Seasonal events - now officially ruined.

• Thread starter strtgng
  • 522 comments

Does lifting restrictions ruin the seasonal events?

• Yes - Ruined! Why break a good thing PD?

Votes: 164 36.2%
  • No way! Stop whining!

Votes: 289 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
strtgng
strtgng
UPDATE - added a poll!

So these were the redeeming feature in GT5 that was renewing people's faith in PD. Actual challenging races where you had to pay attention to upgrades and tuning. I loved them, as did many others based on comments in these forums.

Now all tuning restrictions have been removed from the 2nd round of events and the 3rd have none to start with.

Why is PD so out of touch with the end users? Being challenged to drive fast and consistent, and fine tune settings was an eye opener to how much detail is in the game. After struggling all week at 14 seconds behind the leader in the GT-R event to winning tonight at 9:45 pm EST (15 minutes before the 1st events closed) with a gap of 0.446 to the Ford in second place by just tuning the car right was amazing!

Now all that can easily be overlooked - it is easier to make an 800hp car and annihilate the competition than to work at improving skill. How many people new to GT5 will do just that and then wonder what all the fuss is about?

Rant over - back to birthday glitching and duping, something the seasonal events were enough to tear me away from!

Last edited:
So by your logic all of ASPEC is ruined and horrible because you can out tune everyone there to?

Actually, yes.

Ruined? Did you ever thing maybe that they are switching things up this week?

But they went back and removed the restrictions on the existing week 2 events?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they make the challenges easier, they should nerf skid recovery force.

I think a lot of people, including myself, fall into the category where we could complete them easily with SRF but some (Focus RS) seemed too hard without it.

I reckon theres more people who were after easy money and XP (Casuals) then people who wanted a challenge (Hardcore)

So these were the redeeming feature in GT5 that was renewing people's faith in PD. Actual challenging races where you had to pay attention to upgrades and tuning. I loved them, as did many others based on comments in these forums.

Now all tuning restrictions have been removed from the 2nd round of events and the 3rd have none to start with.

Why is PD so out of touch with the end users? Being challenged to drive fast and consistent, and fine tune settings was an eye opener to how much detail is in the game. After struggling all week at 14 seconds behind the leader in the GT-R event to winning tonight at 9:45 pm EST (15 minutes before the 1st events closed) with a gap of 0.446 to the Ford in second place by just tuning the car right was amazing!

Now all that can easily be overlooked - it is easier to make an 800hp car and annihilate the competition than to work at improving skill. How many people new to GT5 will do just that and then wonder what all the fuss is about?

Rant over - back to birthday glitching and duping, something the seasonal events were enough to tear me away from!

Well then go glitching and duping if it makes you feel better... and wait for the next seasonal event! Maybe there will be restrictions again... maybe the race will be impossible to win this would be fun :banghead:

You can still restrict yourself, you know. If someone choose to do it the easy way, it's their choice. There's nothing stopping you from using the stock car/ minimal upgrade car with tuning and try to beat the races. This way everybody get their way.

HN7
You can still restrict yourself, you know. If someone choose to do it the easy way, it's their choice. There's nothing stopping you from using the stock car/ minimal upgrade car with tuning and try to beat the races. This way everybody get their way.

Winning is winning,

Im one for a very close race but like in real life without restrictions .. People simply go all out...

You ever see any race team detune or say no to mods to give a "more competitive race?

ENFORCE RESTRICTIONS PD THIS IS PATHETIC!!!!!

I'll be fine if they setup the race so it is JUST winnable without mods, but so far the difficulty is all over the place:

Prius and C4 races are too easy, you win bone stock by some margin.
Elise one is actually almost spot on.
The TT one and Ford GT one demands mods, but without restriction you really have to guess how far to mod the car without being overpowering, and that is a repeat of A-spec all together, which sucks.

