Seasonal Events - Bonus Race 1

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 371 comments
United States
Massachusetts
AJ_Foyt_Racing
I just started running Tsukuba Circuit in the Seasonal Events with the Fiat 500. The best I can place so far is 2nd.

I'm guessing you need to be connected to at least get the info on what the events are... most likely to play too.

I started with SSR5, got 2nd place first try. Tried again and got 1st. Did Indy and Deep Forest as well, also got 1st. Doing Tokyo R246 now.

They're not really hard or anything, but they're still fun to do and give much exp and cr.!

I love these new events. It will be awesome if there will be a new A spec race every month.

Although I must admit I found it to be pretty hard. Especially because we cant tune, or change oil, or anything.

My best in the Fiat race after trying quickly two times is 6 place driving with a DS3, i went of track once, and a few other mistakes. ( I normally use a wheel).

I think this will be pretty hard for me to gold. Not imposibel but hard. just as i like it :-)

i have a report from some dude on another forum that e completed in the first category last race and won 1.000.000 cr and 100.000 XP

I think the best things to come out of this are that:

A) It gives us something to do.

B) It presents a challenge, we can't just overpower the events.

B) It presents a challenge, we can't just overpower the events.

Thats the best bit about many of the special events.

I'd love to see more things like the Italian Tour, which just give you experience in lots of cars, no tuning options etc, and unlock cool and interesting things to play with.

I played with just special events for the first week with GT5.

Shame there were not more restrictions on the A-spec and B-spec races really. In GT4 the points system meant there was reward for not over-powering events, but in GT5 you just can't help yourself :D

Dave

What GT-Rs are you guys using?

im struggling with my r32... 487hp at 1240kg fully tuned and i cant catch 2nd place.

I started with SSR5, got 2nd place first try. Tried again and got 1st.
I also got 1st with my second try. I guess if I had a wheel I'd have done it first time, Sixaxis is good enough though 👍

I golded the first 2 events.

Cheated a bit as I tuned the suspension and used close ratio box to gain a bit of acceleration. Very useful for the Fiat 500 challenge. (Got the bugger out of the last turn on the last lap)

The CR-Z challenge not really since I was in 1st place by lap 3.

Ugh the Indy challenge is a pain.. i already have a completely stock Challenger R/T and can't use it because it has too much hp.. from regular oil changes.

Yeah, the one with the Fiat 500 on Tsukuba :yuck:

I've been trying it a couple of times but no matter what, I always fail in 2nd position, totally out of reach of the leader (5-6 s gap).

I tweaked the car a bit (changed the transmission for a close 5) and been running consistently lap times between 1.21.0XX and 1.21.5XX, which seems the very best I can get out of the car considering my average driving skills :dunce:

Is there anyone here that was able to pull it off? Any tips to share?

What GTR do you lot use for the SS5 challenge?

I did have a Vspec, but changed the oil and it's now over powered. My R32 doesn't cut it.

I just started running Tsukuba Circuit in the Seasonal Events with the Fiat 500. The best I can place so far is 2nd.

Ditto I had it at max HP and Min. Weight.(Sports Air filter, Light windows)
I used the close ratio tranny and man that guy was into turn 1 by the time I crossed the line.

I am enjoying these set challenges the Indy one with Challenger is even tougher. I need to purchase the rest of the cars for the challenges.

Nah mate these seasonal time events are shocking. Ive been doing the SSR 5 laps using a Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec 96 483BHP. The cars i have to race against are Ford GT, Audi R8, Dodge Viper & so on. The max BHP car u can enter is a 493 & the car u have to use is a Nissan Skyline. The best i can do is 8th place & thats throwing the car around the track. So i have no idea how the game reckons u can do anything faster is beyond me. :crazy:

What GTR do you lot use for the SS5 challenge?

I did have a Vspec, but changed the oil and it's now over powered. My R32 doesn't cut it.

For the Indy Road Course all I did was:
FC Transmission set to 168mph
Racing Air Filter

No oil change -> 425HP

I just bought another SpecV '09 (Have the GT Academy version but yes, you can't use it) ...and I was going to upgrade this car anyway.

Did the following for SSR5 Challenge:
Stage 3 WR
Window Weight Reduction
CF Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Racing Air Filter
FC Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Diff
Carbon Drive Shaft
FC Suspension
Sports Soft
Rear wing

No oil change... 492HP

EDIT:
You can do the first 3 events with bone stock cars.
The last two gives you some wiggle room to modify a little bit.
For the indy race I just added FC transmission because with the stock it kept topping out too much.

I had cash to burn so i'd do NO oil change, get a sports air filter + window weight reduction (down to exactly 1000kg and 65bhp!) and a close ratio transmission and sports suspension helps. This should net you a manageable win and if not try putting on the aero parts as these definitely made a difference on the last bend grip wise and anything else if nessersary. Hope this helps!

I started with SSR5, got 2nd place first try. Tried again and got 1st. Did Indy and Deep Forest as well, also got 1st. Doing Tokyo R246 now.

They're not really hard or anything, but they're still fun to do and give much exp and cr.!

Are you kidding:S

What car did you use?

I had cash to burn so i'd do NO oil change, get a sports air filter + window weight reduction (down to exactly 1000kg and 65bhp!) and a close ratio transmission and sports suspension helps. This should net you a manageable win and if not try putting on the aero parts as these definitely made a difference on the last bend grip wise and anything else if nessersary. Hope this helps!

I've already done all of the mods that I can do plus the aero and I can still only manage 2nd. I'm running a good race and I'm in 2nd going into the 4th lap gaining on the leader but I'm still a second or 2 from catching him.

What lap times are people doing for the SSR5? I'm doing 1:30's in a GT-R v-spec fully upgraded which is only good enough for 3rd.

Yup, i just got it. Slapped on the comfort medium tyres, sports air filter, window weight reduction, fully cust. suspension, all drivetrain upgrades and fully cust. tranny.
I set the gears to max. acceleration. I am just using the DS3 controller, and won in a few tries. Was running low 1.20's, and only managed to pass the leader after the last corner, won by 0.020.

Good luck!

These new races are great. Only done the first two. Won Tsukuba in the Fiat by 5 seconds, the only thing I did to the Fiat was the sport air filter, the CR-Z race was to easy, should have been harder like the first race.

Back