Seasonal Events - Bonus Race 1

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 371 comments
finally managed to get gold in all 5 1st season events, the easiest was the challenger....because I found trick to cut the first chicane, saves about 0.5secs or so. Without it best I could manage was about 1-2 secs behind the #1 car, all aids off except ABS at 1.....

When you say you cut the first chicane do you mean you turned right and ran through the grassy area behind the barrier at the first turn? Are you running the car stock or have you upgraded it for this event?

I'm really loving these added events. They really make you feel like you have to really play around with your car's settings, such as aero kits, drivetrain, transmission, suspension. It's a welcome change from modding your car 300 HP ++ over the competition to win events...

The Mini race there's no need to cut corners, another member provided these setups.
With these setups the car runs pretty fast.

Mini Cooper '07
172 hp

Purchased the Sports Exhaust Manifold, Transmission, Suspension

Transmission
Top Speed 199

Suspension
Ride height -15/0
Spring Rate 6.5/6.5
Extension 5/4
Compression 4/4
Anti Roll Bars 2/2

Wheel Alignment
Camber 1.0/0.5
Toe -0.2/0.20

Brake 6/7

I would prefer that PD mixes it up on the bonus races, currently the races are mission races (last to first on poor tires chasing a rabbit), I would like to see races with HP & weight requirements with decent laps.

The Mini race there's no need to cut corners, another member provided these setups.
With these setups the car runs pretty fast.

Mini Cooper '07
172 hp

Purchased the Sports Exhaust Manifold, Transmission, Suspension

Transmission
Top Speed 199

Suspension
Ride height -15/0
Spring Rate 6.5/6.5
Extension 5/4
Compression 4/4
Anti Roll Bars 2/2

Wheel Alignment
Camber 1.0/0.5
Toe -0.2/0.20

Brake 6/7

I would prefer that PD mixes it up on the bonus races, currently the races are mission races (last to first on poor tires chasing a rabbit), I would like to see races with HP & weight requirements with decent laps.

This setup worked perfect for me, beat it in about 4 tries

My attempts to beat the Mini race have been in a mostly stock car. I added the fixed supsension for a little more bite in the turns but that's it. My best finish is 3rd place so far (no aids, no ABS). I may have to give in and upgrade a bit to get through this one as I've made no less than 30 attempts so far.

I'm really loving these added events. They really make you feel like you have to really play around with your car's settings, such as aero kits, drivetrain, transmission, suspension. It's a welcome change from modding your car 300 HP ++ over the competition to win events...

Agree - I spent a few hours last night on these and only started golding events after careful attention to tuning - especially to the top speed of the transmission and the limited slip settings. More than one event was won after finding the sweet spot on the transmission top speed!

I had big time problems with the 70's Dodge Challenger event. My car kept topping out at 169-179km per hour. Only later did I found that I had to buy the fully customizable transmission to make it top speed higher.

These events push my knowledge of things I didn't know before. It's hella fun! :D

Lowest max speed possible is 83 MPH and that's what I used on the 500.

In my closest race, I finished just 1.010 seconds out of the top spot. Next time I attempt it, I am going to try the window weight reduction.

To save anyone any heart breaks, if you are 5 seconds back going into lap 5, reset because you will NOT catch the Audi A2.

lol I was over 5 seconds and I did it :sly:

The Fiat event, like most of them, is about good cornering technique; carrying as much momentum through the turns as the car can handle while keeping the tires on the pavement.

When you say you cut the first chicane do you mean you turned right and ran through the grassy area behind the barrier at the first turn? Are you running the car stock or have you upgraded it for this event?

The Challenger event became trivial for me when I decided to off-road it. For turn one, you just need to tap the brakes enough to get the car to turn in, then blast over off-road to the RIGHT of the tire wall (the normal racing line is left of it). If you aim it properly, you should pop out perfectly on line to take turn two (left turn), but carrying a LOT more speed than if you had taken turn one correctly. This makes up a TON of time.

You can also shortcut the esses later in the track... just straightline them as much as you can, and you'll make up a bit of time on the AI.

It's dirty pool, but if you're having problems with this race and just want to get out with a big paycheck, this should do it! I think I ended up getting first place with two laps to go? I forget, I did a lot of events last night, and ended in a fuming rage at the AI after the NASCAR Nürburgring race.

I finally golded the Fiat challenge!! Took 1st place right before the finish line, won by .010s (which gave me that trophy :dopey:) I tried to take a nice photo of the finish, this was the best I could do :)

Glad I got it on the last day too :D :D

Finally decided to do them all since it was the last day. Finished all in about 3 hours, and man was it fun.

Beat the Fiat in second try using Hawker's setup, finished CR-Z and RX-7 on first try, Challenger and GTR took a while, but it all pays off.

All in all, it was awesome and can't wait to start doing bonus races 2.

Back