I think they are still kind of trying things out and trying to find the right balance for these events. Can't understand why to take the restrictions out of the 2:nd set of races though. We can hope that they collect data on this and manage to find a good balance in future.

easy look at competitors cars... set yours to the same exact horsepower/weight ratio. use sport tires.

There you have a challenge and casuals can just outpower the cpu

I'll be fine if they setup the race so it is JUST winnable without mods, but so far the difficulty is all over the place:

Prius and C4 races are too easy, you win bone stock by some margin.
Elise one is actually almost spot on.
The TT one and Ford GT one demands mods, but without restriction you really have to guess how far to mod the car without being overpowering, and that is a repeat of A-spec all together, which sucks.

the prius one i won stock by less than a second.
Audi i tryed stock loss by 35 i think, came in second place.
just did the elise. i used sport soft tires, upgraded horsepower to 200 and won by less than half a second, on my 6th try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's take a look at reality. So far they have sold what? 5.5 million copies? Out of that many how many people are hardcore? Hmmm? How many are casual? I'm thinking casual out number hardcore. Kinda sucks but hey that's business. Now the hardcore can always make it harder but the casual can't make it easier. So what should PD do? Easy, cater to the money.. the casual gamer.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about? I really like this game and compared to everything else I have ever seen, PD is light years past the competition. I guess I am content and just so pleased to be playing this game. I have yet to find perfection in anything in life, so I wasn't expecting it in this game. I am a little bummed, bspec is running a 9hr race for me and I find out I could be playing week 3 events...There is always tomorrow!

Let's take a look at reality. So far they have sold what? 5.5 million copies? Out of that many how many people are hardcore? Hmmm? How many are casual? I'm thinking casual out number hardcore. Kinda sucks but hey that's business.
That didn't stoppeds Kaz from making a GT5 mainly for the wheels. I remember he even said it by himself... How many of GT5 players actually have a wheel, even a cheap one? My guess would be it's below 10%.
But that's another story...

As for seasonal events... I think that PD need to do some system, like:
Bad tires, less hp, less of other stuff on car => more money
Racing soft tires, all possible upgrades ==> a bit less money.
No need to make some complicated system which will check your car specs before race, 2 types of a prize is enough.
Everyone will be happy that way i think. =)

Actually..I think PD is assuming we have brains and can figure out what to use.They're doing us a favor by not making us spend alot of money on upgrades.I spent a bunch on Prius upgrades and then realised that these races were all gonna be over quick if I upgraded much.All I did was put Sport softs on the Audi and an ECU and it was still too easy.I just used sport softs on the Lotus w/race diff and beat the leader by 15 sec.so I'm thinking you can win most of these with just Sport tires.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about? I really like this game and compared to everything else I have ever seen, PD is light years past the competition. I guess I am content and just so pleased to be playing this game. I have yet to find perfection in anything in life, so I wasn't expecting it in this game. I am a little bummed, bspec is running a 9hr race for me and I find out I could be playing week 3 events...There is always tomorrow!

Actually, the NASCAR nurburgring event was as close to perfection as it gets. It was so damn hard, I was sweating from concentration. But as I passed the lead car.... I was just in heaven.

It took me maybe 10-15 attempts + many false starts, but I learned so much about the ring from that event.

I want more nurburgring north events please

bPS1E.gif

tbh i think ppl who does this ruins the game. but then again, everybody has their own opinion.

i think in my opinion the GT-r event was the easy one. the ford focus took a bit more care than the rest.

I thought the harsh difficulty of season 1 and 2 was fine. Great EVEN.

Sure I had to use sfr on a few events but that's what its for right? Give me a tough challenge if I can't do it after amount of time fine everyone can sfr and do them easy.

