.
team race... same team people use the same colour on their cars, and the team only uses one model of car
a few tracks .. some technical, some fast...
allways the same car ... laps until tire wear starts to downgrade performance ... people in the league, cant choose a car like they want, they first have to qualify for it ( we agreed on using a Swift Sport round the nurburgring nordschleife for the qualify times ) ...
These r just a couples of ideas ... PD is making this game boring fast, and thats a pity, since its the GAME for Playstation ...

I've gathered that from what I've read on here, but I haven't come across any how-to.

A simple search will give you a detailed explaination of how it's done, the bubble has burst in the market place compared to what is was a month ago, however there is still plenty of action to be had if you wanted to make a start.

In a nutshell duping means you can have any car you want free, just takes a very small amount of effort.

Why do you dupe then, if you're totally happy with the game PD have presented you? If the payouts are suffiecient, and you don't need lots of money from seasonals? Clearly you do, or you wouldn't duping cars for free, you'd buy them with all your readily available money.

You've been having a go at people moaning throughout this thead about lack of cash then you admit that you dupe. Kinda washes your argument away doesn't it?

I went to the 4x4, picked up my Scooby... got it down to 354bhp ... went at the races, and same deal. I mean, 3 laps,retarded and slow AI oponents, we have the game for a little while now, most of the tracks im 1st before the 1st lap is over, let alone with 3 laps ...
Now, this is my reason to call them a joke, and almost disrespectfull to players world wide.

You call PD a joke, well I'd say the same about you with that attitude, the game is only as hard as you make it, if you killed it with your suby then use a slower car.
I used a stock Skyline and took the lead on the last corner of the last lap at Laguna Seca, and had a ball doing it, if you cant control yourself why is it PD's job to hold your hand through the FREE updates.

Also don't you realise that kids play this game as well and making it too hard is being unfair on them.

Last edited:
Why do you dupe then, if you're totally happy with the game PD have presented you? If the payouts are suffiecient, and you don't need lots of money from seasonals? Clearly you do, or you wouldn't duping cars for free, you'd buy them with all your readily available money.

You've been having a go at people moaning throughout this thead about lack of cash then you admit that you dupe. Kinda washes your argument away doesn't it?

No it doesn't. I have over 10 mill in the bank, I could dupe or I could waste time cycling the UCD.

EDIT: Now your just talking sh/t because I have never ever said that I was totally happy with game, that is just your assumption.

EDIT 2: Don't get me wrong I buy plenty of cars as well I don't trade for them all.

Last edited:
I have the F10.......got two trades open today. . . one before 12am GMT and one directly after.

PM with what you have to trade. You will be sending first. You can check my previous post. Grown man, tied into leagues, I am not going anywhere as well got a bit of a rep with my name in the leagues. Never would tarnish that or real life integrity.

BUT, I am only trading today amd then back to sending cars to my kids account. I fully expect the two I trade with to offer the car back to the community in a trade.

Also, I dont have to have any 10mil-20mil car in trade. After the Audi R8 LM for sure. As well the C5R Race car. . .or VW NArdi.

Any hater wanna talk dung about me duping, meet me on track is all I got to say. Match cars. . you will see duping doesn't make or break a racer. I am still fast with 10 cars or 300.

It is true if you love the game and enjoy driving you can go and do races woth 1000cr driving a 1950 jag. Just because its fun as hell.

But if you do it for the sake of level 40 or extending your ego somehow u are playing the wrong game buddy.

Most cars are fun the 10 000 cr honda vs 20 000 000 cr race car. If you think not then this game is not for you, go play NFS or some other arcade racer.

On topic what is the cr prize for F1 race?

I've got a proposed solution for the Seasonal events problem. PD should keep the races the way they are but gage the credit/exp reward based on the hp or pwr/weight ratio of the car used in the race.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but it seems like the best compromise between easy, over inflated payouts and the highly difficult races which most folks(certianly no one in these forums) have trouble completing.

Or, perhaps one challenge race and two mediocare races?

Either way, I think PD is making an effort and that should be recognized and applauded. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back