The whole problem with a spec was too easy and no HP limits now seasonal is just like that but worth about What 8 mill for 15 races?

eric-cartman-110.jpg

tbh i think ppl who does this ruins the game. but then again, everybody has their own opinion.

i think in my opinion the GT-r event was the easy one. the ford focus took a bit more care than the rest.
You don't get it... We would rather had some hard seasonal events, than had to dupe cars, since there's nothing else to do in a game, because it has just 45 normal a-spec events (endurance, special not in that list). Which can be done in like... 2 days?
Then all you will get is... grind for money, since there's no prize cars for re-doing the race. Special events are too short too...
I've started to dupe cars after i had nothing left to do in GT5 as well. Would i've done it if it has 450++ races like GT4 had? Nope, racing are much more fun than this.

And to people who said: use not overpowered car etc. Real challenge /=/ fake challenge.
It's developers' job to put some interesting rules or restrictions in to the game, so the players will have to think about tuning, best car model (like in the RX-7 event), maybe ask on forum for good tuning setups and try their best of course.
Your own "rules" will never get you that much satisfaction as you'll get when win, even though some race had "stupid restrictions".
May as well go and try "Like the Wind" on some Miata then.

I think the Seasonal Events are awesome, at long last we can have some competitive races.. And the Seasonal Events are OPTIONAL.. So if you're not so good at the game, and cannot get Gold, you won't lose out in any way...

I haven't seen the Seasonal Events No.3 but I will look tonight, and I'm sure I will enjoy them. It also forces us to use some cars we normally would not consider buying... The cars aren't exactly expensive, as you can get 100k in 4 minutes anyways.

The only annoying this is, the Oil Change of a stock car makes the car unuseable for them.. and you can't downgrade cars... I don't mind about the strict restrictions but it really forces you to buy a new car, even if you have it already.

EDIT: I saw they have no restrictions.. That's a bit disappointing...

What's even worse is I hadn't finished round 2 yet... there are now races I have no idea what the limits WERE so i can't try them the way they were meant to be done anymore :(

Actually..I think PD is assuming we have brains and can figure out what to use.They're doing us a favor by not making us spend alot of money on upgrades.I spent a bunch on Prius upgrades and then realised that these races were all gonna be over quick if I upgraded much.All I did was put Sport softs on the Audi and an ECU and it was still too easy.I just used sport softs on the Lotus w/race diff and beat the leader by 15 sec.so I'm thinking you can win most of these with just Sport tires.

I mentioned this before as why I liiked the seasonal events so much:

They aren't just a matter of finding the cheapest power and slapping great tires on your car.

They actually made you get familiar with tuning and not just powering up your car... how many people can figure out which parts to buy to add hp up to a limit? How hard is it to compare how much HP $5k gets you on this part vs the other part? And turbos are the only kind of power that is different from the other instant power due to lag. Everything is just the same power... you might as well just make a store where you can pay XXX Cr and have your HP go up XXX amount.

But the seasonal events made you tinker with camber, toe and height... made you appreciate weight reduction and really explore what the cars could do with proper tuning.

You don't get it... We would rather had some hard seasonal events, than had to dupe cars, since there's nothing else to do in a game, because it has just 45 normal a-spec events (endurance, special not in that list). Which can be done in like... 2 days?
Then all you will get is... grind for money, since there's no prize cars for re-doing the race. Special events are too short too...
I've started to dupe cars after i had nothing left to do in GT5 as well. Would i've done it if it has 450++ races like GT4 had? Nope, racing are much more fun than this.

And to people who said: use not overpowered car etc. Real challenge /=/ fake challenge.
It's developers' job to put some interesting rules or restrictions in to the game, so the players will have to think about tuning, best car model (like in the RX-7 event), maybe ask on forum for good tuning setups and try their best of course.
Your own "rules" will never get you that much satisfaction as you'll get when win, even though some race had "stupid restrictions".
May as well go and try "Like the Wind" on some Miata then.

So play online. I had no problem with the previous seasonal races. A couple like the focus event I turned on skid recovery but I did them all in my first or second try. Playing against the terrible AI in this game is not hard and never will be.

If you are so amazing go online and win every race there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back